watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Hodgson To West Brom

Started by White Noise, February 07, 2011, 06:53:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

If Roy has to take another Prem job I would prefer it was at a smaller club like West Brom where he could do a good job and is less likely to raid Fulham. West Brom have some good players and play decent football so I could see RH keeping them up.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3395026/West-Brom-chase-Roy-Hodgson-after-sacking-Roberto-Di-Matteo.html

Roy can Bagg Di Matteo's job

Published: Today

Add a comment (10)

ROY HODGSON is high on West Brom's wanted list after they sacked Roberto Di Matteo yesterday.
Hodgson could be offered a quick route back into the game following his dismissal from Liverpool last month.

Baggies chairman Jeremy Peace has put first-team coach Michael Appleton in caretaker charge.

But with home clashes against relegation rivals West Ham and Wolves coming up, Peace may look for a swift appointment.

Albion are also looking at ex-Newcastle boss Chris Hughton.

Peace has been unhappy with Di Matteo's management style for some time and now wants a more hands-on boss.

The final straw came after West Brom's 3-0 defeat, the 13th in 18 games in all competitions, at Manchester City on Saturday.

Di Matteo, who has been put on gardening leave, said: 'I was extremely surprised and disappointed to be relieved of my duties.

"Playing in this league is tough but we have shown that we can compete with the best. Apart from the first week of the season, the club hasn't been in the bottom three.

"I am disappointed I don't now have the chance to lead the team through this crucial period and keep them in the league."

League Managers' Association supremo Richard Bevan hit out at Di Matteo's axing.

Bevan said: "Roberto represents yet another victim of the 'hire and fire' mentality that pervades in our game.

"The club has big games ahead and you have to question the decision to sack the manager.

"It is in situations like these that we all want to see clubs back the individuals they have employed."

But Peace said: "Our poor sequence of results stretches back more than three months and there has been little sign of it coming to an end.

"We are in a results-driven industry and felt we had no choice."

Tom

Good luck with that job Roy.  :011:
Fulham for life!

cebu

If I was Roy, I wouldn't take the job at any relegation threatened club. He needs quite a bit of time to get the players to perform the way he wants and now WBA only have 13 matches left this season.

Steer clear of this one Mr Hodgson!

BalDrick

I've got time for both Hodgson and West Brom, but I have to say he'd be a fool to take this. No transfer window to bring players in, a lot less time than he had with us to get a system going and working well. And he'll want a longer break than he's had since Liverpool let him go.

With Blackpool seemingly in freefall, there's a good chance a few promoted clubs will return whence they came come May.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Oakeshott

I like Roy is shrewd enough to realise that, understandably, he nevertheless made a bad decision in joining Liverpool, as some of us on this forum were clear it would be at the time. Joining WBA at this stage would be an equally bad decision for two reasons: (1) he hasn't the time to get them playing effectively - if he'd only had that time with us we'd have gone down for sure as it was only in the last weeks of the season that the players jelled to his method and (2) he has no opportunity to bring in anyone of consequence, and WBA's defence looks as rocky as ours did until Roy brought in Brede.

If I was Roy I'd take the rest of the season off and be quietly confident of being offered a Premiership job well before Christmas.

DukeTyrion

I am expecting Roy to end up at West Ham.

West Brom are the constant Yo-Yo team, whilst West Ham are more likely (under the right manager) to be able to make their Premier stay a longer term thing.