News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Domestic transfer window rumours...(and Cavaleiro)

Started by We Are Premier League, October 06, 2020, 08:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jules

Good to get Kongolo as defensive cover, but underwhelming. Surprised we kept some of the fringe players as we can only have a squad of 25. We really needed another striker in this window. Wanted Josh King in. Reports were that Bmth dropped price to £15m - worth it in my view.

Denver Fulham

I'm stunned that we didn't bring in another attacking player. We are so underbaked up top. What a disappointing Friday with that and the Andersen news. I usually try to be optimistic, but I think we're short on the quality (team and manager) needed to stay up.

HV71

junior white

BestOfBrede

Maybe some with big opinions on spending, could offer the club some of their own money for overpriced players?

Jeroen

Welbeck or sturridge are still out there.
Not saying they excite me, but a Welbeck on a year contract with something to proof could work well

Caedal

Very happy with Kongolo (unlike others here). I really think Welbeck would be a good pick up. 1 year prove it deal

filham

Pleased that Kongolo has signed but the question we need an answer to is has he fully recovered from injury , played a match this season and when will he be ready to play his first match for us.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Denver Fulham on October 16, 2020, 09:08:10 PM
I'm stunned that we didn't bring in another attacking player. We are so underbaked up top. What a disappointing Friday with that and the Andersen news. I usually try to be optimistic, but I think we're short on the quality (team and manager) needed to stay up.

I suppose our attackers are Mitro and Lookman, with Kamara and Reid as backup...

filham

We have choice to play one of Kebano, Reid, Kamara or Cav, in the front three joined by Mitro and Lookman. Then cosider we have Loftus Cheek and Anguissa behind them .
This attack should not be that bad.

finknottle

Quote from: Jules on October 16, 2020, 08:34:23 PM
Good to get Kongolo as defensive cover, but underwhelming. Surprised we kept some of the fringe players as we can only have a squad of 25. We really needed another striker in this window. Wanted Josh King in. Reports were that Bmth dropped price to £15m - worth it in my view.

Amazed they didn't go lower as King is out of contract in 9 months and can leave for free.

Somerset Fulham

I must admit that I can't be arsed to look, but I wonder what the expected bottom five sides front three look like.

I don't think that we are that far short, but do lack some depth, but then we've only just been promoted.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Caedal on October 16, 2020, 09:42:11 PM
Very happy with Kongolo (unlike others here). I really think Welbeck would be a good pick up. 1 year prove it deal

Welbeck is a necessity now,  we need his quality. I just hope he doesn't get picked up by another side.

rebel

Quote from: We Are Premier League on October 16, 2020, 09:47:18 PM

I suppose our attackers are Mitro and Lookman, with Kamara and Reid as backup...

They all need to step up, Parker needs to unleash some football, trying to nick games 1 - 0, defending isn't going to work, especially if we need 6 / 7 chances to score the 1 goal. We need to go for it like Villa and Leeds has.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: rebel on October 17, 2020, 08:52:37 AM
Quote from: We Are Premier League on October 16, 2020, 09:47:18 PM

They all need to step up, Parker needs to unleash some football, trying to nick games 1 - 0, defending isn't going to work, especially if we need 6 / 7 chances to score the 1 goal. We need to go for it like Villa and Leeds has.

Agree with this. The attacking play vs Leeds was good, it was the defending that let us down. If we can play like that but cut out the individual errrors and defend the flanks better, we will pick up points.

Statto

Well I'm gonna have to admit that having finally been played on the right, Cavaleiro has been woeful so far

093.gif

bencher

Quote from: Statto on October 18, 2020, 12:38:45 PM
Well I'm gonna have to admit that having finally been played on the right, Cavaleiro has been woeful so far

093.gif

I'm trying to find some reason Cav gets in the team. I was thinking maybe team shape, but even that doesn't cut it. Most passes that went his way today were dead ends. I also think his poverty of display meant Aina offered nothing forwards either because he can't afford to overlap knowing the ball will most likely get given away off one of Cav's flicks straight to the opposition.

spikey norman

Taylor - Croasdale has ended his season long loan at Colchester and returned back to Fulham having only played one game

spikey norman

According to the Sun we are planning a January move  for Peterborough's Siriki Dembele.