News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stay up or relegation!!! Just make sure we sign Lewis Holtby!!!

Started by Luffy86, April 05, 2014, 08:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luffy86

Basically!!, we can mould a team around this guy!!
Feel like he has a big connection with the club already!!, I don't care what happens between now and the start of next season.... Just make sure this boy is our centre pin!!
A £15m bid should be make the deal doable, make him out highest earner on a long contract, and then we make out mark!!
Murphy no.2!!
His passion is unquestionable!!
One Lewis Holtby, There's only one Lewis Holtby!!
Great win and effort from the boys today, new lease of optimism!!

COYW!!!

ChesterTheTabby

He will never play in the Championship, at age 24 he is aspiring to the international scene. We stay up, and he will want to join I think, and I think we will pull out all the stops.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Luffy86

premFlem

Quote from: maoconnor on April 05, 2014, 09:03:38 PM
He will never play in the Championship, at age 24 he is aspiring to the international scene. We stay up, and he will want to join I think, and I think we will pull out all the stops.
He would run riot in championship, pay the guy and spurs the right money build the team around him we get promotion and shad gets his money back tenfold ...why risk the tv money?
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Black, White and Fred

Would love him in a Fulham shirt for life but cant see it happening. Stand up bloke.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

EJL

premFlem

Quote from: EJL  tolink=topic=38322.msg516846#msg516846 date=1396733872
No chance.
If we get relegated and fail  to bounce back first season lose 70 mill (per season).......risky.
Only premier Quality players willl win promotion if needed.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Count Berbatov

If Mitro is worth 12m, how about offer 24 for this guy. Levy likes £$£. He'll sell anything and anyone for profit

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

TonyGilroy

Quote from: HatterDon on April 05, 2014, 10:56:30 PM

IT'S NOT HIS CHOICE

Of course it's his choice. If he wants to stay and we pay the price he signs permanently.

I can't imagine that happening if we're relegated.

leonffc

If we stay up I think there's a chance if signing him if Spurs make it clear he has no future but it depends who else wants him.
Apparently a few clubs were in for him with us but were scared off by his wages. That could hinder a permanent deal but it shouldn't!!

HatterDon

Quote from: TonyGilroy on April 06, 2014, 08:12:22 AM

IT'S NOT HIS CHOICE

Of course it's his choice. If he wants to stay and we pay the price he signs permanently.

Really? He loaned himself? And, this summer he can transfer himself? And all this time I thought he was contractually obligated to Tottenham. Silly me.

Pluto

Absolutely zero chance of keeping him if we go down. He wants to get back in the Germany squad and realistically has the ability to play for a Champions League side. It's some kind of fluke/gift from the gods that we have him for the rest of the season. The suggestion that we could keep in him is unlikely if we stay up, but frankly laughable if we're relegated to the Championship.

King_Crud

TonyGilroy

Quote from: HatterDon on April 07, 2014, 03:28:23 AM

IT'S NOT HIS CHOICE

Really? He loaned himself? And, this summer he can transfer himself? And all this time I thought he was contractually obligated to Tottenham. Silly me.

Bizarre argument.

If Tottenham wanted him they wouldn't have loaned him out.

They may change their mind or name a price we won't pay but the first thing needed is for Holtby to want to join us permanently.

That's the case with every transfer. The players may not get the move they want but they don't go anywhere unless they want to.

I know things were done differently in the good old USA but that was anti bellum and was special treatment for only a part of the population.

MrProphet

Quote from: King_Crud on April 07, 2014, 06:32:58 AM
i thought Schalke wanted him back?

I could see him going back to Germany lots of talk of him going to Dortmund but can't see that happening as he's a schalke boy and those two absolutely hate each other

If whoever is in charge at spuds next year doesn't fancy keeping him then they are an idiot.would love the guy to stay but he is champions league quality and deserves to play for a top top team

Danitar

I actually think if we do stay up the khan will spend the cash as he doesn't want another season like this. So why not go for holtby

Craven Mad

I cannot understand why he isn't liked by Spurs fans. Holtby seems like one of the nicest blokes on the pitch, puts in a shift every game, and seems to seriously care about how the team do (not just himself). He's up there with Vincenzo Montella at the top of my 'favourite loan signings' list.

If we stay up, I would be delighted to see him stay. However, if he wants to go elsewhere I wouldn't hold it against him either.

HatterDon

Quote from: TonyGilroy on April 07, 2014, 07:37:31 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on April 07, 2014, 03:28:23 AM

IT'S NOT HIS CHOICE

Bizarre argument.

If Tottenham wanted him they wouldn't have loaned him out.

They may change their mind or name a price we won't pay but the first thing needed is for Holtby to want to join us permanently.

That's the case with every transfer. The players may not get the move they want but they don't go anywhere unless they want to.

I know things were done differently in the good old USA but that was anti bellum and was special treatment for only a part of the population.

Tottenham didn't loan him with an option to buy. They loaned him as a favor to him so as to get more pitch time in hopes of making the Germany squad. There was never any indication that he was not in their long term plans.

Just like every other player under contract, the decision about the future of the player starts and ends with the club that holds the contract. This is pretty much the same all over the world.  What the player wants may have an impact on the decision, but the club who holds the contract must be willing to transfer and there must be a club willing to sign. The player can turn down a transfer but he cannot effect one.

I thought someone who followed football as you do might understand that, and I also thought you were in the legal profession.

Oh, by the way, many in the USA are philosophically predisposed against war, but I think you really meant "ante bellum." 

The Doctor

Seem to remember a vague rumour knocking around when we got him on loan that Spurs would be prepared to listen to offers about £8m.  If true, his availability would depend on how much we're prepared to spend.

Entirely plausible to my mind, given Spurs usual midfielder churn