watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stanislav Manolev

Started by T.G., February 09, 2013, 06:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T.G.

This is the 2nd thread I'm starting about him but I'd really like to hear your oppinions, guys?

I tought he was very solid today. It's his first PL game so it's normal that he didn't rush too much in attack.. But in defense he was solid and kept Norwich wingers pretty quiet..

Also he did 2 fouls (one of them got him yellow) in the dying minutes that stopped really dangerous looking Norwich counters!

Pretty positive display for me, he seems hungry for football!

You toughts?

farfouille

I expected a bit more from him. He made 1-2 mistakes which Riether would not have made. And he's usually more dangerous when attacking.
But then of course, this is his first match not only for Fulham but also for PL, like you mentioned.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

farfouille

By the way, Manolev was given 3.5 stars by goal.com:

http://www.goal.com/en-us/match/81093/norwich-city-vs-fulham/player-ratings

No one got more than that in this match.  :048:
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

TommyBarrs

i thought for a first game in the premiership away from home, he done a pretty good job.

Fulham_Surrey

I thought he played well.  He is certainly better than Riise so perhaps when Reither comes back, Jol should try Manolev at LB.

epsomraver

Yes good idea to play a right back at left, we have enough problems already

TommyBarrs

Quote from: Fulham_Surrey on February 09, 2013, 06:34:49 PM
I thought he played well.  He is certainly better than Riise so perhaps when Reither comes back, Jol should try Manolev at LB.
I thought Riise had a good game

Rudolph

Quote from: epsomraver on February 09, 2013, 06:36:06 PM
Yes good idea to play a right back at left, we have enough problems already

Not such an odd thing to do, Liverpool have played Glen Johnson at left back and he's done OK for them. 

Apprentice to the Maestro

Looked solid. Much better than the miserable posters led us to believe when he first signed. A good start.

Rudolph

I didn't get a chance to watch the game today, but will watch our extended highlights on Sky later, if only to see how the lad did.  I agree with ATTM, the doom and gloom merchants weren't thrilled, so it's good to see him get off to a clean sheet.

Enter the Frei

Impressed me today when I was worried about him, hope he keeps playing well and can maybe push Riether for that right back spot. Hopefully a bit of competition will make Riether play even better ;)

The Rock

His yellow was a very necessary one to take in the 86th minute and a highlight to securing out draw I thought. Not bad.

bigalffc

he did ok but lacked getting balls into the box. i hope we sign reither
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Walsh

he will be an okay back up.

elgreenio

Done reasonably, switched off a few times early on but it's hard coming in for a right back who has been immense and praised by many in the week
touch my camera through the fence

IranianCottager

He did fine, but let's be honest, it really doesn't matter because the bottom line is that Riether has been Fulham's best player and Manolev has little to no chance of benching him.

Bassey the warrior

I felt he did fine. Especially given this was his first start. No worse than Kelly ever was. Made a few key clearances in our own box and closed down Becchio well to stop him getting a header on target.

Snibbo

Apparently didn't even know he was going to play until mid- morning and a hasty taxi ride from London.  So in the circumstances sounds like he did remarkably well. That's why you need squad players. They can't all be stars, but just need to be solid.

bizarrebaz

Not forgetting that Reither can also play midfield rather well. So there may be times when both could play

T.G.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2013/02/taxi-for-manolev-how-a-cab-ride-led-to-defenders-fulham-debut/

^ this.

And also don't forget Manolev can also play in Midfield.. I hope we'll be seing a lot of him and I hope he keeps it up!  :54: