watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

REVEALED: WHY STEVE CLARKE DEAL WITH FULHAM COLLAPSED AT ELEVENTH HOUR

Started by Friendsoffulham, November 22, 2015, 12:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

For the past week or so I have been critical of the manner in which this manager search seemed to be going and was putting a lot of blame on our Mr Rigg.

In view of the above it is now  clear that in pulling out of these deals Riggs acted professionaly and did the best thing for the club. No way must we be seen to be ripped off by these characters who put money well above other qualities and are really trying to rip us off.

Respecct for Riggs should now be on the increase, lets hope he can come up with something good next week.

Neil D

Quote from: Bill2 on November 22, 2015, 04:45:19 PM
If this is correct Pearson will struggle to get a club at all if he wants his old Leicester team with him, not sure they will want to leave a club at the top of the Premiership.

He could be a long time unemployed.
Indeed.  He needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: bog on November 22, 2015, 01:23:12 PM
If this is true then well done Khan.  065.gif

092.gif

Absolutely. Clarke looks an idiot.accepted the offeramd remains at Reading based on what his agent demanded rather than what he claimed on Friday. Haha.

Woodlawn

Listening to the CEO of Reading on Friday, I don't think Clarke will be there long.
  he is on borrowed time. a few bad results and gone

Bedford White

Agreed Pearson will struggle to get another position if he doesn't reconsider his back room staff demands, I guess it's an option that's financially unavailable to us, given FFP etc. That said, perhaps a compromise could be negotiated where, if we gain promotion under Pearson we could agree to then bring his support staff in? Maybe I'm a little naive but that could work....maybe....

WhiteJC

Quote from: Bedford White on November 22, 2015, 06:22:19 PM
Agreed Pearson will struggle to get another position if he doesn't reconsider his back room staff demands, I guess it's an option that's financially unavailable to us, given FFP etc. That said, perhaps a compromise could be negotiated where, if we gain promotion under Pearson we could agree to then bring his support staff in? Maybe I'm a little naive but that could work....maybe....

if we got promoted without the back room staff, why would we need them?

copthornemike

Now that Leicester are actually top of the Premiership why would Pearson's 'Batman and Robin' even consider going elsewhere at the moment?
I can understand why Pearson wants to bring in his own men but he is unrealistic expecting them to join them, even if he received an offer from a struggling Premiership club at this time.
Now is exactly the right time to approach Pearson again. There are probably better coaches out there, hence I can undestand why he wants his dynamic duo, but after the last two matches it has made me think that it is motivation, even a 'kick up the backside at the right time' manager we need and it appears to me that Pearson is such a man.
Now a proposition that if he were to get us back into the Premiership the club would trust him to add to his background team (and it something that would be required in addition to an upgrade of the playing staff) must surely be something that would be worth trying?

J

Quote from: copthornemike on November 22, 2015, 07:57:19 PM
Now that Leicester are actually top of the Premiership why would Pearson's 'Batman and Robin' even consider going elsewhere at the moment?
I can understand why Pearson wants to bring in his own men but he is unrealistic expecting them to join them, even if he received an offer from a struggling Premiership club at this time.
Now is exactly the right time to approach Pearson again. There are probably better coaches out there, hence I can undestand why he wants his dynamic duo, but after the last two matches it has made me think that it is motivation, even a 'kick up the backside at the right time' manager we need and it appears to me that Pearson is such a man.
Now a proposition that if he were to get us back into the Premiership the club would trust him to add to his background team (and it something that would be required in addition to an upgrade of the playing staff) must surely be something that would be worth trying?

At this moment in time the assistants wouldn't leave, but Pearson might not be in a rush?! Assuming Leicester drop back down the table to finish somewhere relatively middle, and he gets a premier league job for someone else then their budget will be much more able to swallow the costs of getting them.

This obviously would not be helpful for us but could well be in Pearson's thinking.

MJG

Pearson has always had those two with him.
When you sign Pearson you get those two,  without them is he the right man to chase?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: MJG on November 22, 2015, 08:10:46 PM
When you sign Pearson you get those two,  without them is he the right man to chase?

I doubt it - and Pearson no doubt knows that.
Nogood "not a deal that's going to happen for us this one, isit" Boyo

Ichabod Magoo

I suspect Clarke will be looking to fill an opening in League 1 or 2 in the near future.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

F(f)CUK

I spoke to a Leicester City supporting mate last night. He couldn't believe that the two back room staff members would leave Leicester and said that their current success could be put in the hands of these two more than Ranieri. He said that he would rather have Walsh than Pearson any day.

alexmur

Quote from: MJG on November 22, 2015, 08:10:46 PM

thats what I was thinking do we want him without those 2

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

mikestrand

Quote from: copthornemike on November 22, 2015, 07:57:19 PM
Surely Riggs and Pearson could get two new up and coming coaches on board? maybe I'm being naive.

grandad

Why not just get Pearson´s coaches & forget Pearson. Would probably work out the same money.
Where there's a will there's a wife

filham

Quote from: Neil D on November 22, 2015, 01:28:04 PM
Quote from: filham on November 22, 2015, 01:24:01 PM

WE have to spot talent in a lower division, Jimmy Floyed Hasslebank or go for an ex player, Danny Murphy.
JFH is QPR-bound according to C5 last night...
[/quote

The possible candidates are slipping away out of our grasp, I wonder if there is anyone left on last week's short list.

westcliff white

i was happy with the Clarke link and subsequent discussions with him, ut am glad now we didnt if that is the attitude and driving factor for him.
Every day is a Fulham day

Oakeshott

Realistically we only have a very outside chance of promotion this year, whoever we get in, and no chance of being relegated (unless we re-appointed Magath!). So we could afford to take a chance on someone IF they were prepared to take the job on a contract just to the end of the season (with, of course, the expectation of a longer contract if they proved successful).

Difficult to imagine being able to tempt someone like JFH on this basis, ie someone in work and presumably on a decent contract. But Danny Murphy or Lee Clark might very well be interested on that basis and I'd be happy with either (but especially Danny).

westcliff white

Danny Muprhy would be taking a risk a she has no coaching experience at all, we had that with Kit for one and secondly he has burnt his bridges with the current regime apparently.

Lee Clark who I love as an ex player has had very little success in coaching and for me is not the one to go for.

We need to get an experienced head in with a younger man who can be groomed to take us on further.
Every day is a Fulham day

jarv

Looks like Fulham dodged not one but two bullets....Clarke has a lot of egg on his face now and should find a new agent.