watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

That was awful

Started by ChesterTheTabby, November 27, 2021, 02:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

I'm going to chalk it up to a 48 hour rest period, Norovirus throughout the team, an Away game no less, and all teams go through these moments.

PNE deserved a three points despite their goal being as obvious double handball as they come. We were lucky to not lose.

Worst game all season with the exception of Coventry.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

South Coast White

I think the sickness throughout the camp was clear today, the pace was lost, stamina was low, let's hope their all over it before Bournemouth.

Fulham 442

Quote from: South Coast White on November 27, 2021, 02:30:39 PM
I think the sickness throughout the camp was clear today, the pace was lost, stamina was low, let's hope their all over it before Bournemouth.
I hope it is all down to the remnants of the sickness in the camp and that it has completely gone by next Friday.  That made very grim viewing...

Twig

Exactly, we've got through two games without defeat while this dreadful virus has been ripping through the camp.

Syd Cupp

The lack of energy certainly took its toll after half time.
I'd have taken the point before kick off knowing the illness situation.

Sting of the North

I don't agree that PNE deserved to win. They hardly created anything at all despite being on the front foot for about an hour, just a lot of trying very little quality. They also seemed to time waste towards the end, which was strange. A draw was quite fair in my opinion. Strong showing by Fulham relatively speaking if several players were indeed feeling the effect of the virus, otherwise not impressed at all.

Luka

A double handball and an elbow into Rodaks face got Preston a very lucky point.
The Preston players behaviour and complete lack of footballing prowess means IMO they deserved nothing. Their entire game plan was to kick, push and intimadate. It was the tactics of a pub team.
The only thing they should have had was to be playing against ten men. Robinsons challenge completely cleaned out their player and was a sending off.

We had a bad day.

Bill2

Didn't see the game but was hoping for something better from Preston now they had got rid of Thugill. But sounds like they haven't will have watch the full 90 to see.

LittleErn

Quote from: Bill2 on November 27, 2021, 03:05:06 PM
Didn't see the game but was hoping for something better from Preston now they had got rid of Thugill. But sounds like they haven't will have watch the full 90 to see.

They won nearly all of the 50-50 tackles and were much stronger than us. After the first half-hour they pressed us so well that we rarely got the ball under control at the back. We were reduced to headers out or long punts - giving the ball away in most cases. Too many of our stars had an off day (maybe virus related) at the same time. Mitro was clearly at less than half the pace he has shown previously and should have been off at half-time. Wilson did very little of note. Carvalho was bullied but still created a couple of half chances. Reed's passing was abysmal and Seri was weak in the tackle. Ream and Tosin were dwelling on the ball and giving it away. The subs added nothing. Altogether a poor performance second half.

Woolly Mammoth

A very precious point, and robbed of two others. Yes the football in the second half was abysmal but we ground out a point away from home with an energy sapping virus affecting the team I am happy that we came away unbeaten.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Christ. We've been hammered by a contagious virus, lost a few key players, and people are moaning about coming away with a point.

If we can get a point in that situation, then I think we're fine for the season.

WindyCity

Poor show.  I guess we should always be happy with an away point though.  Team needs to regroup and refocus for next game.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on November 27, 2021, 03:24:41 PM
Christ. We've been hammered by a contagious virus, lost a few key players, and people are moaning about coming away with a point.

If we can get a point in that situation, then I think we're fine for the season.

It really is quite incredible, isn't it?

This has to be looked at as a good result given the circumstances. If performances like this continue then I can understand people getting a little unsettled. But to do it today knowing full well we've had no rest and with a virus tearing through the squad, is pretty sad.

filham

We thought before the start of this match that we would do well to get a point.
The big positive right now is that West Brom still need to gain ten points on us to take our promotion spot.
Lets concentrate now on getting the team fully fit and back into winning ways.

Woolly Mammoth

Both Boscombe and Bournemouth next up and hopefully we will be in better shape come Friday.
It will be a busy week no doubt preparing and conditioning.
Being on Sky Sports also all eyes will be on the match between the top two. A six pointer maybe.
Let us put them to the sword and show who the governors are.
I  expect Sky will make a big fuss with their usual razamataz.
All Fulham need to do is let Bournemouth worry about us and just concentrate on our strengths and strengthen any weaknesses.
I feel that one thing missing both today and Wednesday was somebody to put there foot on the ball, a playmaker.
But whoever the starting 11 are we need to make sure we play at our tempo and ensure they march to the beat of our drum. A win will lay down a marker as well as to continue what is an impressive unbeaten run.
We want to show if we are capable of being Champions elect these are the games we should be winning.

Never forget your Roots.

Dunstable Fulham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 27, 2021, 08:11:52 PM
Both Boscombe and Bournemouth next up and hopefully we will be in better shape come Friday.
Being on Sky Sports also all eyes will be on the match between the top two. A six pointer maybe.
All Fulham need to do is let Bournemouth worry about us and just concentrate on our strengths and strengthen any weaknesses.
I feel that one thing missing both today and Wednesday was somebody to put there foot on the ball, a playmaker.
But whoever the starting 11 are we need to make sure we play at our tempo and ensure they march to the beat of our drum. A win will lay down a marker as well as to continue what is an impressive unbeaten run.
We want to show if we are capable of being Champions elect these are the games we should be winning.

Good post - I would be tempted to bring Cairney in for Reed. Nobody dictates play like Cairney when he is on it. He needs to be fully fit and recovered though.

Mr White

Quote from: LittleErn on November 27, 2021, 03:15:51 PM
Quote from: Bill2 on November 27, 2021, 03:05:06 PM

They won nearly all of the 50-50 tackles and were much stronger than us. After the first half-hour they pressed us so well that we rarely got the ball under control at the back. We were reduced to headers out or long punts - giving the ball away in most cases. Too many of our stars had an off day (maybe virus related) at the same time. Mitro was clearly at less than half the pace he has shown previously and should have been off at half-time. Wilson did very little of note. Carvalho was bullied but still created a couple of half chances. Reed's passing was abysmal and Seri was weak in the tackle. Ream and Tosin were dwelling on the ball and giving it away. The subs added nothing. Altogether a poor performance second half.

Good summarisation Little Ern

RaySmith

Quote from: Luka on November 27, 2021, 02:53:38 PM
A double handball and an elbow into Rodaks face got Preston a very lucky point.
The Preston players behaviour and complete lack of footballing prowess means IMO they deserved nothing. Their entire game plan was to kick, push and intimadate. It was the tactics of a pub team.
The only thing they should have had was to be playing against ten men. Robinsons challenge completely cleaned out their player and was a sending off.

We had a bad day.

Agree that their goal should obviously have been disallowed, but not about Robinson - he deserved his yellow for the first  tackle, but I think a red  would have been harsh, but the ref made the right decision in the  second case - it was just a clumsy collision, with two  others involved.

I thought a good, well fought for, point, under the circumstances, and we should have had three.

RaySmith

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 27, 2021, 03:21:43 PM
A very precious point, and robbed of two others. Yes the football in the second half was abysmal but we ground out a point away from home with an energy sapping virus affecting the team I am happy that we came away unbeaten.

0001.jpeg

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Dunstable Fulham on November 27, 2021, 08:59:19 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 27, 2021, 08:11:52 PM

Good post - I would be tempted to bring Cairney in for Reed. Nobody dictates play like Cairney when he is on it. He needs to be fully fit and recovered though.

I agree

Never forget your Roots.