https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Almost Nearly Summer Silly Season Transfer Thread 2023

Started by Deeping_white, March 29, 2023, 09:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 31, 2023, 01:17:47 PMNizaar Kinsella
@NizaarKinsella
🚨Wolves have asked Fulham to give a price for midfielder Harrison Reed. The 28-year-old is interested in the move which guarantees him more game time, with Fulham trying to tie up a deal for Everton's Alex Iwobi. It remains early days and could collapse

Harrison has started 3 out of 4 but lets not let that get in the way of a good lie.

Early days and could collaspe - what, with a day and a hfl of the window left. this guy needs his press pass reviked.

Kinsella is a fraud - he reckoned Willian was having his medical at Forest remember

howitis

Quote from: bencher on August 31, 2023, 12:57:26 PM?s=20

Thoughts??

On his day almost unplayable but that is invariably one game per season. Love the idea of him wearing a FFC shirt but not sure he will have the desire to perform. Let's be honest if you can't be arsed at a club like man it's when are you going to be motivated ...

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: bencher on August 31, 2023, 12:33:22 PM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 31, 2023, 12:31:39 PMHow much work are people expecting us to do over the last day and a half? Realistically like

I assume you mean our employers? As I am the boss, I answer to no one but my wife. But basically, I will be spending all my time refreshing this page.
Have you checked with her first???   ::wine::  ::thumb::
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

howitis

Quote from: lomotd on August 31, 2023, 12:42:27 PM
Quote from: IloveFFC on August 31, 2023, 12:27:31 PM

Surely this only happens if we have a direct replacement lined-up. Florentino Luís?

Harrison Reed has been good for us but does lack top quality. Great attitude and seems like a top pro but if we want to improve then we need an upgrade. I'm just worried that it might be Eric Dier and that is a step back for me. Let's hope it's someone young and dynamic that can be further developed under Marco...

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: howitis on August 31, 2023, 01:26:04 PM
Quote from: lomotd on August 31, 2023, 12:42:27 PM
Quote from: IloveFFC on August 31, 2023, 12:27:31 PM

Surely this only happens if we have a direct replacement lined-up. Florentino Luís?

Harrison Reed has been good for us but does lack top quality. Great attitude and seems like a top pro but if we want to improve then we need an upgrade. I'm just worried that it might be Eric Dier and that is a step back for me. Let's hope it's someone young and dynamic that can be further developed under Marco...

Dier is a completely different type of player. If we signed Connor Gallagher I'd be willing to let Reed go but I don't think we will. There's probably a bunch of quality box to box aggressive midfielders in Europe as well.

rusty shackleford

Sky sports reporter who is at Motspur said a deal was agreen for Ocampos?

I thought that fell through

Marcel_Gecov

Rumours on Twitter that Wolves value reed at 4m. Apparently from a SSN reporter... what an insult if so. We bought him for 8m and in a world where Nathan Collins is worth over £20m then he must be in that ballpark.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 31, 2023, 01:44:06 PMRumours on Twitter that Wolves value reed at 4m. Apparently from a SSN reporter... what an insult if so. We bought him for 8m and in a world where Nathan Collins is worth over £20m then he must be in that ballpark.

4 million? LOL

hkfulham

Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 31, 2023, 01:39:09 PMSky sports reporter who is at Motspur said a deal was agreen for Ocampos?

Deal has been agreed between clubs but player was not interested.

jayffc

I clearly rate Reed over most in here. He's absolutely key to how we build our attacks down the right and was pivotal in our success last year without being the standout hero often.

Does alot of great work and think he's massively underrated. Not as good without Palhinha beside him but thats not surprising really most wouldn't be, they work very well together

SerbianLad

I wouldn't sell Reed, or any of our midfielders for that matter. A backup DM and we're set. Palhinha/backup dm-Reed/Lukic-Cairney/Andreas is a good rotation, with Andreas, Cairney and Lukic all capable of playing in at least one other midfield position apart from their primary position.

FFC1987

Quote from: jayffc on August 31, 2023, 01:58:23 PMI clearly rate Reed over most in here. He's absolutely key to how we build our attacks down the right and was pivotal in our success last year without being the standout hero often.

Does alot of great work and think he's massively underrated. Not as good without Palhinha beside him but thats not surprising really most wouldn't be, they work very well together

I wouldn't necessarily disagree with this but would add, in our midfield, I think he's the obvious opportunity to upgrade. If you can get a hard worker, who has more about him in terms of technical offensive passing, I think we could progress. Having said that.....one criticism of him, prior to last season, was, he needs to add assists and/or goals to his game.....and he did that. I can;t imagine we're offloading unless we're going to spend on some real top class CL talent.

Bal_13

I would be really disappointed if we sell Reed.

I agree with other posters who have pointed out he has limitations offensively and with his passing, and in an ideal world / summer window, we'd look to improve on his position and get another box-to-box midfielder in.

BUT he's also a model pro, always puts himself about the pitch, and we know he can be trusted at prem level - he's certainly good enough to keep us very competitive in this division.

Like BDR the sort of player who isn't glamorous, but whose value as a squad member to a team like Fulham is far more than his market value.

Deeping_white

Apparently Trabzonspor are in London to meet with Vini's agent at the moment. We must have some clandestine deals lined up considering all the public information about outgoings.

Reed bid apparently rejected, Wolves value him at a hilarious £4m which would barely see us make any money from a FFP perspective, maybe if they quadrouple it we might take them seriously

hopper

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 31, 2023, 02:11:26 PMApparently Trabzonspor are in London to meet with Vini's agent at the moment. We must have some clandestine deals lined up considering all the public information about outgoings.

Reed bid apparently rejected, Wolves value him at a hilarious £4m which would barely see us make any money from a FFP perspective, maybe if they quadrouple it we might take them seriously

Wolves taking a leaf out of TK's negotiating tactics

SerbianLad

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 31, 2023, 02:11:26 PMApparently Trabzonspor are in London to meet with Vini's agent at the moment. We must have some clandestine deals lined up considering all the public information about outgoings.
Good luck to him, if true. I'd probably sell/loan Muniz as well and get two strikers in.

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 31, 2023, 02:11:26 PMReed bid apparently rejected, Wolves value him at a hilarious £4m which would barely see us make any money from a FFP perspective, maybe if they quadrouple it we might take them seriously
The thing is, they probably can't offer much more, with their FFP issues. They should probably look into free agent market.

Surlyc

According to footballleagueworld (I know, a laughable source), "Fulham set for QPR transfer decision" over selling Kongolo to QPR.

I mean... what possible decision is there to make here? Whether we can sneak Knockaert into the same deal?

Ashington White

So if Vini goes, that would mean we need to bring 2 strikers in. Not doing this the easy way are we.

alfie

Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 31, 2023, 01:39:09 PMSky sports reporter who is at Motspur said a deal was agreen for Ocampos?

The deal was agreed between clubs, it's the player that has not agreed, at least not yet, he still may.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

btffc

Quote from: SerbianLad on August 31, 2023, 02:15:01 PM
Good luck to him, if true. I'd probably sell/loan Muniz as well and get two strikers in.

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 31, 2023, 02:11:26 PMReed bid apparently rejected, Wolves value him at a hilarious £4m which would barely see us make any money from a FFP perspective, maybe if they quadrouple it we might take them seriously
The thing is, they probably can't offer much more, with their FFP issues. They should probably look into free agent market.

They are about to get 60m from City for Nunes. They can definitely pay much more.