more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornafulhamfan

What is your opinion on this.
I think we could find solutions to all of our problems in Peru national team. Right-wing - Carillo, right-back - Advincula, goalkeeper - Gallese.

Arthur

Quote from: Carborundum on June 20, 2018, 09:40:26 PM
Ah yes, the dreaded "we've signed no players"worry.  Almost as bad as the "player we signed is not premier league quality" worry, which in turn is preferable to the "new signing is over the hill" worry, only leaving the "if they have signed for us, there must be something amiss with them, but I can't quite put my finger on it worry" as a catch-all worry to ensure that whatever the position we are in, worriers need never be short of a reason to worry. 

Nice humour.

If I may add a small point to your characterisation: in summers past, when the transfer window ran to the end of August, it always seemed that the worriers' benchmark was to have our transfer business done by the first game of the season. Now that the window shuts before the season begins, however, this benchmark appears to have shifted to 'before the pre-season friendlies'.

hovewhite

Think we will be messing around as usual to the last bell,that's typical fulhamish.

Barrett487

There's a rumour that Southampton are willing to let Tadic go for £15,000,000 with Ajax interested. Another Serb on the move?

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2018/06/20/report-southampton-could-sell-tadic-to-ajax-for-20m/

Southampton could sell Serbia midfielder Dusan Tadic, with Ajax interested in the 29-year-old. (NBC Sports)

BlackWhiteArmy

Quote from: Barrett487 on June 21, 2018, 07:24:18 PM
There's a rumour that Southampton are willing to let Tadic go for £15,000,000 with Ajax interested. Another Serb on the move?

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2018/06/20/report-southampton-could-sell-tadic-to-ajax-for-20m/

Southampton could sell Serbia midfielder Dusan Tadic, with Ajax interested in the 29-year-old. (NBC Sports)

It's 99% done deal, 17.000.000e, reliable inside source. He's sold, contract not signed tho so.. unless he turns it down last second, then again, Mitro did fail Anderlecht move last second.

MrFFC

Brighton have signed Sunderland keeper Steele. Krul to Fulham close?
Come on you Whites!! :)

Carborundum

Quote from: Arthur on June 21, 2018, 06:39:03 PM
Quote from: Carborundum on June 20, 2018, 09:40:26 PM
Ah yes, the dreaded "we've signed no players"worry.  Almost as bad as the "player we signed is not premier league quality" worry, which in turn is preferable to the "new signing is over the hill" worry, only leaving the "if they have signed for us, there must be something amiss with them, but I can't quite put my finger on it worry" as a catch-all worry to ensure that whatever the position we are in, worriers need never be short of a reason to worry. 

Nice humour.

If I may add a small point to your characterisation: in summers past, when the transfer window ran to the end of August, it always seemed that the worriers' benchmark was to have our transfer business done by the first game of the season. Now that the window shuts before the season begins, however, this benchmark appears to have shifted to 'before the pre-season friendlies'.
Very good point.   

Should a player arrive whose quality, age, experience and standing in the game mean that they are unquestionably a great signing for us, then my analysis breaks down.  Instead,  I'll be worrying that their commensurate salary will create divisions in the dressing room that leads inexorably to our decline.

The phrase "Haters gonna hate" has a footballing twin.  "Worriers gonna worry"

St. Andrews White

Quote from: MrFFC on June 21, 2018, 08:24:17 PM
Brighton have signed Sunderland keeper Steele. Krul to Fulham close?
Also makes the Button to them rumour unlikely. Shame, £4m would have been great business for us

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Andyb

jojo1990

Looks like this Gönül from Beskitas still on but dont believe it.Saw on Twitter we are also interestet in Ben Gibson.Hope we finally start early to sign some players need a full sqaud for pre season!Hope Tony wakes up!

Jamie88

filham

Quote from: St Eve on June 21, 2018, 04:49:36 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on June 21, 2018, 12:17:14 PM
Deeney at 10m doesn't seem a bad deal considering the current market to be honest....
Please no
Deeney not cutting the Mustard at Watford these days.

Arthur

Quote from: Statto on June 22, 2018, 12:37:45 AM
Ah yes, the old "blind faith" position

Anyway... seems to me the concerns about FFC's summer business are perfectly valid. We've been shockingly slow in most recent transfer windows, resulting in us taking until Christmas to start playing decent football last year. The window closes earlier than ever this year. As a newly-promoted club that was heavily reliant on loans, we need to do more business than anyone, except perhaps Cardiff, but they've already done some substantial business. It's now almost 4 weeks since we were promoted and we've signed no one. In 2 weeks, pre-season training starts, and however much it may upset you to hear it, that is, on any reasonable analysis, when we should be getting a substantial number of signings over the line if we want our players to start the season knowing each other's names. 

If none of that bothers you, you're either not a Fulham fan, or not the full ticket.

Not an accurate last line.

Both viewpoints (to be bothered and not to be bothered) are valid for the simple reason that you (I am assuming) and I do not know enough information to do anything other than speculate as to whether the Club has been guilty of sitting on its hands these past four weeks. As such, I have no alternative but to be blind in my faith: your lack of faith, however, is no less blind.

How satisfied would you be, moreover, were Cardiff's 'substantial business' to have been our transfer dealings instead? At this stage, I'd rather us be in the position of having spent nothing and signed no one than having shelled out a (reportedly) significant sum acquiring Murphy and Cunningham. You may think differently.

To claim that the time it took to complete last summer's transfer dealings was the cause of our mediocre form until Christmas is also speculative. If it can be argued that it needed almost four months from the end of August to integrate our new players, then - looking at it logically - even had we done our business by the beginning of July, it would have been no earlier than late-October before we found our form. (Nor is your line of reasoning supported by the evidence of our January transfer window - whereby neither Mitrovic nor Targett needed any length of time before making a positive contribution.)

millsy

Very good, logical points Arthur. It's true, of course, that we have in the past been slow bringing people in but surely this year is different. It's nearly 20 years since we were last promoted to the top tier and we all know that the money now available to newly promoted teams is at an all time peak. Just as well, as we also know that it's never been more necessary to invest in a promoted squad, as not to do so would be tantamount to throwing in the towel before the contest even begins.

Seems to me that our owner has just seen the value of his UK football club investment recover to, at least that on the day he made it, with the prospect of further enhancement if the lessons of the early years of his involvement have been learned. From everything we've heard and seen over the past 12 months, surely there is room for optimism and belief that our Chairman and his son will be doing everything in their power to a) hold on to our excellent head coach, b) retain and build on the nucleus of our successful squad and c) capitalise on the brilliant reputation that has been established for quality football to attract quality players, valuable sponsors and a loyal following, both fan base and corporate.

Whether or not we can actually succeed in attracting the quality recruits we pursue, remains to be seen but surely there can be no doubt that all concerned at the helm of our club, know what needs doing and will be trying their utmost to make it happen. I think we're now quite an attractive proposition and hopefully we'll be punching our weight in all our dealings from hereon.

Really looking forward to seeing things unfold over the next few weeks. I'm sure there'll be some disappointments, as we miss out on prime targets, after all, we're swimming with sharks now but equally, I'm confident we'll see some real strengthening going on, which we can cheer. Some obvious, as was superkev and some maybe less so, like our promotion season player of the year.

What a great time to be a Fulham supporter!

hovewhite

In respect of shad the value of the club has gone through the roof ,add to that the s/t hike then it's recovered his initial stake.
On transfers I'm sure a lot of deals are being set up,(hope!).

Fulham Tup North

I am not concerned about the lack of transfer action atm!
I am fully aware that all the players we are going to buy are all still heavily involved in the World Cup!
Also, behind the scenes our team are busy (quietly) making deals, they just don't want to publicise every bit of business they do.
Patience is a virtue 😀
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

bill taylors apprentice

I'm confident our Club is doing what the vast majority of clubs are doing i.e. working damn hard to get in the players they need.
But its not unreasonable to hope that the right players are brought in earlier and given as much of a preseason as possible, unlike the recent past.

It seems our HC now has more input in the signings but lets not kid ourselves, Khan Jnr still needs his stats system to have a big say in any deals to justify his role.
Maybe that's a good thing?

I've no doubt a big part of the recruitment teams aim is to bring in bargains and increase their value over time which is always likely to have its issues.   

Hoppus

As always this thread ends up with no transfer rumors. Maybe we need another thread for this kind of discussions?

grandad

The general lack of transfer activity is a result of the WC. Clubs want to see if their players enhance their value before setting a price on them. The window isn´t open yet & players contracts end on 30 June. Some transfers such as Fredericks do not officially come into effect until 1 July.. July will be an absolute mad scramble with feet going through the roof. £10 mil will not buy you much & the benchmark seems to be double that as seen with Grealish, Morrison Mitrovic etc.
Where there's a will there's a wife

MJG

Quote from: Statto on June 22, 2018, 09:08:36 AM
Quote from: Hoppus on June 22, 2018, 08:19:53 AM
As always this thread ends up with no transfer rumors. Maybe we need another thread for this kind of discussions?

Why does it have to be on a different thread?
If all this thread had was transfer rumours from respectable sources, then you'd have 3 posts about Ayew and that would be it.
Have to agree, it's a transfer thread and should include anything related to the subject instead of lots of different threads.
Just the views of a long term fan