General Category > General Discussion

All truly loyal fans watched us at Loftus Road. Discuss.

<< < (4/7) > >>

FatFreddysCat:
And no i dont count myself as a better fan for going, i actually admire the people who did stay away as a form of protest, i dont think i could have brought myself to go to a half empty Scumford Bridge if that was the way it turned out. I do actually count myself as a crap supporter now, cant believe i done all the sh1t stuff, but now think of the lack of money and stay away.

Lighthouse:
Sorry but a post about loyalty IS pathetic. If you live miles away and have a job that makes you work Saturdays etc etc. Am I a better fan because I travelled from Scotland on a Friday Night to Brighton and then back up to Fulham to watch Rochdale. I bet there were fans who didn't turn up who lived around the corner.

So there are many reasons I refused to go to Loftus Road having had a season ticket for for twenty years, failed relationships because of my obsession, failed jobs because I wanted to watch Fulham instead of work.

No people who went to Loftus ROad are no better and no worse than those who didn't. A fan is a fan is a fan. An American fan who has never watched a live game is as important as a fan than anybody else. Loyalty posts ARE simply divisive. Although I defend your right to make it.  :005:

Terry Tibbs:
I agree 100% Sorry Scrumpy, I don't want to cause any offence, but this sort of thread is one of the prime reasons I left the OFAL (apart from being banned, of course!).  Seriously, there was always loads of threads saying people couldn't say they were real supporters unless they had been at a certain game, been supporting for a certain amount of time etc etc etc.  No one can tell me I don't love this daft club, and I would NEVER EVER presume to do the same.  All the best to you, Scrumpy.

--- Quote from: manxman on September 22, 2010, 09:57:47 PM ---hmm seems like cottage corner.

--- End quote ---

Terry Tibbs:
Plus one.  Lighthouse, you put it so much better than I did!  :54:

--- Quote from: Lighthouse on September 23, 2010, 12:05:51 AM ---Sorry but a post about loyalty IS pathetic. If you live miles away and have a job that makes you work Saturdays etc etc. Am I a better fan because I travelled from Scotland on a Friday Night to Brighton and then back up to Fulham to watch Rochdale. I bet there were fans who didn't turn up who lived around the corner.

So there are many reasons I refused to go to Loftus Road having had a season ticket for for twenty years, failed relationships because of my obsession, failed jobs because I wanted to watch Fulham instead of work.

No people who went to Loftus ROad are no better and no worse than those who didn't. A fan is a fan is a fan. An American fan who has never watched a live game is as important as a fan than anybody else. Loyalty posts ARE simply divisive. Although I defend your right to make it.  :005:

--- End quote ---

Steve_orino:

--- Quote from: Lighthouse on September 23, 2010, 12:05:51 AM ---An American fan who has never watched a live game is as important as a fan than anybody else.
--- End quote ---

I've watched a 'Live game' on TV...in HD!  The Cottage 'looked' magnificent!   :doh:

I know, I know  :yellow:

Part of the reason my signature mentions "Following" is because I wasn't born Fulham and I can't attend games...I chose Fulham.  The way I figure it though, is if I'm still around after 5 years, then I think I could justifiably be called a Supporter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version