watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

thinking of selling a drawing on e-bay

Started by VB, February 09, 2011, 03:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VB

pretty skint at the moment (no work) :035:,how much do think I should sell it for?
FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same

LBNo11

...is it on drawing paper? Is it watercolour of coloured pencil/crayon/etc., is it framed or would you send it as a rolled up piece, is it an original, is it signed..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

VB

its on Snowden Cartridge Acid Free Artist Paper, I used Caren-Dache water-based pencil's. its not framed but it is an original.
its not signed, found it hard to get Demps, Dickson and Davies around my house for a signing :dft012:

its taken from a picture from a season's review book 2008/09

mccscratch

Quote from: VB on February 09, 2011, 04:10:19 PM
its on Snowden Cartridge Acid Free Artist Paper, I used Caren-Dache water-based pencil's. its not framed but it is an original.
its not signed, found it hard to get Demps, Dickson and Davies around my house for a signing :dft012:

I would think this would fit very nicely in my man cave... What sort of offer are you looking for?
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

VicHalomsLovechild

I'd agree with Fred. You could also sign on to there boards and and show your work off there. You could also consider adding a picture of a fan with their favorite player. Have to say considering you're copying it from a flat image you really have managed to get some shape into the bodies.

:54:   

PaulUMD

I think it's fantastic, I would buy that.

watfordwhite

Quote from: PaulUMD on February 09, 2011, 06:36:56 PM
+1 That is really good, any others? What sort of price range would you be looking for?

Matt

Quote from: watfordwhite on February 09, 2011, 07:11:55 PM
Quote from: PaulUMD on February 09, 2011, 06:36:56 PM
+1 That is really good, any others? What sort of price range would you be looking for?
+2. Quality work!
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

Jimpav

Love your drawings and would definitely bid on an original or be happy to buy a print.

Wouldn't dare suggest a price but maybe you could work out costs of materials and then add on eBay fees and of course the time it takes to create these masterpieces.

dtowndough

VB, this has been my wallpaper on work computer since you posted on FulhamUSA last year or year before.

ron

I'd go for a proper art auction, or trying to get an arrangement with a gallery rather than ebay.......which just seems to be a group of people who want something for (next to) nothing.

It's a very fine piece of work btw !

Me-ate-Live, innit??

V Billy .......give Dixon first refusal he should be good for a few big ones ...........
or Dixin's Lady might be a better option .............that would make a mighty fine Birthday present  for the man with more cars that you could shake a stick at ....... his birthday is 8th July
Excellent work as always  :045:

CorkedHat

Quote from: KCat on February 09, 2011, 09:44:23 PM
V Billy .......give Dixon first refusal he should be good for a few big ones ...........
or Dixin's Lady might be a better option .............that would make a mighty fine Birthday present  for the man with more cars that you could shake a stick at ....... his birthday is 8th July
Excellent work as always  :045:

K Cat has got it right again. Players are always up for this kind of thing.
Hanging framed on the wall of a former player somewhere, is a poem I wrote about him which I did for nothing because his manager at the time is a friend of mine. Besides, it was an honour that a Fulham legend would want my work anyway.
As works of art go, I can tell you that Von Billy's effort has considerable more merit than my effort and I am sure that Mr Etuhu would be happy to shell out some big ones to capture a memento of his time at Fulham.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Snibbo

Agreed, it looks a fine piece of work.

Dickson also has a Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/detuhu

VB

Thought I'd leave it a couple of days to see what sort or response it would get....

um, plenty to think about.

Firstly, thanks for the interest and appraisal, its very much appreciated.
I really only wanted an impartial evaluation, to find out what Fofer's thought what it mite be worth. Then I could use that as a base price if anybody wanted one or even do a personal commission, obvoiusly Fulham fans would be my target audiance so who better to ask.
But I suppose nobody put in a valuation for the same reason's i didnt (I didnt want to put in something daft either way).
If anyone wants to give me a figure you could stick it in my personal message box. I promise not to make it public or comment on it.

Some interesting other ideas as well. I do find it hard to 'pimp my wares' on other people so I'l have to think about that one.
I dont mind if any Fofer likes to copy and turn it into a picture (its nice to know that my 'stuff' is out there in one shape or another)
But I mite get miffed if you started selling them.

anyways thanks again.

epsomraver

Quote from: VB on February 09, 2011, 04:10:19 PM

[/b]
If you start selling could you not be done for copyright infringment as the photos in the book are covered by the books copyright, I am not a lawyer but just a thought before you go public.+

White Noise

Design Fulham's Twitter Page

Friday 11th February 2011

Design a Twitter background for Fulham FC

The Club is giving all Fulham fans a chance to design a new twitter background for the Club's official twitter page at http://www.twitter.com/fulhamfc| and if yours is chosen you'll get a home, away or third kit of your choice fully personalised!

Using the guide provided|, use your creative skill to come up with the best Fulham related twitter background you can for the Club.  To help you along we've put together some of the best high-res images from this season as well as providing fans with our logos; so get downloading| and designing today!

All entries should be emailed to [email protected]| by Friday 18th February at 5pm and we'll notify the winner by Friday 25th February.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/February/TwitterBackground.aspx#ixzz1DejWbGN2

VB

If you start selling could you not be done for copyright infringment as the photos in the book are covered by the books copyright, I am not a lawyer but just a thought before you go public.+

I suppose that could become a issue (everyone wants there two pennys)
I had a look WhiteNoise, it looks more like what you do then what I do, but I sent it in none the less
cheers

epsomraver

Quote from: VB on February 11, 2011, 02:05:59 PM

I suppose that could become a issue (everyone wants there two pennys)
I had a look WhiteNoise, it looks more like what you do then what I do, but I sent it in none the less
cheers
That is why before you go public, why don't you do some copies/prints for members on this forum for a donation of say £30 signed by you, 10 would net you £300