Started by bornafulhamfan, October 07, 2018, 10:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moltobueno

Rico
Christie-Odoi-Mawson-MLM
Cairney-Anguissa-Seri
Schurrle-Mitrovic-Sessegnon

Subs: Bettinelli/Fabri, Ream, Ayite, Johansen, McDonald, AK, Vietto

Vietto and AK/Ayite to be subbed on to bring in sharp legs. McDonald/Johansen to be subbed on to cover tired midfield.

This isn't Arsenal, I'm sure Christie will adapt with Cardiff much better. Sessegnon is much better in attack than in LB.

hovewhite

Sess always scores against Cardiff so he has to play also I would play his brother in place of Christie.

SuffolkWhite

Need a clean sheet and a different tactic I feel, what about a steady 4411 and the full backs remain more defensive.

Midfielders can interchange if needs be, eg the wings can swap over but so can Cairney and Seri. The wings can get forward but the LB and RB only support the wingers and do not leave their defensive positions.

Betts

Odoi -    Mawson -   Ream -    Sess

Schurrle   Seri - Anguissa -   Vietto -

Cairney

Mitro -
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

WhiteJC

my team against Cardiff

Rico

Christie          Mawson          Ream          MLM

Anguissa          Cairney          Seri

Schurrle          Mitro          Sess

subs: Betts, Odoi, Bryan(if fit), Mawson, KMac, AK47, Vietto,

we obviously need to do something at the back and with Fosu out for a while we have to stick with Christie, I don't think he was as bad against Arsenal as some have made out.
Betts has had his chance but 8 goals in 2 games just isn't good enough, so I think its time for Rico to be given a go, otherwise why did we bring him in?

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: WhiteJC on October 17, 2018, 03:10:25 PM

my team against Cardiff

Rico

we obviously need to do something at the back and with Fosu out for a while we have to stick with Christie, I don't think he was as bad against Arsenal as some have made out.
Betts has had his chance but 8 goals in 2 games just isn't good enough, so I think its time for Rico to be given a go, otherwise why did we bring him in?

Why you drop Odoi who has arguably been our best defensive player though?

fulhamben

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on October 17, 2018, 03:13:27 PM
Quote from: WhiteJC on October 17, 2018, 03:10:25 PM

my team against Cardiff

Rico

Why you drop Odoi who has arguably been our best defensive player though?
and put mlm at lb when he has been shocking their
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

WindyCity

I note a lot of posters calling for Ream to start.  I know he is a big favorite here and he had a terrific season last year, but I question his fitness and/or ability at PL speed.  Lacazette totally owned him to the tune of two scores in that Arsenal route.  Hope he is properly 'fit' if he's starting.

fulhamben

Quote from: WindyCity on October 17, 2018, 04:36:54 PM
I note a lot of posters calling for Ream to start.  I know he is a big favorite here and he had a terrific season last year, but I question his fitness and/or ability at PL speed.  Lacazette totally owned him to the tune of two scores in that Arsenal route.  Hope he is properly 'fit' if he's starting.
I wouldn't start him, and not that he does much wrong, but his lack of pace far negates any positives that he brings imo.

Statto

Rico
Chambers - Mawson - MLM - Sessegnon
Anguissa - Seri - Cairney
Schurrle - Mitrovic - Ayite

HV71

Honest question- do you need pace against Cardiff - or is it more down to guid and experience of what you are going to be up against?

HV71

filham

This is a long thread with a lot of different suggestions, I just can't muster an opinion as all permutations in defense seem to have been tried and have generally failed.
I am intrigued to see Joconavic's selection , I just hope his team and tactics are an improvement on the last match.

ffcthereligion

The problem is encapsulated within this thread - the best starting xi is still a complete unknown.

Southcoastffc

I am very surprised to read that people are calling for Betts to give way to Rico, with no real explanation other than 'why did we bring in Rico'.  Betts has, unfortunately, probably been one of our best players so far. Its not his fault that we have had such a poor, muddled start defensively. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 18, 2018, 08:28:50 AM
I am very surprised to read that people are calling for Betts to give way to Rico, with no real explanation other than 'why did we bring in Rico'.  Betts has, unfortunately, probably been one of our best players so far. Its not his fault that we have had such a poor, muddled start defensively. 

People call for Rico because he is a far superior goalkeeper.

Bettinelli has been okay, but unspectacular.

Facts Not Fiction

Only Odoi falls into the category of a "pacey" CB. You do not need pace to be a good PL CB, but good awareness of the opposition.

fulhamben

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on October 18, 2018, 09:24:29 AM

Only Odoi falls into the category of a "pacey" CB. You do not need pace to be a good PL CB, but good awareness of the opposition.
that doesn't say  lot for ream them, as he was destroyed by arsenal.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on October 18, 2018, 09:23:02 AM

Where is the evidence of this superiority?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

FulhamElite

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on October 18, 2018, 09:23:02 AM

Betts was voted MotM against both City and Arsenal on the Fulham website. Both results could have easily been worse had it not been for some of his saves.

We Are Premier League

Rico
Odoi Mawson Ream Mlm
               KMac
          Seri Anguissa
Schurrle                   Sess
               Mitro

subs: Betts, Christie, Chambers, Johansen, Ayite, AK47, Vietto