more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Porthogs FC

Quote from: Statto on August 15, 2017, 02:12:48 PM
Aluko is 29 this season, not the type of player who will be good past 30 and probably not going to be good/young enough if we go up. If we've been offered say £5m or more, and we've Ayite, Kebano, Piazon, Sessegnon and possibly Ojo all capable of playing on the wing, I can see the commercial reasons for letting him go. To be clear it wouldn't be my choice, I think his skill level is unrivalled at this level, but I could at least sympathise a bit.
I agree with letting Aluko go, only if we get Ojo, another CF, and another LB. Squad is far too skinny, however I wouldn't be shocked if we could get ~$8MM for Aluko, which is close to enough for another CF, a position we're desperate to fill. Even with Ak-47

@jolslover

Apparently we're after Jordan Graham.
Honestly we do not need another winger. Especially with Ojo coming in. If we sign 2 new wingers then surely Aluko is leaving
As for Graham he is decent, Good first touch, quick and a good dribbler off the ball. Only 21 so there is sell on value as well.
STH H3

Barrett487

Report: Fulham raise Rui Fonte bid to £8.2 million plus bonuses

Fulham have raised their offer for Braga forward Rui Fonte, according to A Bola.

The Cottagers are said to have had an offer of around £6.4 million rejected by the Portuguese side, but could fare better with their latest proposal, which is claimed to be £8.2 million plus bonuses.

Braga are reportedly seeking £9.1 million for their captain, who has scored two goals already this season, on top of the 15 he managed last term.

And according to A Bola, their asking price could be easily met if said bonuses are triggered.

Fonte is said to be keen on the move to Fulham, with his older brother Jose already on the books at West Ham United on the other side of London.

The 27-year-old has previously spent time at Arsenal and Crystal Palace, before spells at Sporting CP, Espanyol and Benfica.

With Fulham also claimed to be close to a deal to sign Liverpool's Sheyi Ojo on loan, Fonte's arrival would perhaps raise further questions about the future of Sone Aluko at Craven Cottage.

Aluko, who been linked with an £8 million move to Reading, posted a string of cryptic messages on Twitter on Monday.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/08/15/report-fulham-raise-rui-fonte-bid-to-82-million-plus-bonuses/

AlexW132

I still feel CB is more of a priority than anything else

Keynsham

£8 million for a player that cost us nothing a year ago, in an area where we have ample cover is crazy money.

westcliff white

Quote from: Barrett487 on August 15, 2017, 02:46:12 PM
Report: Fulham raise Rui Fonte bid to £8.2 million plus bonuses

Fulham have raised their offer for Braga forward Rui Fonte, according to A Bola.

The Cottagers are said to have had an offer of around £6.4 million rejected by the Portuguese side, but could fare better with their latest proposal, which is claimed to be £8.2 million plus bonuses.

Braga are reportedly seeking £9.1 million for their captain, who has scored two goals already this season, on top of the 15 he managed last term.

And according to A Bola, their asking price could be easily met if said bonuses are triggered.

Fonte is said to be keen on the move to Fulham, with his older brother Jose already on the books at West Ham United on the other side of London.

The 27-year-old has previously spent time at Arsenal and Crystal Palace, before spells at Sporting CP, Espanyol and Benfica.

With Fulham also claimed to be close to a deal to sign Liverpool's Sheyi Ojo on loan, Fonte's arrival would perhaps raise further questions about the future of Sone Aluko at Craven Cottage.

Aluko, who been linked with an £8 million move to Reading, posted a string of cryptic messages on Twitter on Monday.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/08/15/report-fulham-raise-rui-fonte-bid-to-82-million-plus-bonuses/
I have a feeling they have confused pound with euros
Every day is a Fulham day

Roberty

It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

river phoenix

Our old friend Cyriac signed for Sivasspor in Turkey.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Keynsham on August 15, 2017, 02:55:27 PM
£8 million for a player that cost us nothing a year ago, in an area where we have ample cover is crazy money.

I'd drive him anywhere for £8m, 29 next birthday. Decent player who gives us something different but flatters to deceive a little & it would be crazy to turn that down

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Barrett487 on August 13, 2017, 10:40:18 PM
And the Fonte story gathers speed....... or does it? Old story?

http://soccersouls.com/2017/08/14/who-is-this-9million-former-arsenal-forward-that-fulham-are-chasing-heres-everything-you-need-to-know/

Scout Report – Rui Fonte
Fulham are still chasing a striker and may well have given up on self-important Diego Rolan, quite rightly in my view. They have however been told to stump up £9million for Braga man Rui Fonte, who is the latest subject of their overtures and here is what we know about the Portuguese forward to date.

History
Born in Penafiel, Portugal, Fonte started his youth football career back in 1998 at Sacavenense before being picked up by Sporting Lisbon.

An impressive 7 years with the Portuguese giants brought him to the attention of English Premier League side Arsenal, where he landed in 2006, though he never managed a first team appearance. He was given 10 first team games by Crystal Palace though while on loan, without scoring a goal.

Having returned to Portugal with Sporting, he was sent out on loan once again, this time to Vitoria Setubal but once more, he did not score and failed to truly establish himself. He had more success in Spain with Espanyol's B team, netting 8 times in 22 games but he could not replicate that in their first team as he yet again drew a blank in an 11-game spell in 2010/11.

Two years spent at the Catalan club resulted in just one goal in the league before a free transfer back to Portugal beckoned, with Fonte signing for Benfica and joining up with their B team.

Although still a slow-burner, things are going much better now and Fonte finally planted his flag last term playing for Braga, scoring 14 goals in 31 domestic games for the club and seeing his transfer value suddenly sky rocket.

Style Of Play
Fonte is tall and rangy but does not always need to play in an out-and-out number nine position. He can play just as comfortably as a second striker but now that he has found his goal touch it would be no surprise to see him want to play as a centre-forward more often.

A decent finisher, Fonte has now matured and does not need so many chances to score a goal, though Fulham's open, attacking style would suit him down to the ground.

Fonte's Future
He is 27 now and doesn't have more than four or five years of top class football ahead of him, though he is one who can take advantage, now that he has finally matured into a rounded footballer. A big money move is surely there for him. If that move is to Fulham, he would probably jump at the chance to go.

I cant see why so much excitement for this guy tbh.
It looks as if he has failed to find the net prolifically on all occasions outside of Spain, (and some inside it).
He has also played a lot in B teams.

Why is the fee so astonishingly high?
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: MJG on August 15, 2017, 01:10:39 PM
Quote from: GloucesterWhite on August 15, 2017, 01:01:15 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on August 15, 2017, 12:32:20 PM
Our problem is not that we dont have cash to spend I believe. Its difficult to get the Quality of player that we want at this stage of the window. Getting Bodies in is not the answer ,we need players competing for starting places .
We do: having Sess and Cairney is like having a post-dated cheque - we can draw on it when we want. If we don't spend we will never end the season in the top 2. 4-6 is possible but that's a lottery. Spend now please Mr Khan and if we don't go up and we get a transfer ban because of FFP we can cash in on Tom and Sess (they would probably want to go anyway) and we have balanced the books. Wolves are splashing the cash and will be there or there abouts in May. It's the only way IMO.
Sorry but I have mention its not that simple.

Lets say we bust it this window. A ban and even worse (pts reduction, lots of options now for the lge)c ould come in this January. We would also be banned next summer.
Unless we were able to offload next summer (and clubs would know we have to sell so would not pay top price)  and then show league we not only have  a balanced budget for that year but also have not exceeded the 3 year £39M limit we could be banned again for Jan 2019.

To be within all required limits this time next year without any ban due in Jan 2019, we would basically need a low cost low wage team which would probably go down.

Anyway enjoy rest of your day on that downbeat answer.
Really? Tell that to QPR!

But with respect, it isn't quite that simple either. If we overspend and end up with a promotion chasing team but just miss out, does a ban the following summer really matter? We would still have the same team to try again the following year. Or if some leave, the books could be balanced. My point is I can't see us ever going up unless we break the unfair FFP rules, and this year is the one to go for it. Or get used to being a Championship team.

mkras99

Dimitri Kondonis (@dkondonis)
8/15/17, 10:22 AM
According to our colleagues in France, Fulham are keen on French centre-back William Remy from Montpellier twitter.com/YahooSportFR/s...

westcliff white

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on August 15, 2017, 03:32:48 PM
Our problem is not that we dont have cash to spend I believe. Its difficult to get the Quality of player that we want at this stage of the window. Getting Bodies in is not the answer ,we need players competing for starting places .
We do: having Sess and Cairney is like having a post-dated cheque - we can draw on it when we want. If we don't spend we will never end the season in the top 2. 4-6 is possible but that's a lottery. Spend now please Mr Khan and if we don't go up and we get a transfer ban because of FFP we can cash in on Tom and Sess (they would probably want to go anyway) and we have balanced the books. Wolves are splashing the cash and will be there or there abouts in May. It's the only way IMO.

Lets say we bust it this window. A ban and even worse (pts reduction, lots of options now for the lge)c ould come in this January. We would also be banned next summer.
Unless we were able to offload next summer (and clubs would know we have to sell so would not pay top price)  and then show league we not only have  a balanced budget for that year but also have not exceeded the 3 year £39M limit we could be banned again for Jan 2019.

To be within all required limits this time next year without any ban due in Jan 2019, we would basically need a low cost low wage team which would probably go down.

But with respect, it isn't quite that simple either. If we overspend and end up with a promotion chasing team but just miss out, does a ban the following summer really matter? We would still have the same team to try again the following year. Or if some leave, the books could be balanced. My point is I can't see us ever going up unless we break the unfair FFP rules, and this year is the one to go for it. Or get used to being a Championship team.
but if they dont leave you leave your self exoposed for every year as their wages are high and you have part of the fees over the years its not easy either way

Although I do not see how any FFP can be enforced in the EPL while QPR still dont settle theirs
Every day is a Fulham day

AlexW132

Quote from: mkras99 on August 15, 2017, 03:38:31 PM
Dimitri Kondonis (@dkondonis)
8/15/17, 10:22 AM
According to our colleagues in France, Fulham are keen on French centre-back William Remy from Montpellier twitter.com/YahooSportFR/s...
Swear we were linked with him in July

Keynsham

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on August 15, 2017, 03:27:31 PM

I'd drive him anywhere for £8m, 29 next birthday. Decent player who gives us something different but flatters to deceive a little & it would be crazy to turn that down

Same here!

Barrett487

On Talksport

Transfer news: Fulham eyeing deal for Montpellier defender William Remy

Fulham have set their sights on Montpellier defender William Remy.

The Championship club are looking to land a new centre-back this summer and reports in France have suggested that 26-year-old Remy is on their radar.

Montpellier have been reluctant to sell but may be about to change their stance.

They are to set to sign former Arsenal defender Johan Djourou on a free transfer and Remy can go for the right price.

That will come as good news for Fulham as they attempt to negotiate a transfer fee with the Ligue 1 side.

https://talksport.com/football/transfer-news-fulham-eyeing-deal-montpellier-defender-william-remy-170707245839

Barrett487

Quote from: Keynsham on August 15, 2017, 03:47:32 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on August 15, 2017, 03:27:31 PM

Same here!

Is it about the money? Shouldn't it be about the dynamics of the team? OK, so his attempts/goals ratio isn't great, but he epitomises the change we've seen in our style of play.

mkras99

http://www.maisfutebol.iol.pt/mercado/transferencias/sp-braga-rui-fonte-a-caminho-do-fulham?utm_campaign=auto-nt&utm_source=notifica&utm_medium=browser

Rui Fonte is on his way to Fulham, emblem of the Championship, the second tier of English football.

To what Maisfutebol has learned, the deal is not yet closed, but only details are missing so that the forward's return to England can be completed, for a sum of around nine million euros.

Except for any unforeseen events, Rui Fonte returns to a country where he has represented Arsenal and Crystal Palace. He will now return to live in London, but to play for Fulham, and will be next door to his brother, Jose Fonte, who earlier this year traded Southampton for West Ham.

Deeping_white

According to Sky, Ojo is currently having his medical.

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on August 15, 2017, 03:39:16 PM
Quote from: GloucesterWhite on August 15, 2017, 03:32:48 PM

but if they dont leave you leave your self exoposed for every year as their wages are high and you have part of the fees over the years its not easy either way

Although I do not see how any FFP can be enforced in the EPL while QPR still dont settle theirs
transfer bans have been enforced and it's the easiest way the Efl can do it and even while the QPR judgment is till going on.
Hand on heart I truly believe if we 'went for it' this season and failed, we would be in league one for the  2019-20 season, because of the amount of cost cutting we would need to do to get back to a team that has lost less than 39m over three year  period.
Of course we could struggle on and not sell the long term contracted players and hope it works in 18-19, but would they want to?

Edit... Ok maybe a bit over dramatic, but it wouldn't be good long term.
Just the views of a long term fan