Started by Friendsoffulham, August 12, 2023, 02:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Your Team to face Everton today is as follows

Let us know your thoughts below

#ffc #EVEFUL

::scarf::

colossus

I was keen to see if Mitro would start, or if he wasn't in the squad at all. Now I'm just confused

demeant0r

I don't know how to attach a screenshot but Raul starts as well as Ream instead of Bassey, Cairney instead of Pereira. Mitro is on the bench as well as Bassey and Vini

alfie

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on August 12, 2023, 02:01:22 PMYour Team to face Everton today is as follows

#ffc #EVEFUL

As much as I love Ream I'm quite shocked Bassey left out.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

KJS

Looks OK, thought Bassey might start considering Reams lack of game time in pre season🤔

Lighthouse

Surprised that Ream starts. Surprised that Cairney starts. 3 forwards on the bench.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

demeant0r

This side seems pretty decent, I'm sure it's enough to beat Everton.

bog

Expected Bassey to start, but what do I know? COYW!  ::scarf:: 

demeant0r

I see the admin already posted the lineup and I don't know how to do delete this post. Can an admin delete this please?

demeant0r

One thing that I've noticed is that we have three strikers on the bench. Surely that's too many?

Sting of the North

Quote from: alfie on August 12, 2023, 02:03:01 PM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on August 12, 2023, 02:01:22 PMYour Team to face Everton today is as follows

#ffc #EVEFUL

As much as I love Ream I'm quite shocked Bassey left out.

I think it makes perfect sense if Ream is deemed fit enough. Maybe last weekend have a sufficient answer to that question.

Even though Bassey has played marginally more for us in preseason, Ream is already fully in tune with our way of playing. He is also an integral part of our set up, while Bassey for obvious reasons is not (yet). It's Ream's spot to lose.

For Mitro I think it is a case of him having taken himself out of the picture, and therefore will have to claim his spot back. Unless Jimenez plays out of his skin, I think we will see Mitro start soon enough. It's Mitro's spot to win back.

LittleErn

Quote from: demeant0r on August 12, 2023, 02:06:11 PMOne thing that I've noticed is that we have three strikers on the bench. Surely that's too many?
Maybe Marco thinks we'll be chasing the game ?

SerbianLad

Interesting lineup. I assume Andreas was not fit enough to start. Surprised Ream starts ahead of Bassey.Lots of great options from the bench which is nice.
Quote from: demeant0r on August 12, 2023, 02:06:11 PMOne thing that I've noticed is that we have three strikers on the bench. Surely that's too many?
Stansfield was used on wing by Marco more often than as a striker.

Sting of the North

I am sure Stansfield is seen more as a winger in the current squad.

filham

Silva often surprises us with his starting line up.
I thought Cairney and Ream were not fit and fully expected Bassey to be in the back four. However I now expect Periera, Bassey and BDR to be used as impact subs.

RaySmith

I must have a crystal ball, because I forecast on a thread a couple of weeks ago that Cairney and Mitro would soon be back, and could well be fit for the first game - the OP was decrying our lack of depth as a squad, especially with those two missing.

junior white

Marco said in his press conference thT Andreas was a slight doubt but aside from Joao that everyone else was available.

Not surprised re Mitro not starting considering he missed 10 days or so training with the team, he will get in for the last 30 or so. Cairney starting over Andrea must be to protect any issue he has, Bassey was the surprise to me

sarnian

Silva did say there were a couple of knocks sustained this week which may explain Bassey.

itombomb

Dyche's 5 man midfield is interesting.

Al-Fayed

I think the philosophy is for new players to come in when established players from last year have a dip in performance, other than Mitro, who is being told that his summer behaviour has consequences and that Raul will be given a chance to shine first.