watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rich List...

Started by Gozorich, February 10, 2011, 12:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gozorich

Having just glanced at the Deloitte Football Money League (Rich List to you and me) I was surprised to find;

2009/10 season

Clubs' Revenue

Fulham  €94.2m   30th in Europe      9th in EPL

Broadcast Revenue

Fulham  €62.0m   20th in Europe      8th in EPL

Two things come to mind immediately;

•   Participation in the Europa League is worth more than I thought

•   We are a bigger club than we are told we are!!

Perhaps someone with more financial acumen than I could provide better analysis.

Tktd

What you neglect to mention is that we're just  a well run club. You look at our results and our performance on the field and realise that this is all the case whilst being an effectively and well run club.

Yes we have a lot of debts but the vast majoity are interest free from our chairman therefore can be wiped out and we have a structure in place which pays him back (e.g. the Europa League went some way to helping pay him back).

We maintain a modest wage structure at the same time working within our budget and sell out the stadium in most matches and progress into final stages of the FA cup on a regular basis whilst maintaining an attractive style of play for fans and players alike along with a family atmosphere and a grounded approach to an increasingly money-orientated league.

We're a rough diamond, left in its natural state and growing naturally and thriving because of it.

Gozorich

QuoteWhat you neglect to mention is that we're just  a well run club. You look at our results and our performance on the field and realise that this is all the case whilst being an effectively and well run club.

A tad harsh. I was just reporting what I saw.

White Noise

Thanks for that Gozorich.

This is the link -

http://www.deloitte.com/assets/Dcom-UnitedKingdom/Local%20Assets/Documents/Industries/Sports%20Business%20Group/UK_SBG_DFML2011.pdf

I think we made over £10 million from The Europa League and it will be interesting to see how much our revenue drops down this season. We have put on 2 or 3 thousand more ST's this season but our wage bill hgas probably gone up with the arrival of Sparky, his backroom crew and his signings.

It is intriguing to see how much revenues just keep on climbing and that must be almost entirely down to the SKY tv deal increasing again.

finnster01

If those numbers are correct 2/3rd's of our revenue comes from broadcasting which means fans continue to mean poo and not being in Europe would mean a 10% drop in revenue everything else being equal.

We better keep our temper and make sure we make Europe again through the Fair Play table.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

RidgeRider

Quote from: Gozorich on February 10, 2011, 02:33:21 PM
QuoteWhat you neglect to mention is that we're just  a well run club. You look at our results and our performance on the field and realise that this is all the case whilst being an effectively and well run club.

A tad harsh. I was just reporting what I saw.

Gozorich, pay no attention to Tktd's approach. He is a bit rough around the edges when it comes to posting. His style is not always in keeping with what we expect on this board but I don't think he means anything by it.