News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Domestic transfer window rumours...(and Cavaleiro)

Started by We Are Premier League, October 06, 2020, 08:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St. Andrews White

Quote from: Offset on October 16, 2020, 05:43:24 PM
Quote from: St. Andrews White on October 16, 2020, 05:27:27 PM
We have a deal sheet in for Kongolo - two hours to complete the deal!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Where did you get this info from
No ITK - I got from Peter Rutzler on twitter. He's the Fulham correspondent for the Athletic

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Bassey the warrior

Benrahma has joined West Ham on loan with mandatory option to buy.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Deeping_white on October 16, 2020, 05:45:44 PM
Quote from: Caedal on October 16, 2020, 05:38:22 PM
I'm a bit surprised that Knockheart has gone on loan. Feel like he offers alot more than Cav. He was only just given the number 11 shirt aswell. Have to assume there's  been some kind of falling out with Parker.

Also shocked that Mcdonald and Johansen werent let go

Knockaert offered nothing in the Championship except for a lot of running around and arm waving so not sure why anyone would think that at a higher level with better and more physically capable players that he would ever come good. Brighton got rid last year and we've done the same and that's no coincidence. He has a reputation for throwing his toys out of the pram so maybe he did that, either way I'm glad we got rid because he defined one trick pony in that he would always cut in on his left foot, and then boot the ball into Row Z.

Would also argue that based on the total outlay for him, the league we were in and his supposed quality at that level, he was a bigger flop than some of our PL signings supposedly were because he contributed a shockingly low amount offensively, summed up by the last few mins of the PO final when he somehow fluffed up a 2v1 that should've ended with us scoring a third goal.

This.

I don't think he played well with Mitro or with Cav.  Not at all.  Always seemed a half a second slow with his passes (not talking about crosses).

sunburywhite

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on October 16, 2020, 06:03:03 PM
I'm a bit surprised that Knockheart has gone on loan. Feel like he offers alot more than Cav. He was only just given the number 11 shirt aswell. Have to assume there's  been some kind of falling out with Parker.

Knockaert offered nothing in the Championship except for a lot of running around and arm waving so not sure why anyone would think that at a higher level with better and more physically capable players that he would ever come good. Brighton got rid last year and we've done the same and that's no coincidence. He has a reputation for throwing his toys out of the pram so maybe he did that, either way I'm glad we got rid because he defined one trick pony in that he would always cut in on his left foot, and then boot the ball into Row Z.

Would also argue that based on the total outlay for him, the league we were in and his supposed quality at that level, he was a bigger flop than some of our PL signings supposedly were because he contributed a shockingly low amount offensively, summed up by the last few mins of the PO final when he somehow fluffed up a 2v1 that should've ended with us scoring a third goal.

This.

I don't think he played well with Mitro or with Cav.  Not at all.  Always seemed a half a second slow with his passes (not talking about crosses).

He always seemed too greedy
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

sarnian

Is Kongolo this years Hector farce in not getting the deal  :dead horse:over the line in time.

rebel

Quote from: sunburywhite on October 16, 2020, 06:08:24 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on October 16, 2020, 06:03:03 PM

This.

He always seemed too greedy

The problem was that he was always trying to engineer an attempt on goal. Opposition teams know what he's going to try to do, so they are onto him like a flash. Then he tended to pass the ball back, when what's needed is a cross  or forward ball. By the time he's done his usual stuff, the opportunity has gone.

WhiteJC

from the BBC...

18:00
Post update
Just a reminder of what's happened, and what we're still waiting to find out:

West Ham's move for Brentford forward Said Benrahma is now likely to be a loan move with an obligation to buy
Spurs' move for Joe Rodon is set to be completed, with the Swans signing Ryan Bennett from Wolves on loan
It is still unknown if Crystal Palace's move for Jack Butland was successful. Southampton keeper Angus Gunn was set to join Stoke as a replacement
Liverpool have loaned about Harry Wilson to Cardiff, Harvey Elliott to Blackburn and Ben Woodburn to Blackpool
Nottingham Forest have signed Anthony Knockaert on loan from Brighton

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/54554307

Gezza

From the BBC Sports Website:
"Nottingham Forest have signed Anthony Knockaert on loan from Brighton"
What can you say !

spikey norman

Under Hughton Knockhaert may rejuvenate himself and come back a stronger and better player but may not want to return if he wasn't enjoying life at Fulham

filham

Quote from: sarnian on October 16, 2020, 06:11:25 PM
Is Kongolo this years Hector farce in not getting the deal  :dead horse:over the line in time.
I had the same thought but if that is the case it is hard to think of a reason. This transfer has been talked about since the day we won promotion.

Asotosyios

Quote from: sarnian on October 16, 2020, 06:11:25 PM

Not sure what's going to happen, but think it would make sense to get Kongolo now but not be registered until January. He hasn't played any football for 9 months, we have 5 CBs at the moment (good or bad is a different conversation) and no space in the 25-man squad. Better to get him now, give him time to train with the team and get game time with the U23s and will be ready to play on January 1st when we will be able to register him (after having trimmed down the squad).

junior white

Gezza

Interesting that Knockheart's loan is only until January

Black, White and Fred

'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Statto

Not sure why people would think Knockaert has fallen out with Parker or thrown his toys out the pram.

His effort and attitude whilst with us have been beyond reproach IMO.

However, his productivity has been woeful, which totally explains why we've offloaded him.

rebel

Quote from: Statto on October 16, 2020, 06:34:51 PM
Not sure why people would think Knockaert has fallen out with Parker or thrown his toys out the pram.

However, his productivity has been woeful, which totally explains why we've offloaded him.

Agree 100%. It's totally his 'productivity'.

bobby01

Quote from: rebel on October 16, 2020, 06:38:40 PM
Quote from: Statto on October 16, 2020, 06:34:51 PM

Agree 100%. It's totally his 'productivity'.

I agree as well, one of those deals that didn't work out.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

KJS

The Cravenette

Well he just posted on insta something  about it making his Friday and looking forward to playing with a smile on his face again. Make of that what you will....

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Of course he will score a hat trick in his first game with Forest...but in the Championship though!