more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Christie, please not again

Started by DevonFFC, February 21, 2018, 10:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ollienixs on February 21, 2018, 11:37:40 PM
I have no had time to calm and I shall give him the benefit of the doubt a based on people's arguements but then I do question why introduce him into a game of such manerufe without any minutes off the bench before hand.

He didn't have a good game bar the pass and every fan sat around me was sharing that opioniin baes on the groans that I was hearing. Maybe I'm just used to watching Fred and disappointed.

Odoi was a class act and probably made the most passes forward

That's fair enough about Christie, and you were at the game, so you saw it first hand, as you say it was a hell of a game to be thrown into without a dress rehearsal, but he got through 90 plus mins, I expect he will sleep well tonight, and it should stand him in good stead for for future appearances.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ffcthereligion

Baszab

He looked a little nervous on the ball - but what he didn't do was create the triangle space to run on onto the line ball - he was too square
I also thought he played their bloke onside for the goal

Matt10

New player to a new system. Goes to show that you can practice all you want, but match time is what is key here. Slav needs to play him when he can to give him the needed reps. Targett was shaky at the start as well, and look how well he has done.

I do not understand how anyone can write him off so quickly. First match, first assist. Our team is so full of depth, it's amazing. Each player is an individual, of different talents, yet they can customize their play to the system - and the coach can adjust his system to his players. If that's not a compliment to our current run of form, then I have no idea how else to make you lot happy.

HatterDon

one match, away to a fellow promotion candidate, provides the assist for our only goal which earns us a point, hmmmm

STONE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

terryr

Quote from: hopper on February 21, 2018, 10:48:43 PM
Player makes unbelievably quality assist on debut and gets slagged off.
Exactly
I thought he did well.
Fred is great but  I believe he would have been kicked off the park if he'd played

Bassey the warrior

Fredericks was woeful for the first few years, he's come on in leaps and bounds since Joka took over. Jola will improve Christie.

JHaynes Paperboy

grandad

We have an unenviable record. We slag off new players after their first game more than any other Club in the World.
I remember the same happened to Hangeland. Bambi on ice etc.
Against us Christie terrorized us. Give him a bit of time to properly set into our style.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Slaphead in Qatar

He played poorly after his excellent assist. However it's only his first game - so cannot conclude anything yet.

Milo

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 21, 2018, 10:58:45 PM
I was at the game. Odd post. Great assist and didn't do too much wrong. At least give the guy more than a game.

Agreed. Mostly his touch was fine and was able to weave out of a few situations just like Odoi or Ream would have.

Didn't get down the right anywhere near as much as Fredericks. Doesn't have his pace. But his crossing does look better - some dangerous balls WHEN he got into that position.

I think though that Christie was being played to give us more height against long balls/crosses and be a bit more defensive. I think teams of a few years ago would've conceded 2-3 tonight ... SJ has to find the right balance between attack and defence against the bigger teams.

Ultimately next season the only difference has to be that he should be urged in training to get down the wing more. Taggart incidentally did very well on the other side and I would give my right leg to sign him.

toshes mate

I thought he had a decent game.  The cross may have been out of a strange things episode but it was effective.  He was thrown into a really tough game for his debut and obviously needs more game time to get up to speed.  If I wanted to be critical I could argue that perhaps SJ should have given him some sub time in previous games.  But he's okay and I can see some potential for offering something different to Fredericks.  I think the team was set up not to concede the first goal.

bill taylors apprentice

Stupid post and compounded by further comments from the OP

This player may or may not be as good as the current first choice RB and a comparison is valid but please make a more intelligent assessment.

Horsfield_No9

WAY too early to comment on Christie. Remember Ream and before him Baird? Betting he comes good much sooner than these 2 cult heroes.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

KJS

What a load of tosh it's his first game got an assist and when he played at the cottage for Boro he was outstanding people on here never cease to amaze me with their narrow minded gut reactions for example in November people said sack Joka!! I will say no more 049:gif

Madman Maddle

Fredericks was horrible when he joined us. Stupid unforced errors, mental lapses, bad positioning and technically poor. Some of that is still visible, but he has cut down the mistakes and found a way to use his pace going forward.

Christie didn't want to commit a mistake in his first appearance and played it more conservative than Fredericks. He can very well bomb down the wing as he did at Boro and Derby. Just give him some time. His assist was a beautiful outside of the boot curled pass Fredericks can only dream of. He won many headers Fredericks wouldn't even have reached. There is no doubt that we have the best right fullback duo in the league.

Tabby

The main problem was that he didn't mesh well with Odoi. Were a couple of times that they went for the same man/ball.

Understanding will come in time though.

ffcthereligion

Unbelievable that anybody could say he had a good game, constantly gave the ball away and offered nothing going forward. Our goal was a shambles from them not a good assist.

grandad

The anti Christie mob can´t see further than the end of their noses. It was obvious, to me at least, that he was selected for his extra height & defensive qualities. Slavisa was quite aware of the tactics Bristol would use so IMO it turned out to be the correct decision to play him over Fredericks.
Where there's a will there's a wife

snarks

Quote from: ffcthereligion on February 22, 2018, 11:45:07 AM
Unbelievable that anybody could say he had a good game, constantly gave the ball away and offered nothing going forward. Our goal was a shambles from them not a good assist.

I wasn't there and so didn't see how he played, but have seen the assist on sky. That was a fantastic pass into space for Mitro. To take that away seems completely disingenuous. I liked him at Derby and at Boro' so I will give him time.

Also hasn't Fred got 8 yellows or something like that, so it may have been tactical from a yellow card perspective to leave him out.