watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Martin's deal

Started by BedsFFC, October 19, 2016, 11:32:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

With Wilson going back to Man U and Steve "hair Island"* McClaren's history with him, does anyone know id derby can recall him?

* For those who don't recognise the reference, can I recommend the "Atletico Mince" podcast. A specific type of silly humour with a football twist that does (for me) have some laugh out loud moments.

westcliff white

He can only be recalled if we agreed to insert that clause in our season long loan deal when we did the deal.

As we have the right / option to buy him for a fee already agreed (can buy in either Jan or at end of loan i believe) then it would seem silly to have a clause like that in the laon deal.

But no one knows the true ins and outs of any permanent or loan deal other than the clubs involved and the player himself i guess
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

They can only recall him in the January transfer Window IF an agreement at the time of the deal was made to include a recall clause.

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on October 19, 2016, 11:34:30 AM
He can only be recalled if we agreed to insert that clause in our season long loan deal when we did the deal.

As we have the right / option to buy him for a fee already agreed (can buy in either Jan or at end of loan i believe) then it would seem silly to have a clause like that in the laon deal.

But no one knows the true ins and outs of any permanent or loan deal other than the clubs involved and the player himself i guess
Where have you seen that we have an option. It wasn't reported on the offal, and they normally do if we did have one
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on October 19, 2016, 02:48:19 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on October 19, 2016, 11:34:30 AM

Where have you seen that we have an option. It wasn't reported on the offal, and they normally do if we did have one
http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-sign-derby-striker-loan-11826975

fulhamben

Strange that the offal haven't reported this.

toshes mate

Just a refresher for me.  Is this the same Chris Martin a lot of people on here were sending back to Derby before the International break or a close relation to?

Personally I hope Fulham persevere with this whole squad since we are beginning to show signs of excellent team work which should take us up the table and that is down to efforts in training as well as in actual games.   We just need to stop giving the ball away cheaply anywhere on the pitch.

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on October 19, 2016, 03:12:35 PM
You know what I thinks its as simple as 'Quick its 10:58pm get something up on line about loaning Martin' and the actual detail was missed out.
Its widely accepted and reported next day that there is a deal in place.

fulhamben

Quote from: toshes mate on October 19, 2016, 03:13:11 PM
Just a refresher for me.  Is this the same Chris Martin a lot of people on here were sending back to Derby before the International break or a close relation to?

Personally I hope Fulham persevere with this whole squad since we are beginning to show signs of excellent team work which should take us up the table and that is down to efforts in training as well as in actual games.   We just need to stop giving the ball away cheaply anywhere on the pitch.
still to early to proclaim Martin as a good purchase. He has certainly earned a starting spot (for now) but consistency is what is needed from here on in. With his slow start, it would take a miracle on his behalf to warrant an aditional 9 million purchase in January. Far too many variables to factor in. We don't even know what manager we will have next season as slavisas contract is up in about 8 months time. And not so sure we would sign him if we went up too.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on October 19, 2016, 03:19:25 PM
You know what I thinks its as simple as 'Quick its 10:58pm get something up on line about loaning Martin' and the actual detail was missed out.
not by us though. And we always stick something on there.

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on October 19, 2016, 03:24:08 PM
Quote from: MJG on October 19, 2016, 03:19:25 PM
not by us though. And we always stick something on there.
And thats why i gave you my explanation, it was also International week and he never turned up till a week later. I think its a honest mistake.

alfie

Quote from: fulhamben on October 19, 2016, 03:22:52 PM

still to early to proclaim Martin as a good purchase. He has certainly earned a starting spot (for now) but consistency is what is needed from here on in. With his slow start, it would take a miracle on his behalf to warrant an aditional 9 million purchase in January. Far too many variables to factor in. We don't even know what manager we will have next season as slavisas contract is up in about 8 months time. And not so sure we would sign him if we went up too.
I agree with you FB is a bit early to proclaim as a good purchase, but it is interesting how some can write off a player after just 1 appearance.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

fulhamben

Quote from: alfie on October 19, 2016, 05:17:21 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 19, 2016, 03:22:52 PM

I agree with you FB is a bit early to proclaim as a good purchase, but it is interesting how some can write off a player after just 1 appearance.

Yep most waited for at least 6 to have had enough.

cmg

With James Wilson's injury, Derby fans are apparently getting a bit twitchy about having Martin back.

Reassuringly (for us) the Derby Telegraph's take on the matter is:

"The only time Martin could be recalled is in the January transfer window.

For that to happen, it would need the agreement of all parties - that is both clubs, as well as the player.

Fulham have paid a significant loan fee for Martin, believed to be around £2.5m to £3m.

They also have an option to buy the player either in January or at the end of the season."

MJG

From website....

Jokanović was quick to extinguish any hopes they had of the striker returning to the iPro Stadium in 2016/17.

"He is going to stay with us this season, 100 per cent,"

Lighthouse

Apparently according to our manager we wanted to sign him permanently but we couldn't at the time. Only  if all three of the partys involved agree will Martin go back to Derby in January. It looks as if Fulham and Martin don't want that at the moment.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

Not only is this that same Chris Martin, it's the same Mr. Wilson that proved that our owner and management were fools in not signing on loan.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

fulhamben

The samearticle said he would only cost an extra 3,5 mil in january to sign on a perm

Fulham Tup North

Hopefully, if we can remain within a few points of the playoff spots, we will invest heavily in the January window to give us a final push. I know every other side will be thinking the same way, but sides like Huddersfield do not have that option! Today will be a good indicator as to how our season will be defined. IMO.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

HatterDon

Quote from: Statto on October 22, 2016, 10:37:29 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on October 22, 2016, 02:08:09 AM
Not only is this that same Chris Martin, it's the same Mr. Wilson that proved that our owner and management were fools in not signing on loan.

Our owner and management were fools for not signing a striker (or a couple of them) in time for the start of the season, then signing one that's off form and doesn't suit our system, causing us to drop at least 6 pts in september whilst he and the rest of the team adjusted their tactics and learned to play together, with the consequence that we'll now struggle even to make the play-offs.

It remains to be seen whether Martin goes on to justify a price tag that will make him our 5th/6th most expensive signing ever, and that's assuming he doesn't get injured or suspended, in which case we're done for.

And the Manchester Utd loanee Kline vetoed was widely reported to be Andreas Pereira (now playing in La Liga) not Wilson.

not widely reported on Friends of Fulham
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel