more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who have we got to replace McDonald

Started by The Swan, November 06, 2017, 08:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungsBitter

Quote from: MJG on November 08, 2017, 05:03:10 PM
How about Odoi and Kalas at back and Ream as the CDM? If needed he can then slip into the central position to make a back three.
Failing that it will certainly be Norwood, but I'd like to see Cisse given a chance.
I'm with you, Cisse would be my first call but Ream has played DM before. Anyone but Norwood please!
Quark, strangeness and charm

J.Perkins

Cisse is a disaster, and nowhere near ready.

Norwood is a defensive mid. Not got the physicality of McDonald, but will do much better playing the deeper role.

filham

Remember neither Cairney nor Johansen are fully fit and doubtful for a full 90 minutes so it is more than just possible that some stage in the match we will be without all three of our star midfielders. Three replacements will then be needed.

We may end up with Norewood, Odoi and Cisse on the pitch.

Woolly Mammoth

Switching players round from their normal positions to solve one problem, only creates another problem.
I would give it to Cisse as a one for one, cannot see it being a major problem. He is physical and can win a ball and let's an opponent know he is there, and we need more of that.
Anyway in a lot of cases, some players need opportunity and match time to ease their way in, rather than ten minutes here and twenty minutes there. Pick him with the intention of playing him 90 mins. Too much fannying around worrying about what might happen, rather than could happen.
It's not as though we are top of the League and other players have nailed down a position, because they have not, as 17th in the Division and 4 wins in 16 League matches has shown. That's a measly quarter, that's not only meadiocre but not acceptable. 
Some players worth to the team are over blown no matter what they do, and other players are not given enough credit, no matter what they do.,
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.