watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Snoods being banned?

Started by finnster01, February 04, 2011, 03:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

For the first time in my life, I actually agree with something FIFA is proposing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9387849.stm

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

LordNelson

Amen to that.  Bunch of Nancys.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

SoCalJoe

How they haven't been self-regulated out of the sport is defies logic. Those things are beyond embarrassing.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

epsomraver

Only on a safety issue in case someone grabs it and pulls them back with it, ban pony tails and dreadlocks as well I say, up the fashion police!

The Equalizer

On the subject of banning things, I think I saw one of the stewards confiscating a Vuvuzela from a supporter in H7 on wednesday.

LB - can you confirm? It sounded like you swallowed it after!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

AlFayedsChequebook

This just p*sses me off. Who cares what players wear unless they are gaining some kind of advantage?

Just another way for FIFA to avoid doing anything productive and take attention away from their massive corruption - by the above responses, it seems to have worked.

LBNo11

Quote from: The Equalizer on February 04, 2011, 04:34:31 PM
On the subject of banning things, I think I saw one of the stewards confiscating a Vuvuzela from a supporter in H7 on wednesday.

...the vuvuzela was being used like a trumpet in short bursts to get the "Fulham" chant going, and not in the monotonous constant tone that made watching the SA world cup a switch off for me.

That said I don't need a vuvuzela, and our little enclave in the detached H6 and H7 at the back is getting louder each game, a lot of old school - "We Are The Whites"...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Peabody

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on February 04, 2011, 04:34:55 PM
This just p*sses me off. Who cares what players wear unless they are gaining some kind of advantage?

Just another way for FIFA to avoid doing anything productive and take attention away from their massive corruption - by the above responses, it seems to have worked.

Could'nt agree more, though I agree that they are stupid but just how is banning them going to improve football. Maybe it will help to decide whether the ball crosses the line or stop blatant foul play. I doubt it.

The Equalizer

Quote from: LBNo11 on February 04, 2011, 05:14:03 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on February 04, 2011, 04:34:31 PM

...the vuvuzela was being used like a trumpet in short bursts to get the "Fulham" chant going, and not in the monotonous constant tone that made watching the SA world cup a switch off for me.

That said I don't need a vuvuzela, and our little enclave in the detached H6 and H7 at the back is getting louder each game, a lot of old school - "We Are The Whites"...

I love it mate. My only problem is that being directly between the H5 group and your group it's like I've got out of sync surround sound!

Like a pair of 3D headphones.  :dft012:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

LBNo11

...with the drum being banned by the club the middle section of H6 is dead nowadays, and I know what you mean about the sync delay. On the right side we join in with H5, but there is a minute delay that makes it sound out of balance (that's my excuse), shame we cannot get more singers in H6 so that we all sound as one.

The best combined effort we have done this season is "Disgrace To The Premiership" "One Danny Murphy" "He Score With His Left - etc., for Clint and "Ole, ole, ole ole - Moussa - Dembele" which proves that when we all sing in unison we can make one hell of a noise...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

The Equalizer

Quote from: LBNo11 on February 04, 2011, 05:27:37 PM
...with the drum being banned by the club the middle section of H6 is dead nowadays, and I know what you mean about the sync delay. On the right side we join in with H5, but there is a minute delay that makes it sound out of balance (that's my excuse), shame we cannot get more singers in H6 so that we all sound as one.

The best combined effort we have done this season is "Disgrace To The Premiership" "One Danny Murphy" "He Score With His Left - etc., for Clint and "Ole, ole, ole ole - Moussa - Dembele" which proves that when we all sing in unison we can make one hell of a noise...

It's hard mate. Where me, Orm, Airfix and the special one Wizard sit it's all kids and tourists. I always wade in for as long as my voice lasts though.