watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

First away win but

Started by The Swan, August 16, 2019, 09:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

First away win against a very poor Huddersfield side. We won't play against a team as bad as them.

Why do we keep passing the ball back to our keeper. Its going to bite us in the bum soon.

Arter was poor tonight.

A win is a win. Shame we could not score a few more as we could have gone top of the table for a few hours,
The Swan

Finnans Right Peg

I must have watched a different game cos arter wasn't poor tonight yes he gave the ball away but when you show for the vall in difficult positions to help your team mates you are goin to give it away but i thought his positional sense and commitment were top class also showed great leadership which we missed last season

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on August 16, 2019, 10:10:16 PM
I must have watched a different game cos arter wasn't poor tonight yes he gave the ball away but when you show for the vall in difficult positions to help your team mates you are goin to give it away but i thought his positional sense and commitment were top class also showed great leadership which we missed last season

No doubt. Nobody completes 100% of their passes and he did well with some very difficult situations in the middle of the park.

Woolly Mammoth

and Harry Arters work rate is second to none. Even when he may not be having his best game, he keeps  working and continues to be busy. He takes responsibility for his actions, and will bite back, as opposed to players who hide under a blade of grass.
We have won an away game tonight which was a potential banana skin, and we won it well, and in style, and when we needed it, we won it ugly. The first 90 minutes is the most important.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

Robbie

Watched the whole game. I think we were good and made Hudds look poor. Good signs for FFC.

bigalffc

Definitely no buts from me, we won away  049:gif :yay: :clap_hands:
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Baszab

No but from me

We made them look poor

Totally dominated even tho gave away a stupid goal

Mitro took a lot of punishment without much protection

JoelH5

We outplayed them. They had one shot on goal. Getting better each game.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Jeroen

Regardless if we were good or bad, regardless if they were bad...
We won against another team that got relegated last season!

7 points out of 3 games is a good tally - I can Only imagine what Huddersfield fans must be thinking!

Ordar

We didn't look like conceding at all. They got a lucky goal. We dominated the game. Our forward options are much better than the vast majority of this division

ByTheRiver

Saw similar comments after Blackburn. Good teams make teams look poor and, guess what? We are a very good team.

We'll keep 'not coming up against anyone as poor' all the way to the title. Watch.

grandad

Last 2 games the opponents had only 1 shot on target between them.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Statto

Huddersfield are at least a top half team and really needed a win. Plus it was at their place. This was an above-average difficulty fixture.

MaidenheadMick

Quote from: Jeroen on August 16, 2019, 11:03:31 PM
Regardless if we were good or bad, regardless if they were bad...
We won against another team that got relegated last season!

7 points out of 3 games is a good tally - I can Only imagine what Huddersfield fans must be thinking!
[/quote
I'd be delighted with 7pts from 3 games. Unfortunately, we've only got 6]

Brawn

We're not quite where we need to be yet but we (should) be rewarded if we are patient. We have to accept Parker is not going to be the finished article in August and he'll get better with experience. It is a relatively new team and very few of them played in the same XI last season. Ream and Mawson, for example, keep tripping over each other when dealing with balls coming into the box; that's something that will organically improve over time as they form a better on-field relationship and understanding.

I actually felt we struggled to create chances (only two clear-cut opportunities; remember, both goals came out of nothing) and lacked a final product. Cavaleiro's goal was redemption for what was up until then a rather dodgy performance. I feel that we would be better off if we made a slight change and Cairney played as a 10 in a 4-2-3-1, not as one of 3 8s in a 4-3-3. We know he can't defend, so why he was playing half back at one point really reminded me of one of the main bugbears with Slavball.

the nutflush

Our defence looked great apart from the goal we conceded which wasn't a shocker like every week last season. That back four looks good to me. Hope Mawson stays fit and S Sess will only get better with game time. He was terrific. We bossed their midfield and made numerous opportunities. Not sure what else you can ask for. If we have a good run with injuries I think we can go back up.

the nutflush

Quote from: Brawn on August 17, 2019, 01:52:31 AM
We're not quite where we need to be yet but we (should) be rewarded if we are patient. We have to accept Parker is not going to be the finished article in August and he'll get better with experience. It is a relatively new team and very few of them played in the same XI last season. Ream and Mawson, for example, keep tripping over each other when dealing with balls coming into the box; that's something that will organically improve over time as they form a better on-field relationship and understanding.

I actually felt we struggled to create chances (only two clear-cut opportunities; remember, both goals came out of nothing) and lacked a final product. Cavaleiro's goal was redemption for what was up until then a rather dodgy performance. I feel that we would be better off if we made a slight change and Cairney played as a 10 in a 4-2-3-1, not as one of 3 8s in a 4-3-3. We know he can't defend, so why he was playing half back at one point really reminded me of one of the main bugbears with Slavball.

Cavs goal lacked a final product? I must have watched a different game. Gee whiz...

Deuce

Quote from: Brawn on August 17, 2019, 01:52:31 AM

Disagree completly about Cav, he gave Huddersfield defence headache throughout the entire game. Made a lovely pass to Mitrovic only for Gabara to make a really good save in what should have been a goal. And his goal, in that little space, at that point in the game, was absolutley superb. Terrific technique and touch. To have players stepping up at crucial parts of a game is vital.

Regarding Cairney. I think - and this is me guessing - he was deeper mainly because of the lack of pressing Huddersfield did. They didnt press us as much as Blackburn or Barnsley did, instead making things tighter further down their own half thus leaving more space further upp the pitch for Cairney to operate in.
When playing against a team that presses higher (and more) leaves more space between the blocks of the opposition, closer to their own goal, which is where Cairney finds space and Arter tries to break the press by playing passes vertically instead. Now this wasnt necessary, so Cairney could control the tempo in that area instead.

RaySmith

From the away stand,the first half seemed pretty even to me, Hudds a threat, home fans very loud, though our away support, though quite a few gaps with the travel difficulties on a Friday night, was brilliant as usual, but the team stayed solid, playing it out from the back, even though it gave us near heart attacks at times, and upped it in the second half, and imposed themselves with real quality and determination.

But Hudds were definitely no pushovers.

What a difference in every way from last year's performance in this  game.
A brilliant away day evening for Fulham fans.