watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brighton vs Palace tonight

Started by Fulham 442, February 22, 2021, 01:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milis

2 shots on target and 2 goals? Brighton had 25 shots and 5 on target...

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on February 22, 2021, 10:07:14 PM
Sounds like a bonkers result, will.look for the video highlights later...if we beat Palace in the next game we are only 7 points behind them so still within reach, just.

at 32 points with 13 games to play, would take some implosion to get relegated from there. Think its between the bottom 6 now... or 7 if Saints lose there next 4 games, which weirdly are all away from home.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on February 22, 2021, 10:07:14 PM
Sounds like a bonkers result, will look for the video highlights later...if we beat Palace in the next game we are only 7 points behind them so still within reach, just.

Also the kind of result against play that could hugely deflate Brighton.

These are the wins they keep trash teams in the premier league.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Dodgin

Statto

Palace now have the same number of points (and more wins) in their last 6 games than we do

And yet some think they're in freefall and we're in the ascendancy

Go figure

Palace will finish above Brighton, Southampton and us

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on February 22, 2021, 10:19:48 PM
Palace now have the same number of points (and more wins) in their last 6 games than we do

Go figure

Apart from Southampton part, I agree.

Woolly Mammoth

It's a funny old game football, so unpredictable which makes it a fascinating spectacle when players are not busy cheating, conning referees, diving and feigning injury and shamelessly trying to get opponents sent off.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Blawarmy

Quote from: Statto on February 22, 2021, 10:19:48 PM

Go figure

We have to beat them on Sunday though to keep the pressure on those above us. I hope wiley old Roy doesn't do a number on us. We didn't have the maestro Andersen in the last fixture and Harrison only came on for the last 10 minutes. Hopefully they'll make a big difference and Josh will grab a couple more valuable away goals. [emoji1694]

Baszab

Best result for us
Palace were never realistically in the mix
Hopefully they can relax a bit now

bencher

Are Brighton too good to go down?

Every time I watch them I am genuinely impressed. They are basically us but about 5-10% better, which you'd expect from being in the PL for a few years.

They can give any team a good game, but they lack the killer instinct. If we manage to stay up, I'd prefer it to be at the expense of Newcastle, but honestly it matters not, as long as we survive.

bog

Brighton fans must be absolutely gutted, imagine if this was us? I think they play good football and their manager is very down to earth. Of all them Magpies to slip through the relegation door. Come on you Wolves!    :clap_hands:

092.gif

Statto

Quote from: bencher on February 23, 2021, 08:36:29 AM

Every time I watch them I am genuinely impressed. They are basically us but about 5-10% better, which you'd expect from being in the PL for a few years.

They can give any team a good game, but they lack the killer instinct. If we manage to stay up, I'd prefer it to be at the expense of Newcastle, but honestly it matters not, as long as we survive.

I actually think Burnley are the worst of the teams around us. They have a poor team, play poor football, and seem to have no ambition beyond finishing 17th each year. Say what you want about Newcastle but they're a massive club who could break into the top 10 if they were run well for a few years. Brighton, Palace and Southampton can all play tidy football on their day. So can we. But Burnley... nah

Blawarmy

Quote from: Statto on February 23, 2021, 11:09:30 AM

I actually think Burnley are the worst of the teams around us. They have a poor team, play poor football, and seem to have no ambition beyond finishing 17th each year. Say what you want about Newcastle but they're a massive club who could break into the top 10 if they were run well for a few years. Brighton, Palace and Southampton can all play tidy football on their day. So can we. But Burnley... nah
Dyche is an amazing manager. How he manages to keep them up year after year is nothing short of a miracle.

bencher

I'm not convinced of this. Yes, Newcastle is a large one-club city and they have great potential. But, lots of "big clubs" have been through relegation. Leeds are no different. Man City spent several years outside the PL. It doesn't matter, what matters is are you a good side, and for my money Brighton are comfortably better than Newcastle, in all ways apart from nicking wins. Burnley are a much better football team than people give them credit for. It may not be tiki-taka but it's not Crazy Gang long ball either. It's playing to their strengths, and it works well enough to win enough football matches to stay up quite comfortably each year.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: bencher on February 23, 2021, 12:11:29 PM

I'm not convinced of this. Yes, Newcastle is a large one-club city and they have great potential. But, lots of "big clubs" have been through relegation. Leeds are no different. Man City spent several years outside the PL. It doesn't matter, what matters is are you a good side, and for my money Brighton are comfortably better than Newcastle, in all ways apart from nicking wins. Burnley are a much better football team than people give them credit for. It may not be tiki-taka but it's not Crazy Gang long ball either. It's playing to their strengths, and it works well enough to win enough football matches to stay up quite comfortably each year.
Got to agree here... I couldn't watch Burnley football week in week out, but they play to their limited strengths and over a season they capture enough points to stay up...  let's just hope we can get past Newcastle...COYW  ⚽️⚽️
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Statto

I'm not disputing that Burnley "play to their strengths" but I'm not sure why that's treated as an admirable or redeeming characteristic. They can't play good football, so "playing to their strengths" means fouling, diving and stopping the opposition from playing, reducing what might have been a spectacular display of footballing talent to a contest that will be decided on a mistake by a player, a mistake by the ref, or a fluke going their way.

filham

Well Palace clear of a relegation fight and should be relaxed playing at home on Sunday, not sure whether or not that improves their chances for a good performance.
No doubt though it is yet another big fight for us with the usual struggle to score but Parker has had a full week on the training ground with only Cairney and Mitro missing.  We must be in with a chance of those valuable points coming our way.