watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Almost Nearly Summer Silly Season Transfer Thread 2023

Started by Deeping_white, March 29, 2023, 09:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somerset Fulham

Who knows? But we have to come to accept that he will be off and that the above is the best scenario available to us (if he for some mental reason doesn't decide to stay with us of course!).

18 months ago I would say that 95% of us didn't even know that he existed and I love they guy, but he is not irrepplaceable.

We have to look at him as a bonus that fell into our laps I think, rather than a disaster that he is going. It would have ripped the guts from the club had he gone last week but he didn't, and now the manager and the recruitment team have time to prepare for his exit.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: filham on September 08, 2023, 03:51:55 PMWith speculation continuing over Palhina and Tosin it seems to me that this thread could continue up to and through the winter window.

We scuttled Palhinha's transfer because we were unable to find a suitable replacement, the chance are that he will be near retirement before we find a replacement for him.

If only Tyler Adams hadn't gone to Bournemouth, he'd have been a decent replacement at a fraction of the cost.

I Ronic

Quote from: filham on September 08, 2023, 03:51:55 PMWith speculation continuing over Palhina and Tosin it seems to me that this thread could continue up to and through the winter window.

We scuttled Palhinha's transfer because we were unable to find a suitable replacement, the chance are that he will be near retirement before we find a replacement for him.

I don't think the Club scuttled his move. Bayern left it to the last moment. How do you replace Joao? Even in January, clubs will know we are looking for a replacement and price accordingly.
   Arsenal went for Rice early. Giving Wet Spam time to find a replacement. If Bayern didn't realise how important he is to us, then they're incompetent.
   Kudos to the Chairman for not cashing in, like many would have.

filham

Quote from: I Ronic on September 09, 2023, 10:56:03 AM

So what happens in January when Bayern, Man.U., Liverpool and Spurs all make their early move , will we still say not until we find a replacement.

I don't think the Club scuttled his move. Bayern left it to the last moment. How do you replace Joao? Even in January, clubs will know we are looking for a replacement and price accordingly.
   Arsenal went for Rice early. Giving Wet Spam time to find a replacement. If Bayern didn't realise how important he is to us, then they're incompetent.
   Kudos to the Chairman for not cashing in, like many would have.

DadCreature

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 09, 2023, 10:24:43 AM

If only Tyler Adams hadn't gone to Bournemouth, he'd have been a decent replacement at a fraction of the cost.
We could have made a run at him- he had a low release clause.  But he has a history of injury problems.  I'd loved to have him in the squad, but he's a risk.

LC

Quote from: DadCreature on September 09, 2023, 10:06:19 PM

We could have made a run at him- he had a low release clause.  But he has a history of injury problems.  I'd loved to have him in the squad, but he's a risk.

I'm hoping we get Andre and I think Santiago Giménez could be a good Mitrovic replacement, although I've only seen some clips of him

St Eve

thank goodness Bournemouth got him