watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A lot of Fulham fans are slagging off Hector

Started by The Swan, September 19, 2020, 05:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Ageroad

We were raving about him when he joined in January and I think he was one of the key players to get us promoted. Unfortunately, as mentioned by me on a previous subject, he has never played in PL and is probably now being found out. Just hope he improves over the coming games.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on September 19, 2020, 08:31:00 PM
We were raving about him when he joined in January and I think he was one of the key players to get us promoted. Unfortunately, as mentioned by me on a previous subject, he has never played in PL and is probably now being found out. Just hope he improves over the coming games.

Games he would take in the championship will get him caught out in the Prem.   He also needs to work on defending set pieces.  I mean SERIOUSLY.   He's tall...he's gotta do better.

General

Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 19, 2020, 08:11:42 PM
Quote from: Bryanthebroom on September 19, 2020, 05:23:19 PM
The missed header was one thing, but he just appeared to lose all composure/his mind for their third. No idea what he was trying to do.

The first goal was really Reed's fault. He flailed in the air and Hector's clearing header smacked into Harrison's back. Hector maybe could have attacked it better, but slagging him for that is a little unfair. He had plenty of worse plays to criticize lol

Sorry I don't see it that way. Watched it back a few times. Hector was rash. He got in the way of Harrison last minute in an attempt to head the ball but at a height he could've tried to put his body in the way. He simply lost his head and contributed to chaotic scenes.

Matt10

I still like him, but he needs to work on 2 things:

1. Stop pressing so high, he's exposing our defense - and the PL shows no mercy.

2. Calm down on set pieces. Have some pride in defending them again.

Hoping those are two simple things that he can work on. Only matches will answer those questions, and unfortunately it's going to be a while till we feel better about him.

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: The Swan on September 19, 2020, 05:18:11 PM
I have not seen any of the game yet. It seems as if Hector had a nightmare. Did he miss Tim Ream today.
Hector has always been my star man in our defence  and I always slagged off Ream.
Did Ream make Hector look good.
I do hope that Hector puts this bad game behind him and back to his normal great display.
Hec Odoi and Bryan were poor

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

bahay18

some of his decisions have been poor . Look at arsenals 3rd goal and leeds 3rd goal . On both occasions hector is trying to win balls on the half way line near the touch line.no need for him to do that , stay in the middle Hec .

ScalleysDad

Quote from: bahay18 on September 19, 2020, 11:24:40 PM
some of his decisions have been poor . Look at arsenals 3rd goal and leeds 3rd goal . On both occasions hector is trying to win balls on the half way line near the touch line.no need for him to do that , stay in the middle Hec .

I think that sort of decision making is what SP is alluding to in his red light bulb analogy. The poor decision is compounded ten fold by his lack of resolve to fix it. Some bold decisions by SP yesterday, I wonder if Ream becomes the lynch pin for Villa and Hector sits it out.

Motspur Park

All I can say is that the criticism is totally justified.

Statto

Quote from: ScalleysDad on September 20, 2020, 09:55:08 AM
Quote from: bahay18 on September 19, 2020, 11:24:40 PM

I think that sort of decision making is what SP is alluding to in his red light bulb analogy. The poor decision is compounded ten fold by his lack of resolve to fix it. Some bold decisions by SP yesterday, I wonder if Ream becomes the lynch pin for Villa and Hector sits it out.

Just said something similar on the other thread about the red light bulb comment.

But if Hector sits out the next game, that's 3 different CB combinations in  3 games. That's 2018 all over again.

You cannot make a good CB pairing from 4 crap (maybe 1 average) CBs no matter how you swap them around.

If we lose to Villa, TK has the blood of our PL status on his hands again, for putting us in this position again.

Whitestone

Quote from: Matt10 on September 19, 2020, 08:41:53 PM

1. Stop pressing so high, he's exposing our defense - and the PL shows no mercy.

Hoping those are two simple things that he can work on. Only matches will answer those questions, and unfortunately it's going to be a while till we feel better about him.

This sums it up nicely and both minor issues that can be eliminated. Not sure why he has been missing his headers at set pieces lately. Maybe he should focus on the ball rather than the player which I thought was an issue in the Arsenal match.

sonnyjim

The problem is Dennis Odoi, he isn't good enough in right back let alone CB. Out of position a lot of the time and can't make a tackle. Why we let Cyrus Christie go instead of him has me scratching my head.

Tabby

Quote from: Sonnyjim on September 20, 2020, 12:55:51 PM
The problem is Dennis Odoi, he isn't good enough in right back let alone CB. Out of position a lot of the time and can't make a tackle. Why we let Cyrus Christie go instead of him has me scratching my head.

Would you have preferred Christie at CB?

Matt10

Quote from: Whitestone on September 20, 2020, 10:22:06 AM
Quote from: Matt10 on September 19, 2020, 08:41:53 PM

This sums it up nicely and both minor issues that can be eliminated. Not sure why he has been missing his headers at set pieces lately. Maybe he should focus on the ball rather than the player which I thought was an issue in the Arsenal match.

Good point. He has been focused heavily on the physicality of the players on him. It's just strange and unexpected.

At least he's getting all the bad out of the way now. Let's hope it gets sorted. I'm still positive because we made a comeback.

sonnyjim

Quote from: Tabby on September 20, 2020, 12:58:11 PM

No of course not. We should of bought a centre back and if we were gonna loan someone out it should of been Odoi, not Christie. He's a better player. So was Fredericks.

Odoi has something over the club, I don't know what it is but it must be something big for him to still be getting picked in the team every week.

Woolly Mammoth

In the absence of an orthodox Centre Half, let us not be too harsh on Michael Hector. If he had a decent partner in the middle with him he would and should be more solid and not prone to recent errors.
If you play with better players you will play better yourself.
Unfortunately Khan Junior wouldn't recognise a good player let alone a centre back even if he tripped over one.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

Hector spread confidence amongst  his fellow defenders when he came in, and there was an immediate improvement.

Now, he seems nervous himself, faced with the superior Prem strikers - with their speed and physicality.

Also, there's not just one or two threats in Prem teams up front, but  very player poses a threat , and the way they move the ball, with such pace, and their incisive running from midfield, is hard to deal with when  you're not used to it.

I feel it's unfair to  criticise Hector so  vitriolically - I'm sure he'd doing his best, but is struggling like all our defenders. Not their fault though, or the manager's, or recruitment - who I think do their best to get the right players in.

I think Hector could well do better  as he gets used to the pace of the Prem, and will adapt, especially if he has a strong cb  beside him.

Give him a break, all the vicious criticism , which can seem personal, won't help him.
same for all our players - they can adapt, but we don't want to become too adrift, or confidence can drain.

I do think the  right reinforcements are needed, and defence is obviously the area we really need help with, though we could also use a pacey creative/goalscorer  to help mitro up front.

Moltobueno

It more seems like he's given instructions to mark opponent instead of holding position at times - Arsenals 3rd goal he followed Lacazette half the pitch, noticed the same with Bamford a few times.

I'm really a big fan of him and admit he should have performed better in the last two games but can't really take all the criticism as a true fact as some people here are moaning about his smile (like really  :62:)

Tabby

Quote from: Sonnyjim on September 20, 2020, 03:08:30 PM
Quote from: Tabby on September 20, 2020, 12:58:11 PM

No of course not. We should of bought a centre back and if we were gonna loan someone out it should of been Odoi, not Christie. He's a better player. So was Fredericks.

Odoi has something over the club, I don't know what it is but it must be something big for him to still be getting picked in the team every week.

The simple explanation is that Odoi can cover CB and Christie can't. So I don't understand why anyone is surprised when we've signed two new right backs.

alfie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 20, 2020, 03:14:19 PM
In the absence of an orthodox Centre Half, let us not be too harsh on Michael Hector. If he had a decent partner in the middle with him he would and should be more solid and not prone to recent errors.
If you play with better players you will play better yourself.
Unfortunately Khan Junior wouldn't recognise a good player let alone a centre back even if he tripped over one.

Disagree a bit with that, he is the one that didn't do better with the first goal, nothing to do with any other player, and when he decided to go charging out to half way line he left his area completely open.
I said a while ago that there is a reason he has had 13 clubs, and his mistakes are beginning to show.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

WindyCity

**Yawn**...........Nothing really new here, is there?  We all knew:

1)   We need at least one prem quality CB, if not two.

2)   Hector is having his first taste at top flight.  Will he be good enough and able to adapt, learn, improve his game with more play?

Sadly, these next few games ahead would appear to be games in which we can compete and pick up points, but we are shipping 3.5 goals per game on average so far.  FFC needs points while the schedule favors.  Or we will be woefully lost before any new acquisitions can help the cause.