watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cauley makes the cut.

Started by cmg, June 05, 2017, 01:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

The final 23 for the UEFA u21 finals in Poland has been announced.
From an original group of 28, Cauley Woodrow is included in the final squad.
Well done, son.

Interesting that Izzy Brown and Pat Roberts were among those left out.

nose

Quote from: cmg on June 05, 2017, 01:05:19 PM
The final 23 for the UEFA u21 finals in Poland has been announced.
From an original group of 28, Cauley Woodrow is included in the final squad.
Well done, son.

Interesting that Izzy Brown and Pat Roberts were among those left out.

you never really know why certain players do not make the cut for these things. IMO Izzy brown is a good player but when I have actually seen him for extended periods, against us or on TV, I sometimes wonder if he flatters to decieve. roberts, well we all know how talented he is but maybe he isn't 100% fit.

westcliff white

Roberts poulled out injured apparently
Every day is a Fulham day

aaronmcguigan

3 including izzy and Roberts have pulled out injured.
Cauley being named as one of the best strikers in England at his age group. Are they seeing something we aren't?

FairPlay to Cauley tho, hope he gets games and confidence!

Steven Ageroad

That should put a few more pounds on his value this summer if someone wants to buy him!

alfie

Quote from: Newry FFC on June 05, 2017, 01:23:36 PM
Cauley being named as one of the best strikers in England at his age group. Are they seeing something we aren't?

Sometimes players get the breaks at other clubs
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

nose

Quote from: alfie on June 05, 2017, 05:11:51 PM

Sometimes players get the breaks at other clubs

That'S true malcolm macdonald and rodney marsh for instance

HatterDon

It's not like this is anything new:
Under 17 - 3 caps - 1 goal
Under 20 - 5 caps - 3 goals
Under 21 - 8 caps - 3 goals

I believe all but one of those goals was when he was on our payroll.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

General

Quote from: HatterDon on June 05, 2017, 10:06:09 PM

I've always been a fan of Cauley's and still believe he has the ability to do a job in the premier league. Some people disagree, but I think he has all the basics which work in his favour regardless of league, like his heading ability, ability to hold up play and physicality, and his ability to run lines.

He may not be the most prolific striker in the world, but he has always known where the goal is and has always produced the goods to the point he can't be written off by defenders as not posing a threat.

I also remember Bobby Zamora and even Dempsey being very poor and off the pace for us when they first started out at Fulham and then thing suddenly clicked through determination and hard work... I don't see Cauley in a dissimilar way... I think he has a work ethic and has similar potential but needs to work a bit harder and one day it'll click and he'll be great for us or whoever he ends up playing for. Full faith in his ability.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: General on June 06, 2017, 12:20:45 AM

I've always been a fan of Cauley's and still believe he has the ability to do a job in the premier league. Some people disagree, but I think he has all the basics which work in his favour regardless of league, like his heading ability, ability to hold up play and physicality, and his ability to run lines.

He may not be the most prolific striker in the world, but he has always known where the goal is and has always produced the goods to the point he can't be written off by defenders as not posing a threat.

I also remember Bobby Zamora and even Dempsey being very poor and off the pace for us when they first started out at Fulham and then thing suddenly clicked through determination and hard work... I don't see Cauley in a dissimilar way... I think he has a work ethic and has similar potential but needs to work a bit harder and one day it'll click and he'll be great for us or whoever he ends up playing for. Full faith in his ability.

👍⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

westcliff white

Quote from: General on June 06, 2017, 12:20:45 AM

I think your reight General, and I am not his biggest fan, what he lacks though is consitency. The way we play doesnt nescesarily mean we need a prolific scorer, so that should not be held agiansthim, but he needs to up his consistency levels.

It could come down to a choice between George Williams and Cauley as to who we keep.

RP24

Can I ask a potentially silly question?
How can Cauley be playing for England Under 21s when he is 22? Is it like the premier league 2 where you are allowed a certain number of overage players?

rweller86

Quote from: Robertprocter1 on June 06, 2017, 10:43:08 AM
How can Cauley be playing for England Under 21s when he is 22? Is it like the premier league 2 where you are allowed a certain number of overage players?
I think it there are rules around players ages during the qualification etc and when they turn 21.
@rweller

westcliff white

He was 21 at the start of the season, turnng 22 in December, so under the rule sif you are 21 at the start of the season you can continue to play for that age group

RP24

Quote from: westcliff white on June 06, 2017, 10:56:54 AM
He was 21 at the start of the season, turnng 22 in December, so under the rule sif you are 21 at the start of the season you can continue to play for that age group

Excellent thanks guys, had been scratching my head over that one

filham

Surely, Cauley deserves another chance at Fulham as back up to our main striker. It is going to cost us a lot of money and fat wages to find anyone better than him.

St. Andrews White

Quote from: filham on June 06, 2017, 07:11:57 PM
Surely, Cauley deserves another chance at Fulham as back up to our main striker. It is going to cost us a lot of money and fat wages to find anyone better than him.
Completely agree, would've been more effective rive than Martin. Can hold the ball up and bring players into play, but more mobile and can get into better positions. Just lacks consistency

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

nose

Quote from: filham on June 06, 2017, 07:11:57 PM

I hate to labour my usual point but IMO he has not had a proper chance meaning an extended run in the team. When he has played his goals to minutes on the pitch ratio is the best in the club, save for cyriac and that is statistically not relevant. If he is given a proper chance and it doesn't work out that is one thing but most of the negative comments about him are quite ridiculous and based on a few cameo apperances here and there, and at least two times resulting in MoM performances.

snarks

Thing is Cauley is not as good in the air or at holding off defenders as Martin was. However a good series of performances for the England team (if he plays) may make Slav take another look.

Woolly Mammoth

If Cauley had performed on the pitch the way Martin has played since the new year, he would be slaughtered left right and centre.
One law for one.
Cauley has never been given the chances Martin has had. He deserves better treatment, at least England value him, but I hope Fulham start giving him a sustained opportunity and a decent run, not the occasional guest appearance.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.