News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What age was your kid when you took him/her to 1st game ??

Started by stevehawkinslidingtackle, February 10, 2011, 03:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevehawkinslidingtackle

I live in Thailand, but have still watched at least 2 games a season for the last 8yrs or so, when I come back to the UK. This is the first Season I've not been able to return home, because my wife is expecting our first son in a few weeks.
I've already had all sorts of Fulham kiddies stuff delivered here, including, of course, his first kit. What I cant wait to do however, is take him to his first game when I'm back home next.

So if you have taken yours or a friends kid to a game, how old were they ? And how did they react ?

Cheers.

finnster01

My daughter was 9, I took her there just for a test drive. Then she got really in to it. At 10 she got her first ST. At 12 I divorced her mother and the Cottage and Fulham at home became my visitation rights. Weekend dad is not fun, so going to the Cottage was perfect. We arranged everything around the Fulham schedule.  And then I took her with me last season to Lithuania for the Vetra game away and had the best time ever.

It was so good that the b*tch of her mother refused me to bring her to Hamburg and the final because my daughter never stopped talking about it... That hurt me more than anything. Watching the game in Hamburg without her was hard. My daughter wanted to go, but mum said no and there was nothing I could do about it.

Equality between the sexes? My arse  :035:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

jarv

Living in USA, not too easy to get to games but I was able to take my lad (about 10) to see USA smash England 2-0 at Foxboro. Good time had by all, unless of course you are English. I wore my Scotland shirt to the match so suffered a bit of banter from English lads there.

It gets worse, on a trip home to UK, Fulham played away. He was 14 I think. I took him to Upton park, sorry, v. Villa. However, it was a superb game and he became a west ham supporter for a while. UNTIL, a couple of years later we made a trip to the cottage. He was sold! Post university in America, he moved to London, (Wimbledon) played non-league and became a solid Fulham supporter.

happy ending! : :wine:

TheDaddy

My three boys all went as babies still in there nappies and wrapped up in blankets . It was easy arms ached passed to grandad arms ached passed to uncle arms ached passed to great uncle arms ached passed to nephew and so on.

Had a few fans in stiches when i took one of my sons i think it was Barnet or Mansfield every time we scored he would scream his head off i told him "dont worry son it wont happen again" and i think we scored another 3  or 4 more that day.Totally unexpected as we were in the days of decline...88/89 season i think..
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

BalDrick

My boy's 7, 8 in July. He's starting to ask quite a lot but I can't drive for another few months (medical, I'm not that much of a twit).
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Nice one. I remember I was about 7,  ( '79 ) when my dad took me, but my son could be going with me as young as 2. So he'll Probably be more interested in Billy than the players. It was great to see my Thai wifes face last season at home to Sunderland, now I cant wait for the next inauguration to begin.

TonyGilroy

I took each of my 3 daughters when they were around 5 or 6. Two hated it but one loved it and came regularly with me until Uni made a ST uneconomic.

I think they'll either get the bug or not and taking them really young does no harm. At worst it ruins one match for you and if that happens don't take them again unless they ask.

leonffc

I took my lad to Arsenal v Portsmouth (Mrs family all gooners with S/Ts and its closer) for his 4th Birthday.
He liked it so I took him down to the Cottage for the last game of that season vs Middlesboro when McClaren was leaving. He was so looking forward to it but woke up really ill. I told him we could come another time but he was determined to get there. Slept all the way on the train and fell asleep half way through the 2nd half. We heard the cheer when the penalty went in as I was carrying him accross Bishops Park!!

We gave him the choice of Arsenal or Fulham after that and he chose Fulham.

sid far i

My eldest son was 7 before he was interested enough to want to go , but my daughter was 5 and my 2 other sons (twins) were also 5 when they first went, i can't remember my daughters first game but the twins first game was against Cardiff in the league cup in '98, Lehmann scored a cracker that evening.They all still follow Fulham to some degree dependent on work, college etc. My daughter gave birth to our first grandson in August last year so i'm trying to keep the Fulham line going before his dad drags him off to watch Arsenal!

Fulham75

took my first daughter to Fulham v Everton for her second birthday , two years ago , unfortunately we lost , and the latest arrival came this season for the Man Utd home draw aged just 4 months , as for me it was early seventies , but unfortunately i cant remember who against , the first game i can remember vaguely was the 2-1 cup victory at Goodison Park aged 8 years old , i recieved a whack and had my scarf and hat knicked , nothing changes in Liverpool   

Burt

I took my son to see us beat Cheltenham in the FA Cup, when we played at QPR. That was in 2004, so he would have been 6 years old.

My daughter's first game was also an FA Cup match, when we beat Stoke 3-0. That was in 2007, so she would also have been 6.

I was taken to my first ever game v. Blackburn, in the old 2nd division, when I was 6.

There seems to be something about 6 years old and Fulham in our family!!

duffbeer

Flew from across the pond with our boys to see Fulham - Sunderland when they were 11 and 8.  They loved it, their favorite part of the trip. 

Matt

I was twelve when my dad took me to watch Spurs at the Cottage. I believe he failed to deliver his message somehow since he is a Spurs supporter...
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!