News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - On a Bass (no, not the fish) trip ATM - What is your fav bass play?

Started by finnster01, February 05, 2011, 12:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

sacffc

My favorite live bass moment was when I saw Jaco Pastorius, when he was with Weather Report, play Purple Haze as a bass duet ... with himself.

He had 2 speakers facing each other.  He played the bass riff (octaves?) that starts the song, then set the bass between the speakers so it continued in a loop.  Then he picked up a second bass and played Purple Haze.  Un-frickin-believable.
My music blog:  If you just Stand There and Play, is it worth listening to?

Motown

For me, it has to be Skynyrd's Leon Wilkeson on some memorable live performances of Free Bird. Ed King did the honours on the original studio recording, but it doesn't touch the drive of LW's live play which still does it for me all these years later. :HD:

LBNo11

...just think - what amazing sounds Von Billy could get out of his axe if he had inherited the extra fingers.. :dft012:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

VB

Quote from: LBNo11 on February 05, 2011, 08:54:46 PM
...just think - what amazing sounds Von Billy could get out of his axe if he had inherited the extra fingers.. :dft012:

I only wished I had inherited Gene Simmons tongue.......but like the picture, thats another story for a completely different forum :015:
FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same