watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Fosu-Mensah

Started by bog, March 18, 2019, 09:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

How did he play overall yesterday? He got hopelessly lost for their opener with little apparent motivation to stop any cross for the goal.

092.gif   

Andy S

That is a little harsh. After another scape goat are we?

bog

No Andy, my only view was on TV and that is how he came over to me.

chrisburt13

I thought he played well, and dealt with a dangerous left sided attack of Mane and Robertson very well, given he was isolated a lot and was clearly told to play narrow.

Won a few tackles and looked very decent, a definite upgrade on Christie or Odoi at right back for sure.

There's no need to scapegoat him, November was the last time he started a match, and he was up against the best left back in the league, and the most in form player in the league arguably.

I was very impressed with his performance, and a little disappointed when he came off, truth be told.

snarks

Bog - in my view, actually not him, Frank lost Firmino's run don't know if TFM should have stayed with Mane or he should have been picked up by CB's as he ran across. I would say that was probably the best TFM played, 2 really good tackles (1 missed tackle that could have been costly) he was better than Denis tho'

HV71

Quote from: bog on March 18, 2019, 10:14:09 AM
No Andy, my only view was on TV and that is how he came over to me.

I recorded the game and watched it after I got back. The commentators were constantly remarking in how exposed we were on our right flank ( nothing new this season) other than we were playing Floyd and TFM
So Bog whilst I thought he visibly put in more effort- positionally he still fell short. So I don't think your take on his performance was harsh

filham

Surprised TFM was selected , thought he had done enough in earlier matches to keep him out of the team for the rest of his stay with us.

Sorry, he looked a shade better than previously but still not up to the job. We have a major problem in that position as we have never replaced Fredericks, Liverpool were aware of this and seemed to be intent on attacking our right flank.

@jolslover

I thought he played well on the whole and is better than Christie / Odoi in the RB position. Had he played there for all the games those two did I think we may be in a slightly? better position.
STH H3

bog

Thanks for your response fellow Fulham supporters. On thing that does seem to come out of it is that Scott is improving the players. Always a good sign if a little too late. 

092.gif

hovewhite

Quote from: bog on March 18, 2019, 10:37:08 AM
Thanks for your response fellow Fulham supporters. On thing that does seem to come out of it is that Scott is improving the players. Always a good sign if a little too late. 

092.gif
that is good piont that Scotty is making the better.

toshes mate

HV71 and filham summed TFM up for me.  He was better than previously but not by very much, IMO.  Notes suggesting he was better than Odoi in the right back area are fanciful to say the least. 

Not sure we have a decent right back in the squad since Fredericks was lost to us, and I would like young S Sessegnon to at least be given a chance to show what he can do, but I guess that may have to wait until the when and if we are officially down. 

bog

I cannot understand why S Sess has not been given chance. Have to say i do not share the feeling that Odoi is our best right back.   

092.gif

Frackleheath

For their first goal he ran off Firmino allowing him to get well into the box, just as Odoi did with Hazard in the Chelsea game for their goal - they were identical!!! Why not confront the attacker well outside the box, when there is more cover behind you, if a foul is committed then you have a chance to defend it. Lay off the attacker and any mistimed tackle becomes a penalty if we can see it why can't the coaching staff??

Kent Cassandra

I thought generally that was the best defensive display we have seen this season.
Liverpool's first goal would probably been a goal against any other team in the premiership
but instead of being any other team we criticize our own team rather than give credit.
Read all the papers at the library this morning, mostly all about Liverpool not much about us. (whets new???).
Only one article in written by a femail reporter in the times gave a proper in depth view of the match which was a welcome
change from all those others wearing red spectacles.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

bog

Quote from: Kent Cassandra on March 18, 2019, 01:39:06 PM
I thought generally that was the best defensive display we have seen this season.
Liverpool's first goal would probably been a goal against any other team in the premiership
but instead of being any other team we criticize our own team rather than give credit.
Read all the papers at the library this morning, mostly all about Liverpool not much about us. (whets new???).
Only one article in written by a femail reporter in the times gave a proper in depth view of the match which was a welcome
change from all those others wearing red spectacles.

Hello Terry, I began watching with the ump after listening to rubbish Talksport's commentary that made us sound so inept. But I thought we looked not as bad. Have to say that Babel's chasing down put their keeper under pressure and he messed it up, it was not all just a big cock up. In the Mail yesterday there were two pages on Liverpool and not one word about us.  :031: :031: :031:   

Bill2

I have been critical of him in the past, but today he played well considering he was against some of the best forwards in the Premier League. For the Liverpool's first we let Mane give the ball and go unmarked. The report in the Mail is at best written by a pool fan and the way he describes our goal does not really give Babel enough credit.

gang

The one thing I find concerning is that both Mensa and Christie both have the tendancy to just jog back when we lose the ball.

ALG01

FM was poor IMO he was rash in his decison making, didn't get close enough quick enough to the player in possesion and stood off too far.
When he went forward he certainly took way to long and made to little effort in getting back.

bog

In the Mail today Fosu-Mensah is the fastest player in the Premier League this season! 21.24 mph.

092.gif

LittleErn

Quote from: gang on March 18, 2019, 02:29:16 PM
The one thing I find concerning is that both Mensa and Christie both have the tendancy to just jog back when we lose the ball.
Quote from: bog on March 18, 2019, 04:49:44 PM
In the Mail today Fosu-Mensah is the fastest player in the Premier League this season! 21.24 mph.

092.gif

Yes. Very noticeable Gang. Why doesn't F-M use that speed to get back into the box and defend? Lack of commitment perhaps? Same comment for Christie - he doesn't seem to bothered about running towards his own goal either!