more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from Cardiff

Started by terryr, July 23, 2020, 10:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Its only the morning after the night before but the posts have started

" Cardiff City manager Neil Harris believes all the pressure is on Fulham in their play-off tie.
Cardiff City manager Neil Harris believes all the pressure will be on Fulham when the pair meet in the play-offs next week.

The Bluebirds ensured their spot in the post-season with a convincing 3-0 win over Hull City on Wednesday night, securing fifth place on a crazy night in which Swansea City ousted Nottingham Forest from the top six.
It means City will now face fourth-placed Fulham at Cardiff City Stadium on Monday evening before playing the return leg on Thursday for the right to feature at Wembley on August 4.
But Harris believes the pressure is firmly on Scott Parker's men with the two sides come to blows next week.
"The message is clear: we get into the play-offs when everyone else is on holiday and that's for one reason, that's to win", he said after the win over Hull. "No other reason.
"We are not going in to make the numbers up, we are going in because we deserve to be there, we deserve to be fifth in the league.
"There is a bit of pressure on us, bit there is huge pressure on Fulham playing against us - a team that should be in the Premier League, given the money they have spent and are now spending .
"We will go and enjoy it."
Talk, of course, will turn to the prospect of an all-Welsh final, given the Swans will have their own play-off tussle with Brentford.
The City boss wouldn't be drawn on a south Wales derby final, but admitted the prospect of having both rivals still in the mix in the play-offs was something he never believed was on the cards.
"I didn't see that happening, that we would both get in the play-offs," he added. "I just couldn't see it. But both Welsh clubs deserve it."
Harris, though, did have one tinge of regret following the victory against Grant McCann's side, who were relegated after the defeat.
He was sad that thousands of City fans weren't there to witness it.
"I would have liked our fans to have been there tonight," Harris said. "We would have had a sell-out tonight and they would have carried us through.
"They deserve a special mention. My message to them is have faith, because we are building.
"We have the most passionate fan base of the teams in the play-offs, but we have coped admirably well without them. We have found a way of building our own passion."
They will need that passion against Fulham, of course, and those thousands of Bluebirds fans will doubtless be cheering them on just as loudly from their sofas next week as they would if they were packed inside Cardiff City Stadium."

"Fulham unfortunately are the team I did not want to play. I would have been far happier playing a less experienced Brentford who have just missed out on automatic. In my view whoever wins this game will get promoted. Read the Fulham forum and they already think they are in the final. They are unbelievably disrespectful and arrogant. City in the last three games have really improved and whilst underdogs we quietly can cause a surprise. Lets hope a lady luck shines on City this time."

" We have a very recent example of how this might go, so im not surprised Fulham fans are confident.
I thought we played well in fairness, gave away a sloppy needless goal from a penalty, and we hopefully wont be making mistakes like that again.
Changes from that game will see Glatzel and Tomlin on from the start, and both are looking better and better for me.
For Fulham, Harrison Reed was superb when we played two weeks ago, i notice he didnt play last night so not sure if injured. Cairney is obviously a different player but i think we will get more opportunities without reed in the team
Pack will, imo be back on the bench, with Ralls and Vaulks in the middle.
For Fulham bobby reid probably wont start considering how well Kabano has been the last couple of games."

" Draw the home leg and win away,we are the in form team.
Come on City."

" This is probably the game nobody wanted . Much prefer to play West Brom or Brentford.
The winner of this game goes on to win the play offs and promotion in my opinion.
Brentford are spent and Swansea are beatable.
We need to attack them this time, if we play like a few weeks ago it will be over first leg"

" More than happy to have these posh Tory wannabes. Let's give it to them"

Arter and Reid

"I hate it when we come up against ex-players, will they have an impact?"

" Dont mind arter. He was never really ours and gave 100% when he was with us on loan.
Reid however.... I'd love us to get promoted for many reasons including him having another season in the championship!"

" Agree on both counts,Reid engineering his exit did it for me."

" Yeah, also agree.
No ill feeling towards Arter. Always gave 100% and one of our best players last season. We might have stood a chance of keeping him if Scott Parker didn't go to Fulham - think they're related.
Decordova-Reid is different though, the way he departed the club definitely left a bitter taste in the mouth.
Reid played very well against us a few weeks ago while Arter was sent off when we played them at home - be interesting to see how it goes with both of them in these two games."

" This might have helped if the fans were there, they would have both got some stick and we could have put them off their game, but on the otherwise a lot of our players look much better without our fans pressure so maybe we are still better off?"

" Brentford - Might be too much to pick themselves up but still one of the best sides in the division.
Fulham - Looked that much better than us although Brentford have already done them twice this year.
Cardiff - Looked that much worse than Fulham but have been able to beat the top teams this year.
Swansea - Will be on a high but one of our Swansea correspondents reckons they're rubbish.
Difficult to call but I'd say Fulham at the moment, and will probably be wrong given this barmy league."

" We are definitely the form team out of the four, City v Brentford final I reckon, we drew 2-2 at home and only lost 2-1 at their place and their recent form has been terrible, we must have a real chance. Would have never thought we would be in this position when football restarted.
Well done the players and we'll done the new Neil"

" We do have momentum, but so do Fulham and they have a recent 2-0 win over us in the memory bank."

" Swansea will beat Brentford, hopefully they'll lose to Fulham in the final."

" I watched some of the Brentford game last night and they look spent. They werent zipping the ball around like they usually do and bottom of the table Barnsley looked like being the winners if anyone was going to win even after Brentfords equaliser and that proved to be the case. Pressure has weighed heavy on them and the kick in the bollocks they must have got when they got off the pitch and realised if theyd won they would have been automatically promoted could prove a huge factor. Their manager doesnt have long to get them over the disappointment.

Swansea on the other hand go flying into the play-offs and, much like us, its a free hit for them. I hope im wrong but it wont surprise me if Swansea turn them over.
Ironically all the talk has been of us avoiding Brentford in the semis but now we have avoided them I think we have the more difficult tie. Fulham are in very decent form themselves and being brutally honest when they turned it up at their place recenlty they had a bit too much quality for us. That said all the pressure is on Fulham to get back to the PL with the money they've spent and id much rather play them in the semi than the big pitch at Wembley where they could pass us to death and tire us out.
The last time there was a potential meeting of us v Jacks in a play-off final (1997) we didnt keep up our end of the bargain. Hopefully roles will be reversed this time. If we do get through the semis on the one hand I think we would have more chance of beating Swansea than Brentford if they get their confidence back but im not sure my ticker could take a play-off final against them."

" So what's it's going to be then?

"I'll go first.
Final - Fulham v Swansea
Winners - Fulham"

" Brentford to make it against us in the final."

There will, I'm sure, be more to come and I'll post as and when.
[/b]

updated below

If we are fortunate enough to get past Fulham

and thats a big if, considering they beat us only a few weeks ago, who would you rather play in the final, and why?
Personally, i'm not too confident of us beating Fulham over 2 games, but if we do, i'd rather play Brentford. I think it would be the tougher game, but if we were to suffer the disappointment of another play off final defeat, it would be a right kick in the balls to see the rats go up instead."

" Not got a good feeling about Fulham, would rather be playing Brentford. I think the Jacks will definitely get to the final, no pressure on them at all, just happy to have made it to 6th!!"

" Fulham are not looking forward to playing us over two legs that's for sure, I think Harris will do a number on Parker."

" WHEN, not if
Where's this "love in" for Fulham, come from !!!!
I suppose I'm in a majority of one, when I say, "I thought we were unlucky 2 weeks ago"
Before their centre forward (not attempting his name ), got shot in our box, we had had a few chances to score ourselves.
After the penaty, they had a brief 5 minutes of "look how good we are, passing back & fore, on the half way line".
We then hit the crossbar, they never. Apart from (let's go for it), Milofovic moaning to the Ref, about everything, they never really troubled us, until a lucky deflection, put the ball at the feet of one of their players in our box.
Did they have any further REAL attempts on our goal, BIG FAT NO, is the answer.
We should have had a pelanty, for a trip on Ward (Sky pundits, not me), and we finished strong.
We have a manager now, who instead of "biging" up the enemy, talks about "what we can do to them"
With the right, STRONG REFEREE, we're going to batter 'um
F *cking "tippy tappy", love-in !!!!!
F *cking "MAN-UP"

" There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that we'll beat Fulham. They are ridiculously overrated."

" It will be an interesting encounter. Fulham have arguably done the bare minimum expected of them this season, for me - and I imagine to their management and fan base - they've underachieved.
In contrast city are the opposite and will go into these games thinking of them as a free hit. I sensed a bit more grit and savviness from Fulham in our last encounter with them and expect something more of a chess match perhaps in these fixtures.
I think the Brentford / jacks games could be the most entertaining out of the two sets of semis. But you never know how nerves will go once the cup-like mentality sets in.
I feel much more comfortable (if that's the word) about meeting the jacks in the final should we both get there. Perhaps it's the lack of expectation and even lack of supporters meaning it may not feel as hyped as it would have felt the last time it could've happened with all the logistical nonsense that would have to be considered that would've sensationalised it further."

" I'd prefer Brentford all day long. As much as I detest the jacks and smashing them in the final would be amazing - imagine it went the other way though!! It Would be worse than the Blackpool final.
To be honest Fulham are no mugs so getting past them will be tricky however neither are we and I do fancy us to beat them over 2 legs. So really hoping if we do get to the final that it's Brentford and not the stinky 6 fingered yellow teethed shell suit gippos from down west!! My nerves wouldn't cope."

" Out of the four teams in the play offs Fulham fans would probably want to face us more than any of the other teams."

" Out of the 4 teams they'd probably like to face themselves - then they'd definitely get through..."

" In some ways the fact that Fulham have come out on top in the 2 league games may well work in City's favor. Fulham will probably set up the same again whereas Harris will have had 2 [2?] games to work out a different plan. I think Fulham will be strong favorites, but Harris is the sharper manager IMHO."

" Doesn't matter really, both will be tough tough matches as will Fulham before. We deserve to be where we are and have a good chance if we turn up.
The thought of losing to Swansea in the final would be awful but turned around what a day it would be if we beat them to go up.
Fulham first though, they are undoubtedly favorites and have been so far the better team.
There's pressure on all teams, I don't think Swansea will be just relaxed because they didn't expect 6th, they are there because they did enough and have worked all season for that. 3 games from the Premier league, each game brings pressure."

" I think Fulham are marginal favourites with a slightly better and much more expensive squad, but if we get past them I doubt it will be down to fortune.
Our form post-lockdown is better than Fulham and Neil Harris has shown himself to be a better tactician and game manager than Scott Parker.
Both sides have momentum and confidence, and it will probably be fine margins that decides who goes through.
If we get to a final I would prefer to face Swansea (and win!) than Brentford. Brentford have fallen apart in the last few games, but if they get through a two leg semi-final they will be back to the team everyone feared less than 2 weeks ago. BMW on fire!"

" Who knows with Brentford, they essentially had two cup finals and in my opinion completely bottled it. As did Wba really, just slightly less so.
If they turn up though their goal difference alone shows they are the far more exciting team to watch."

" We drew with them at home. Mitrovic equalised on the stroke of half time."

"I suppose I'm in a majority of one, when I say, "I thought we were unlucky 2 weeks ago"
We then hit the crossbar, they never. Apart from (let's go for it), Milofovic moaning to the Ref, about everything, they never really troubled us, until a lucky deflection, put the ball at the feet of one of their players in our box.
Did they have any further REAL attempts on our goal, BIG FAT NO, is the answer."

" I think you must have been pissed when you were watching this game.
Don't remember Smithies making a brilliant save from Reid, pushing the ball onto the bar in the process? Don't remember Reid missing a close-range sitter shortly afterwards? Don't remember Nelson giving away a blatant penalty that the referee somehow missed?
Fulham had seven shots on target. City had one. After the game Harris said: "The difference tonight is that they were better than us in both penalty areas." He was right. Fulham were comfortably the better side. That doesn't mean to say the same will be true on Monday and I hope it isn't, but City were well beaten a fortnight ago."

" He's right in saying Mitro was crap but agree with the rest of your post.
I've watched Fulham a few times this season, sometimes brilliant sometimes average
We got a chance but I would say 7/10 games they would beat us"

" Last year when we were both going for promotion wasn't one of their fans a regular on here - fulham traveller or something like that?"

I'll check back and update as and when.

UPDATED BELOW

Score Predictions

"First game Cardiff 2-1 a late goal from Ward
second game 2-2 Cardiff coming from behind twice to take the tie "

" I got a £10 bet on for Cardiff to win 2-0 so praying that happens."

" 1-1 home leg then I fancy City to win 2-1 at the Cottage."

" It's going to be a bit different with no crowds the away 2nd leg is much less of an advantage, I'm really looking forward to all of these five games whether we are involved in them all or not, although fingers crossed we are!"

" We will sneak it by a goal over the two legs maybe 2-1 or 3-2"

" Cardiff 0-0 Fulham
Fulham 2-0 Cardiff
Brentford 2 v 2 Fulham (Fulham win on penalties) Final

" I was thinking the reverse tbh,but will take 1-0 over 2 legs of boring football"

" Cardiff 2 - 1 Fulham
Fulham 2 - 1 Cardiff
Cardiff score last gasp winner ET ... Hoilett to put us through"

" Cardiff 0 - 1 Fulham
Fulham 1 - 1 Cardiff
Fulham 2 - 1 Brentford 0"

" Fulham to beat both Welsh teams.
Hope I'm wrong"

" Cardiff 0 Fulham 0
Fulham 0 Cardiff 0
I'm not going to watch the pens."

" Now,now fellow 62r ! Don't believe the hype, we are going to win the play offs!! :roll: did you see cairneys interview!!!! " fulham or Brentford in the final" Let's make him eat his words city! Cheeky cut"

" No I didn't see that. Can you pop a link up? "

" Cardiff

Cardiff 3-0 Hull (22/7)
Middlesbrough 1-3 Cardiff (18/7)
Cardiff 2-1 Derby (14/7)
Fulham 2-0 Cardiff (10/7)
Cardiff 2-0 Blackburn (07/7)

Fulham

Wigan 1-1 Fulham (22/7)
Fulham 5-3 Sheffield Wednesday (18/7)
West Brom 0-0 Fulham (14/7)
Fulham 2-0 Cardiff (10/7)
Nottingham Forest 0-1 Fulham (07/7)

" City 2-0
First leg
Fulham 2-1 2nd leg...
Brentford v city final
Brentford 3-1"

" I think the most important thing Monday is that we do not lose . I wonder if Vaulks will come back into start in place of Tomlin who needs to be wrapped in cotton wool due to ongoing injury problems. I also wonder if Paterson will start. His height may just cause a few problems to Fulham.
Smithies
Bacuna
Morrison
Nelson
Bennett
Vaults
Ralls
Pack
NML
Paterson
Junior"

" I just saw the Kieffer Moore goal on quest I think Fulham can't handle crosses coming in to the back post so Patterson could be a good shout."

" We can't cross and he can't header."

" Paterson's height (he's not very tall btw) did nothing against Fulham 2 weeks ago, we were terrible with him up front. How many goals has he actually scored from crosses this season anyway? I'd be surprised if he's managed one

For me it has to be

Smithies
Bacuna Nelson Morrison Bennett
Vaulks Ralls
NML Tomlin Hoilett
Glatzel
Ideally I'd like to see Murphy start but he's not a right winger and Hoillet seems to grab a goal at important times so I think he should start instead"

" Glatzel's improvement since the restart has been noticeable. I still don't think he's the answer, especially if we got promotion, but he's been streets ahead of Paterson, who has been absolutely abysmal since returning from lockdown. If we're looking to pass the ball around, Paterson is about as natural a striker as Robert Earnshaw is a goalkeeper. In fact, the more we move towards a passing game, the less Paterson fits the system. If we play long ball and want someone to ruffle a few feathers and win plenty of headers for a static midfield to fail to pick up second balls, then Pato is your man."

" We need to get in front, think the first goal is so important for both sides as both teams but especially us, like to play on the break. Fulham go one up we find it hard to break the better teams down. Likewise we go ahead and we become a difficult team to play against with our pace on the break"

" Play Offs home advantage second leg
If it exists, surely it's now gone.
Does that mean the usual plan of keep it tight in the first game and win it in the second has gone out the window?
Slightly unfair on Fulham and Brentford but if it was there the table standings probably would have looked different anyway"

" Still your home ground, Griffin Park and Craven Cottage are probably two of the more unique grounds but yea without fans I don't think the advantage is anywhere near as profound.
With fans though as you say the table is completely different so it is what it is."

" Over the last 10 years, 34 teams playing home in the second leg made the final, 26 playing away in the second leg made the final (that's across all 3 divisions). I agree with you, there's not that much of an advantage. If the team playing home in the first leg can grab a win, it forces the other team to chase the second leg in front of frustrated home fans.

Over the last decade, 22 sides have won their first leg at home. Only 4 times have those sides not made the final. Never, in the last decade, has a side winning the first leg by 2 or more goals not made the final.

That means 82% of sides winning at home in the first leg make the final. If the first leg is a draw, the home side in the second leg makes the final 71% of the time. If the home side in the second leg has won away in the first leg, they make the final 88% of the time. Only Leeds last season and Burton in 2013 blew it at home after winning away in the first leg (since 2009, it happened slighly more often before that).
85% of teams who win the first leg make the final. That surprised me."

" Us watching them Watching Us

" To be expected. I'm surprised many of them seem so nervous though. I guess that's just football. I thought they bossed us all over the park last time we played them. If I was interested in having a bet, I'd probably throw some money on them to get promoted. I still think anything can happen though. Come on City!"

" I see they've not taken being called Tory wannabees too well"

" Kind of respect them for that to be fair"

" I wonder which upsets them the most. Tory? Or wannabe? :doh:"

" Not sure, but getting hold of coal and an amenable sheep is getting tricky these days!" :023:

" Wannabee I should imagine, they're furious we've cast aspersions on their true blue credentials

The "we're not Tories" argument is being undermined somewhat by the anti-Welsh comments throughout the thread"

" I don't get this ...Lots of other fans seem to think that Cardiff city are a horrible little club full of violent lunatics. It's my understanding that city have turned that image around and become a family club that welcomes opposing fans with open arms. Am i deluded?"

" To be fair in 1993 when half of south wales invaded craven cottage , invaded the pitch and had to be calmed down by eddie may and neil kinnock , it didnt do a lot for cross border relations"

" That was a mad day. No wonder some think we are violent nutters (...I thought the same coming away from that match) . Long time ago though."

" I have no idea why it happened , fulham have never had a reputation , maybe it was chelsea fans
It was quite embarrassing to see"

"First game of the season.
We'd been promoted the year before.
London.
Sun was shining.
Big City support with lots of headers.
Rumours flying about.
City in their end.
Always likely to happen at that time."
The plus was City won in style."

"Alcohol and cocaine"

" Drugs of choice that day were lager, speed, LSD and ecstasy. Believe me, I know."

" "Diddy" David Hamilton a radio one DJ at the time went on the pitch during the break and berated the appalling behaviour of the city fans.
Only to be drowned out by chants of "You short bastard, You short bastard!"
(He was little see)"

" Fulham are the working class team of south west london , chelsea are for all the tory voters and neo nazis"

" No it's not."

" It's time for action , stand up city and give those ponces from the kings road a bloody leathering
Let's bloody have it
Kayrdiff !"

" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmqpkFuJ1qM"

" Are we playing Chelsea, then, Sludge? Craven Cottage is on Stevenage Road."

" Lets batter the Jeremy's and then batter the jacks"

" 2-1 to city at home,and a 1-1 draw at theirs,and for added edge,Smithies saves a penalty from Mitrovic in the last minutes of the game!!"

"Junior Hoilett believes Cardiff City's impressive centre-half pairing Curtis Nelson and Sean Morrison will be equipped to deal with the threat of Aleksandar Mitrovic in the play-off semi-final.
The Serb has been in incredible form this season, having scored 26 goals and played a huge part in dragging Fulham to within touching distance of automatic promotion.
The striker scored both in the draw at Cardiff City Stadium at the beginning of the season and from the penalty spot at Craven Cottage two weeks ago in the Cottagers' 2-0 win.
But while a lot of talk will doubtless surround the threat the towering striker poses to the Bluebirds' play-off final chances over the coming week, Hoilett thinks Mitrovic will fear the prospect of coming up against City's in-form centre backs.
"Morrison and Nelson have been fantastic all year round," Hoilett said. "I'm sure they are ready and Mitrovic is fearing them as well.
"They just have to keep playing the way they've been playing recently and we'll be fine. They've been solid at the back and, with support around them, they'll be fine."
It's clear Mitrovic will be the main focus of Cardiff's defensive efforts in the build-up to Monday night's clash at Cardiff City Stadium, but City manager Neil Harris also backs his defence to stand firm against the task.
"I look at my team to deal with their strengths." Harris said. "I look to my centre-halves to deal with Mitrovic, my full-backs to deal with their wide players and my midfielders to come out on top in the middle.
"He is a good number nine at this level - at Premier League level - and I think he'll get better. But we have got the ability and know-how to deal with him. I hope!"
At the other end of the pitch, though, City have been free-flowing.
They have scored eight goals in their last three games and Hoilett himself has looked particularly threatening, having netted three times in the nine games since lockdown.
Harris said Hoilett probably benefited most from the three-month break from football, given the sheer volume of game time he has had under his belt in the last few years.
So, what was they key to the player's rejuvenation? What did he do to recharge the batteries when the country ground to a halt owing to Covid-19?
"I did absolutely nothing!" he laughed "I just used the moment to relax. I have been playing a lot of football with the club and national team.
"It was nice to recoup, relax and get ready to hit the ground running.
It helped me to get back into the form I'm used to. It'll be great if I can use that form in the next two games and get the team to Wembley."
If the team do get to Wembley, of course, they could well face arch-rivals Swansea City, who play their own play-off semi-final against Brentford this weekend.
There are a lot of ifs and buts before that happens, of course, but even Hoilett couldn't deny himself a smile when asked if he would fancy facing the old enemy on Tuesday, August 4.
"Of course!" he said when asked if he would relish the rivalry. "Why not?
"It could be a south Wales derby final at Wembley, a pity there's no fans there but that would be a great match.
"For that to be the match to decide who goes to the Premier League would be a massive game and a fantastic game for the players and the fans."
But, as we all know, there is the small matter of Fulham and Brentford in the way of that happening."

I'll have a quick look tomorrow if there's anything more of interest

Slaphead in Qatar

We are apparently arrogant about our chances against Cardiff. I haven't seen that on this forum since last night.

And we are apparently posh Tory wannabes.

I myself am a bit concerned - Cardiff may turn us over.

FFC1987

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on July 23, 2020, 10:54:40 AM
We are apparently arrogant about our chances against Cardiff. I haven't seen that on this forum since last night.

I'd be interested to hear what forum he was reading to suggest we're massively confident.....I'm certainly not!

ByTheRiver

"posh Tory wannabes" is the most offensive part of this.

Other than that, they seem a good bunch. It will be a tough, tough game over both legs.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 23, 2020, 10:56:43 AM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on July 23, 2020, 10:54:40 AM

I'd be interested to hear what forum he was reading to suggest we're massively confident.....I'm certainly not!
im confident. Cardiff are poor and we have kamara and reed back
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamfever

Cardiff 0-2 Fulham
Fulham 3-1 Cardiff

Heard it here first

Twig

Posh Tory wanabees is just crude stereotyping.  I guess if you are from Cardiff then you may have a very limited understanding of the Fulham area and the demographics of our support base.

As to being arrogant about the result, I have seen nothing of that on this or other FFC forums. I suspect it was just a fabricated comment.

St Eve

One of the most dislikable teams in the league. I remember their fans fighting at the cottage years ago. One of the worst scenes I have seen at CC. We are the better team but will we play to the level we can? Seldom have we done that this season

PaulJ123

Think Cardiff is the worst of the teams we could've got. I know we beat them but if the score first, we won't break them down as we can't cope with teams sitting back.

Bad feeling about this one.

fulhamben

Quote from: PaulJ123 on July 23, 2020, 11:40:24 AM
Think Cardiff is the worst of the teams we could've got. I know we beat them but if the score first, we won't break them down as we can't cope with teams sitting back.

kebano is on fire and kamara is back. We've got this
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC1987

This tie feels very Reading under Stam to me......

Woolly Mammoth

Gents let me reassure you that I cannot see us losing either match, no matter how well they play, and they are definitely one of the most dog end clubs and supporters around.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

I am not being arrogant as I know how tough the play offs are but we have an advantage to be playing the first leg away. We have an advantage at the size of our squad and the quality of our players. We will be very professional and give it our best shot over two legs. We are also on a 7 match unbeaten run against quality teams including Cardiff

Bocanegra

They always play terrible football. Hopefully we consign them to the Championship for the foreseeable future.

Statto

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 23, 2020, 12:38:23 PM

Yep, and that showed how you can be undone by a bad referee's decision in the play-offs.

IMO we couldn't have asked for a better draw. From Cardiff, Swansea and Brentford, we got the team that's probably the weakest and will suit us best tactically. I suspect that's why some people are happy or even quietly confident. But it doesn't mean we're cocky or complacent. For my part, I'm so nervous, I may not even watch the first leg, despite having Sky Sports. Not sure I can handle it. I may just do some exercise or something relaxing and google the final score when the game is over!

Slaphead in Qatar

That's what I am thinking

F(f)CUK

Neil Harris was the manager of the Millwall team that put in the most inept performance that I have seen for a long long time. Their team seemed scared. Let's hope he can manage his Cardiff team in the same manner.

Moltobueno

So they consider themselves in form team while their game plan is relying on long throw-ins.  1500.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Statto on July 23, 2020, 01:24:39 PM

Yep, and that showed how you can be undone by a bad referee's decision in the play-offs.

IMO we couldn't have asked for a better draw. From Cardiff, Swansea and Brentford, we got the team that's probably the weakest and will suit us best tactically. I suspect that's why some people are happy or even quietly confident. But it doesn't mean we're cocky or complacent. For my part, I'm so nervous, I may not even watch the first leg, despite having Sky Sports. Not sure I can handle it. I may just do some exercise or something relaxing and google the final score when the game is over!

I shall send you an update every five minutes and you will thank me for it. No matter how well they will play, we will play better.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

sunburywhite

"posh Tory wannabes"

What stereotyping from the coal munching sheep shaggers
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me