more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fancy the New Den next year

Started by F(f)CUK, May 20, 2017, 04:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulhamfan666

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 20, 2017, 05:15:10 PM
Another London Derby, not far to travel compared to Blackburn, Rotherham, Wigan, it also guarantees a good attendance at home.
Agreed, our biggest attendance this season came against Brentford with 24,594.

SP

Great to see all their passionate fans this afternoon.  With an average home attendence under 9000, I wonder where they've been all season?

Riversider

Quote from: SP on May 20, 2017, 09:12:33 PM
Great to see all their passionate fans this afternoon.  With an average home attendence under 9000, I wonder where they've been all season?

And we would have sold 38,000 if we had got to Wembley , would you then be asking where they had been all season ?

SP

Quote from: Riversider on May 20, 2017, 09:22:15 PM

And we would have sold 38,000 if we had got to Wembley , would you then be asking where they had been all season ?

Funny you should say that, in the past I have questioned what happened to the 12,000 that travelled to Hamburg, so yes. OK?

Riversider

Quote from: SP on May 20, 2017, 09:25:52 PM
Quote from: Riversider on May 20, 2017, 09:22:15 PM

Funny you should say that, in the past I have questioned what happened to the 12,000 that travelled to Hamburg, so yes. OK?

12,000 !

Supermitch

My first ever Fulham away match was at The Den.  Back in 1972-73 season and the original Supermitch scored in the first minute.  We went on to win 3-1.  Went there 8 times and have been to the New Den 4 times including once with Staines Town in an FA Cup replay.   

Tonywa

Quote from: cmg on May 20, 2017, 05:28:02 PM
Coming back from the old Den one winter evening through those alleyways and railway tunnels after having beaten them 3-0 was one of the more interesting occasions of my football experience.
I was due to join the SAS the next week but gave up the idea as it would have been too tame.

I seem to remember leaving that game early as groups of Milwall thugs were coming off the terraces and making for the section where our supporters were housed and were throwing tin cans at us, just to get proceedings under way.

Wingnut

Have no issue with Millwall fans, personally. Prefer another London game over a trip to Bradford. We should take a good crowd there and we'll take six points off them.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Fulham76

Quote from: Buffalo76 on May 20, 2017, 05:01:59 PM
Went there once, vowed never to go back. Horrible place.

Last minute winners, (Symons), don't got down well at that sh** hole

hovewhite

Another close away game great.i have never had a problem with there fans.

HatterDon

In the late 60s/early 70s, I decided to visit every London ground in the football league. I missed a couple, but the ONLY time I was ever scared for 90 minutes in an English sports venue was at the Old Den. I swore I'd never go back, and I never did nor will I ever.

The only other time I ever felt afraid for more than a minute was at the Baseball Ground when my fellow Hatter supporters started chanting "Here We Go." I was on the periphery -- i.e. the border, and didn't want to be in the middle of teenaged idiots. Luckily, the older Luton supporters shut them up. And that only lasted about 5 minutes.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Whitesideup on May 20, 2017, 06:27:18 PM
And we will have to drink out of plastic glasses, even if we are in a Fulham only pub !!!

But we can still drink to swimming with bow legged women. 🍺
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: cmg on May 20, 2017, 06:45:19 PM
Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on May 20, 2017, 05:44:36 PM

Was that the game when we were 3-0 at half time and there was a fight at half time and a minor pitch invasion?

Tony Gale, who had just come into the side and was impressing everyone, scored early on and after that it was pretty much mayhem all the way.
Fortunately we ran into some Millwall fans with whom I had played football on the way back and we all ended up in a pub, then fairly new but now demolished along with the rest  of the Bonamy Estate, called the Apples and Pears. It had a similar ambiance to that of the Den but was more crowded, had more beer and many more girls - who were more dangerous than the blokes.

Yes The Apples and Pears, it was my local back in the Sixties. It became so rough, even the arms of the chairs had tattoos on them.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Tonywa

Quote from: hovewhite on May 21, 2017, 12:09:26 AM

How about having Dirk Lehmann assaulted on the pitch or was it Rufus Brevitt?

Plodder

Yet again (with the brave and honourable exception of Steve Morrison, the goal scorer, who condemned the pitch invasion unreservedly and said the actions of Millwall supporters had ruined the day), we have quotes from the Millwall manager Neil Harris and player Aiden O'Brien downplaying what happened at Wembley and offering either tacit or open support for the knuckle-draggers who have infested Millwall. You would expect them to say something along the lines of "we don't want these Neanderthals tainting our club, we are embarrassed and ashamed by their association with us, and we will do whatever we can to get rid of them".  Instead O'Brien says "They can run on the pitch in my eyes, they deserve to", while Harris's contribution included "The fans came on in good spirit".

ffcne

Quote from: Fulham76 on May 20, 2017, 10:34:09 PM
Quote from: Buffalo76 on May 20, 2017, 05:01:59 PM
Went there once, vowed never to go back. Horrible place.

Last minute winners, (Symons), don't got down well at that sh** hole
Remember that game Pesch had a blatant penalty not given.
A millwall fan ran on the pitch and started having a go at Rufus.
Last minute corner Symons scores .Kept behind for at least 30 mins for own safety.

ffcne

Quote from: Plodder on May 21, 2017, 02:36:08 PM
Yet again (with the brave and honourable exception of Steve Morrison, the goal scorer, who condemned the pitch invasion unreservedly and said the actions of Millwall supporters had ruined the day), we have quotes from the Millwall manager Neil Harris and player Aiden O'Brien downplaying what happened at Wembley and offering either tacit or open support for the knuckle-draggers who have infested Millwall. You would expect them to say something along the lines of "we don't want these Neanderthals tainting our club, we are embarrassed and ashamed by their association with us, and we will do whatever we can to get rid of them".  Instead O'Brien says "They can run on the pitch in my eyes, they deserve to", while Harris's contribution included "The fans came on in good spirit".
According to the 2 idiots on Talksport Alvin Martin and Cascarino just exuberance and it was the stewards fault for not stopping them.Scumbags,

ffcne

Quote from: Tonywa on May 21, 2017, 01:59:33 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on May 21, 2017, 12:09:26 AM

How about having Dirk Lehmann assaulted on the pitch or was it Rufus Brevitt?
Rufus

hovewhite

The new den nowhere as intimidating as the old den.
To be fair i did sign the petition to save the new den which was under threat because it should stay in the locality.

Jims Dentist

The trick seems to be to catch the last train out of London Bridge that you can to make the 3pm kick off.
We did this the season before last and there was more of our fans on the train, most had had a really good pre-match drink.