watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

BREXIT impact on Fulham

Started by Snibbo, June 24, 2016, 06:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Despite wanting to leave to scout new players and get a better deal. The manager is stuck inside his office. He doesn't know how to leave.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cmg

Quote from: Forever Fulham on June 26, 2016, 09:57:52 AM
I think post-break up changes to rules affecting football .......... for the betterment of the game, and the appreciation of the fans who want to see a superior product on the pitch. 

Thanks for your interesting and informative article. When we are eventually outside the EU, there seems to be no reason why Parliament would not be able to pass whatever restrictive or protectionist legislation it wished, allowing, for instance Brazilians but not EU citizens. As you  say there seems no reason why it would wish to do so.

Thanks, too, for the extension to my vocabulary. Never come across 'fungible' before. Got me thinking about fungible footballers. Perhaps Shilton and Clemence for a period in the 70s/80s and Gianni Rivera and Sandro Mazzola for Valcareggi's Italy. On a somewhat less exalted level we appear to have had a bunch of fungible centre backs last season.

Forever Fulham

Quote from: cmg on June 26, 2016, 11:44:55 AM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on June 26, 2016, 09:57:52 AM
I think post-break up changes to rules affecting football .......... for the betterment of the game, and the appreciation of the fans who want to see a superior product on the pitch. 

Thanks for your interesting and informative article. When we are eventually outside the EU, there seems to be no reason why Parliament would not be able to pass whatever restrictive or protectionist legislation it wished, allowing, for instance Brazilians but not EU citizens. As you  say there seems no reason why it would wish to do so.

Thanks, too, for the extension to my vocabulary. Never come across 'fungible' before. Got me thinking about fungible footballers. Perhaps Shilton and Clemence for a period in the 70s/80s and Gianni Rivera and Sandro Mazzola for Valcareggi's Italy. On a somewhat less exalted level we appear to have had a bunch of fungible centre backs last season.
Fungibly bad anyway!   :005:

Twig

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 25, 2016, 12:07:14 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on June 25, 2016, 12:04:26 PM
Anyone would think the UK lived in total isolation pre-1973.  The truth is the reverse, with Britain being a pretty cosmopolitan place throughout the sixties.  The greatest threat to Fulham, where I was born and bred, was the influx of gentrification once Kensington and Chelsea was full.  Crossing the Thames to Battersea, Wandsworth, Putney, Clapham etc was the answer.  We are often asked to focus on immigrants but the reality is simply one of who has the money and therefore the clout.  Only people of my age group know what Fulham was like just after the end of WW2.  I once had a girlfriend who lived in a basement flat opposite Stamford Bridge which had no bathroom or inside loo.  Her parents were eventually harassed into departing for accommodation in the much poorer Wandsworth. Football was truly working class but there was still trading for foreign players and coaching staff etc but obviously not on the scale there is today.  Money spoke just as loudly as it does today and that is why Johnny Haynes is rightfully held in such high regard by Fulham Football Club, not just as a truly gifted player.

Leaving the EU may be the start of something very new for Europe but I am not over worried about how it will pan out.  It could just mark the renaissance of decency, something Johnny Haynes taught everyone who watched him play.   It may be a very enlightening decade coming up, and people may be admiring the leave voters before too much water has travelled under the bridge.

I agree with your sentiments.

Well I totally disagree.