Main Menu

Hangeland to Crystal Palace - OFFICIAL.

Started by shnlwswlkr, August 01, 2014, 01:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shnlwswlkr

Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Slaphead in Qatar

jarv

Good luck to him. He was a loyal player, good in the Roy years but poor last season. Not sure how he will do in another poor team. It will be interesting to see.

Bradstow

Bet he thought they would be lining up to sign him! One year contract at Palace! You will actually have to break sweat this season to not end up retiring in 2015, Brede!
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

God The Mechanic

Hope he does rediscover his form as I have nothing against Palace, but I certainly don't have high expectations.

rusty shackleford

Andy S

Good Luck Brede. At least you have one more year in the Prem

Admin

Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 01, 2014, 02:02:30 PM
A lot of bitter people about

Not really, most generally feel that he's past his best, same as me. I feel he will struggle in a Pulis type set-up, as he'll expect Brede' to play a physical type game, which we know is behind Brede' now due to his back issues. Either way, I'm not bitter, I wish him all the best, but the Championship or a league back in Norway would have been a better move. Hope I'm proved wrong..  

FulhamStu

In fairness, this shows how far he has fallen.  Palace are Premier League, so will have money, but they are not set up as well as Fulham, (training facilities, rich owner, etc) wonder what salary he has agreed too... bet your bottom dollar it is a lot less than he was on at FFC.   Good luck Brede, but hope you get relegated.

Nero

Quote from: Admin on August 01, 2014, 02:10:30 PM

Not really, most generally feel that he's past his best, same as me. I feel he will struggle in a Pulis type set-up, as he'll expect Brede' to play a physical type game, which we know is behind Brede' now due to his back issues. Either way, I'm not bitter, I wish him all the best, but the Championship or a league back in Norway would have been a better move. Hope I'm proved wrong..  

yes but not as handsomely rewarded

Admin

Quote from: Nero on August 01, 2014, 02:13:36 PM

yes but not as handsomely rewarded

Staying in London was the main factor for Brede', his daughter is currently schooling there. Oh, and obviously being rewarded handsomely for doing so..

RidgeRider

Good for Brede. He deserves better from us in his departure. His form dropped due to injuries, but that is no reason to slag him off. He was a model player in many ways and chose to stay with Fulham even when there was interest from other clubs. He was loyal to the club and even in the end, I could hardly blame him for his comments given how circus-like the club managed the last two seasons, which ended up us landing in the Championship.

He will always be one of my favorite players at Fulham.

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Good luck there Brede, I'm quite happy you didn't end up at Qpr like many others.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

Barry White

Players just never learn really do they! He'll struggle again this year in the prem as his powers have faded now.

Should have spent another year with Fulham in the championship where I think he would have re-discovered form and then left as the legend he was.

but not much ill feeling to him or palace so hopefully it doesn't go too badly for them!

HatterDon

Quote from: RidgeRider on August 01, 2014, 02:33:45 PM
Good for Brede. He deserves better from us in his departure. His form dropped due to injuries, but that is no reason to slag him off. He was a model player in many ways and chose to stay with Fulham even when there was interest from other clubs. He was loyal to the club and even in the end, I could hardly blame him for his comments given how circus-like the club managed the last two seasons, which ended up us landing in the Championship.

We do love to piss on our dead, don't we?

There were two seasons there where I would not have traded Hangeland and Hughes for any CB pairing in the Premier League. I can't think of any other persons or seasons where I thought we had the best personnel.

Hope you get relegated? Really?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Nero

Quote from: RidgeRider on August 01, 2014, 02:33:45 PM

I do get fed up of people saying he was loyal and stayed with us even though there was interest, interest is one thing a firm bid/offer is another. I work with a usless idiot he hates his job he goes for interviews (they show an interest) they speak to him and they invite him for an interview (Scout) thing is he not all that so they dont make a job offer(bid). Now does that make him loyal to his current employers or not good enough for another for the other companies. Im not calling Brede usless but the lad i work with most defiantley is

littlepowell

Just watch CP play the Richmond,Va Kickers. Although CP won 3-0 their defense was pretty dreadful. Had there been any quality up front for Richmond they would had score 3 goals. CP needs all the help it can get.

DevonFFC

hovewhite

PocketSwan

I really can't see how he will struggle in their team any more than Fulhams. Palace actually know how to defend, and they defend as a team. That is how they are set up to play. Pulis made Damien Delaney actually look like a good defender last year... DAMIEN DELANEY.