watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It is now an OFFICIAL Fulham season

Started by HatterDon, February 04, 2011, 12:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

The "Clint Dempsey is looking tired and needs to sit down" posts have begun. Yes, despite the fact that he's played brilliantly all season, and has been our best attacking player AND, despite the fact that he was outstanding yesterday, he "looks tired and needs to sit down."  

sigh :dead horse:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr Fulham

I agree, Don! He's been outstanding, especially when played together with AJ and Dembele.

When will people realize it's his "look"? He always LOOKS tired....but he isn't.

cebu

I just wish I was as tired as Clint!  :003:

LordNelson

Such imbecilic posters should be subjected to immediate ridicule and a cat o' nine tails thrashing.  :014:
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

BarryP

Quote from: cebu on February 04, 2011, 12:25:55 AM
I just wish I was as tired as Clint!  :003:

You and me both.

:airfix: :airfix:
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Steve_orino

Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Jimbobob

Quote from: HatterDon on February 04, 2011, 12:15:25 AM
The "Clint Dempsey is looking tired and needs to sit down" posts have begun. Yes, despite the fact that he's played brilliantly all season, and has been our best attacking player AND, despite the fact that he was outstanding yesterday, he "looks tired and needs to sit down."  

sigh :dead horse:
Totally agree. My only issue with him and most of these world class players is they need to spend more time in the weight room for upper and to a lesser degree lower body development so they can sustain the harsh catabolic effect the season has on their muscles. But yes he just has that "look" and gets a bad rap for it. He is an animal I just want him to get more muscle on those bones!   :drums: :dead horse: :drums: :dead horse: :drums: :dead horse:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Sector9

I wish he would put his head up and pass more in front of goal....... but he has been brilliant. Player of the season for the first half, we'll see where he lies in come may..

Jimpav

Whoa huge over reaction!

I'm not sure what else has been posted but I suggested that we rest Dempsey against Villa so that he is at his best for Chelsea.

This was solely based on the fact that we have played 2 games this week and have a third on Saturday.

Dempsey is our only player to have figured in every match as well as having a good run in the world cup.

We have got players back and performing without him having to try and carry us in every match. Yes, he's our star perfomer so why not celebrate that and keep him fit for the season.

Should have seen this coming the moment I doubted Dempseys invincibility. :dead horse:

Tom

:tom: Don!  :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse:
Fulham for life!

ImperialWhite

Player of the season, for me. No strikers, we/Hughes ask him to step up and he does so magnificently (without his 9 goals we'd be dead and buried already; sub-relegation battle).

Not sure who's having a pop though? I was at the Newcastle match so missed the match day thread, mind.

AlFayedsChequebook

I thought he did look tired..........after 80 mins!

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Who cares? we have a squad of 25, it's not all about Dempsey!

After the recent fixture congestion and  the cup run I expect every player will be tired...

FC Silver Fox

The trouble is that he's hardly had any time off for 2 years, has he? What with the World Cup, the Confederation Cup and international commitments, its just building up and building up. A close season break is essential for players to recharge the batteries.  I'm just amazed that Clint has avoided stress injuries so far (touch wood).
   I just love his large determined,almost demonic eyes when the TV shows a close-up of his face during a match. You can just read the total commitment there.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

bigalffc

No.1 for attitude and workrate last season and this he couldn't do more.
If we had 11 Clint dempseys on the pitch we would win everthing in sight,
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

ImperialWhite

Quote from: bigalffc on February 04, 2011, 11:39:23 AM
No.1 for attitude and workrate last season and this he couldn't do more.
If we had 11 Clint dempseys on the pitch we would win everthing in sight,

Nah, he's a shite shot stopper!

LordNelson

I thought HD was referring to comments on a certain other board which I check from time to time for amusement purposes.  Didn't read anything into Jimpav's comments regarding the upcoming "FX Pro Derby" or the blue scum.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Blingo

Average player puts in average effort, should be dropped until he bucks his ideas up.