News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is that daft old lady still in the Hammersmith end?

Started by finnster01, February 06, 2011, 05:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

Speaking about chants and noise, is that annoying old lady still there? The one who rants on for a full 90 minutes and slags off our players continuously?

I had to change mine and my daughters ST tickets because of her 3 years ago. Couldn't believe what was coming out of her mouth. :dead horse:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

leonffc

CorkedHat

What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Admin

Ahem!!! I won't have KCat spoken about like that thank you very much!!!  :hook:

Although I seem to remember one back in the late 80's when we had terracing in the Hammersmith End, used to stand at the front by the rallings totally off her rocker, getting name mixed up, shouting abuse, just mad... Surely not the same old silly bird going strong?

LBNo11

...do you mean "come on Fulham, come on Fulham, Come on Fulham, Come on Fulham, come on Fulham...etc., for 90 minutes (possibly longer)..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: leonffc on February 06, 2011, 08:06:01 AM
Yeah Spencer still let's her out on match days
:011: :011:  :011: . I remember her one game just repeating Foward kitty (Symons) forwardKitty.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Admin on February 06, 2011, 08:20:45 AM
Ahem!!! I won't have KCat spoken about like that thank you very much!!!  :hook:

Although I seem to remember one back in the late 80's when we had terracing in the Hammersmith End, used to stand at the front by the rallings totally off her rocker, getting name mixed up, shouting abuse, just mad... Surely not the same old silly bird going strong?

I am glad you said the Hammersmith End  and not the Hammy End  ....................
I am a H Blocker in the Steven....................er, The  Johnny Haynes Stand
Although the H has become F and is now G  .......................the back row of course  but then you knew that already you little tyke :)

VB

Blimey. I remember her. the old lady behind the goal, Face pressed up against the caging (in them days we we're caged-in).
Everytime the ball come near the Hammy end her voice would rise along with the speed and colouful choice of language.
I could actually sit down (sometimes lie down, there was plenty of room in those days) and read my program,
I could tell where and what was happening on the pitch just by her speed of word alone.
FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: LBNo11 on February 06, 2011, 11:46:50 AM
...do you mean "come on Fulham, come on Fulham, Come on Fulham, Come on Fulham, come on Fulham...etc., for 90 minutes (possibly longer)..?
............that one was in E block a few years ago .......but none are as annoying as the family
husband/wife and two kids ( they must be grown up by now ) they wore matching aneracks  .....the two adults would complain and analyse the game non stop, blow by blow,  loud rantings I was near them at away games a few times, at a Charlton, a Christmas game,  they got told to 'buttom it' by a big bauld guy with  with a very loud voice :) ( No !! it was not LB ).................have not seen them for a few years .......................so now,   I admire their commitment and view that it takes all sorts

jarv

There's always some like that. The magazine "when saturday comes" did a column/essay entitled "the bloke behind". worth researching to see if you can find it, hilarious. It was a few years ago.

fulhamfootiechick

You cheeky FOOOOOOOOOKER leon, wait till i see you next hahaha!

Admin

Quote from: VB on February 06, 2011, 12:17:31 PM

Blimey. I remember her. the old lady behind the goal, Face pressed up against the caging (in them days we we're caged-in).
Everytime the ball come near the Hammy end her voice would rise along with the speed and colouful choice of language.
I could actually sit down (sometimes lie down, there was plenty of room in those days) and read my program,
I could tell where and what was happening on the pitch just by her speed of word alone.

Yep thats the one VB!! One particular game, she got an on loan defender mixed up with Sean Gore and she wouldn't shut up all game. "That's it Gore.. Out it goes Gore.. Well done Sean.. Come on Sean".

Fletchino

Come on fulham come on fulham come on fulham
she drives me mad come on fulham

CorkedHat

Quote from: fulhamfootiechick on February 06, 2011, 04:35:23 PM

You cheeky FOOOOOOOOOKER leon, wait till i see you next hahaha!

Blimey Kaz- if I kinew you were reading this I would never have put that laughing icon under that uncalled for remark :019: :005:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

The Equalizer

Quote from: LBNo11 on February 06, 2011, 11:46:50 AM

I was stuck next to her at Stamford Bridge a couple of years back. And it was exactly that for 90 full minutes.

"Come on Fulham. Come on Schwarzer. Come on Gera. Come on Dempsey, ad infinitum...."
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc