News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


3000 empty seats

Started by 3rdgenfan, November 02, 2025, 11:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3rdgenfan

According to ESPN the crowd was 26,500 yesterday against Wolves leaving 3000 empty seats, mostly in the Riverside.

A report from Henry Winter said that the revenue Fulham generate from ticket sales is 18 million per season with tv revenue of 140+ million

If the club reduced the ticket prices by 25% they would lose 4 million in sales which relatively, and in the scheme of things, is not that much. Reduced ticket prices would lead to games like Wolves being sold out and season ticket holders not able to attend putting their tickets up for resale generating more revenue for the club.

The extra revenue that the club would get in associated sales of merchandise and food and drink would also off set this with extra fans attending. Lower ticket prices may also bring back traditional fans and improve the overall atmosphere on match days.

I feel this is very short sighted by the club by charging over £100 for Riverside tickets and I hope the 3000 empty seats might be a wake up call.

H4usuallysitting

Truthfully if they were £75/ticket I wouldn't purchase....but as a one off - I'd consider a hospitality package (not for the booze), but the comfort

Thailand Mick

Quote from: 3rdgenfan on November 02, 2025, 11:00:48 AMAccording to ESPN the crowd was 26,500 yesterday against Wolves leaving 3000 empty seats, mostly in the Riverside.

A report from Henry Winter said that the revenue Fulham generate from ticket sales is 18 million per season with tv revenue of 140+ million

If the club reduced the ticket prices by 25% they would lose 4 million in sales which relatively, and in the scheme of things, is not that much. Reduced ticket prices would lead to games like Wolves being sold out and season ticket holders not able to attend putting their tickets up for resale generating more revenue for the club.

The extra revenue that the club would get in associated sales of merchandise and food and drink would also off set this with extra fans attending. Lower ticket prices may also bring back traditional fans and improve the overall atmosphere on match days.

I feel this is very short sighted by the club by charging over £100 for Riverside tickets and I hope the 3000 empty seats might be a wake up call.
I counted the tickets available for sale Saturday morning and there were 720 now I have blue dots in my vision lol. I noticed on social media lots of Fulham fans couldn't make the game and were having trouble selling their tickets even below face value so I don't believe more would have attended even with lower prices. Also tickets in the putney end for Adult were £61


sarnian

Quote from: 3rdgenfan on November 02, 2025, 11:00:48 AMAccording to ESPN the crowd was 26,500 yesterday against Wolves leaving 3000 empty seats, mostly in the Riverside.

A report from Henry Winter said that the revenue Fulham generate from ticket sales is 18 million per season with tv revenue of 140+ million

If the club reduced the ticket prices by 25% they would lose 4 million in sales which relatively, and in the scheme of things, is not that much. Reduced ticket prices would lead to games like Wolves being sold out and season ticket holders not able to attend putting their tickets up for resale generating more revenue for the club.

The extra revenue that the club would get in associated sales of merchandise and food and drink would also off set this with extra fans attending. Lower ticket prices may also bring back traditional fans and improve the overall atmosphere on match days.

I feel this is very short sighted by the club by charging over £100 for Riverside tickets and I hope the 3000 empty seats might be a wake up call.

Get you facts right, the capacity is not 29,500

hopper

There's no official capacity listed on our site (post completion), a few places online cite 29,600 capacity. But that's by the by, I agree with OP regarding pricing, I think it's simply too high for a C tier game and that's evident from the empty seats. We'd all prefer a sold out ground, and pricing should be with view to sell out rather than to try and get the most per seat the club feels they can get away with.

It feels short sighted as it creates discord, and fans could spend money when at ground especially now riverside is open post game. Went there myself after and enjoyed it.

Also the better we do on the pitch the more the club earns and a full house will have a positive impact on players.

Twig

Quote from: sarnian on November 02, 2025, 12:16:35 PM
Quote from: 3rdgenfan on November 02, 2025, 11:00:48 AMAccording to ESPN the crowd was 26,500 yesterday against Wolves leaving 3000 empty seats, mostly in the Riverside.

A report from Henry Winter said that the revenue Fulham generate from ticket sales is 18 million per season with tv revenue of 140+ million

If the club reduced the ticket prices by 25% they would lose 4 million in sales which relatively, and in the scheme of things, is not that much. Reduced ticket prices would lead to games like Wolves being sold out and season ticket holders not able to attend putting their tickets up for resale generating more revenue for the club.

The extra revenue that the club would get in associated sales of merchandise and food and drink would also off set this with extra fans attending. Lower ticket prices may also bring back traditional fans and improve the overall atmosphere on match days.

I feel this is very short sighted by the club by charging over £100 for Riverside tickets and I hope the 3000 empty seats might be a wake up call.

Get you facts right, the capacity is not 29,500

Must admit I thought it was in that region. What is it then if not c. 29,500?


Twig

I share the view that the high prices charged for tickets to tier C and many of the tier B games are too high. I understand that the stadium will fill up fill up for games against top opposition so the club might as well cash in (although the result is often too many tourists). However, I think we would all prefer a near full stadium for as many games as possible and a good loud atmosphere and lower ticket prices would obviously help. I must admit to wondering how well our demand elasticity has been modelled (on a stand by stand basis)by those who set the ticket pricing strategy.

Logicalman

#7
Quote from: Twig on November 02, 2025, 12:43:45 PM
Quote from: sarnian on November 02, 2025, 12:16:35 PM
Quote from: 3rdgenfan on November 02, 2025, 11:00:48 AMAccording to ESPN the crowd was 26,500 yesterday against Wolves leaving 3000 empty seats, mostly in the Riverside.

A report from Henry Winter said that the revenue Fulham generate from ticket sales is 18 million per season with tv revenue of 140+ million

If the club reduced the ticket prices by 25% they would lose 4 million in sales which relatively, and in the scheme of things, is not that much. Reduced ticket prices would lead to games like Wolves being sold out and season ticket holders not able to attend putting their tickets up for resale generating more revenue for the club.

The extra revenue that the club would get in associated sales of merchandise and food and drink would also off set this with extra fans attending. Lower ticket prices may also bring back traditional fans and improve the overall atmosphere on match days.

I feel this is very short sighted by the club by charging over £100 for Riverside tickets and I hope the 3000 empty seats might be a wake up call.

Get you facts right, the capacity is not 29,500

Must admit I thought it was in that region. What is it then if not c. 29,500?

Great question.
I would ask that if a poster wishes to dispute something another one has posted then they actually provide their answer why as well, it helps us all understand the issue.


Additionally:
A quick review on the net appears to indicate the capacity is somewhere in the region of 29,589 - 29,600, this is from AI-generated responses, Reddit, ticket outlets, and wiki, though there appears to be no 'official' capacity to be found anywhere.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Lighthouse

With travel and ticket prices. The days of travelling from the coast as a young man in his first job and affording season tickets seems impossible today.

I am sure the club have experts who look at the price for the maximum attendance. I wont bore people with my views about the game again and the ticket prices. We will see how long this can last.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope


SP

From the Brighton forum, sounds familiar:

Relying on tourists to take excess tickets for unattractive games sadly. The real attendance at games is definitely falling. We will never know the real stats but it's pretty clear to me that there are more gaps than ever and the exchange tickets are just not selling as quick to make up for the non attendance of season ticket holders.

Whitestone

There definitely weren't 3000 empty seats that's for sure. There were a few but not the large numbers I was expecting given the pre match commentary on the subject.

sarnian

Quote from: Logicalman on November 02, 2025, 12:52:22 PM
Quote from: Twig on November 02, 2025, 12:43:45 PM
Quote from: sarnian on November 02, 2025, 12:16:35 PM
Quote from: 3rdgenfan on November 02, 2025, 11:00:48 AMAccording to ESPN the crowd was 26,500 yesterday against Wolves leaving 3000 empty seats, mostly in the Riverside.

A report from Henry Winter said that the revenue Fulham generate from ticket sales is 18 million per season with tv revenue of 140+ million

If the club reduced the ticket prices by 25% they would lose 4 million in sales which relatively, and in the scheme of things, is not that much. Reduced ticket prices would lead to games like Wolves being sold out and season ticket holders not able to attend putting their tickets up for resale generating more revenue for the club.

The extra revenue that the club would get in associated sales of merchandise and food and drink would also off set this with extra fans attending. Lower ticket prices may also bring back traditional fans and improve the overall atmosphere on match days.

I feel this is very short sighted by the club by charging over £100 for Riverside tickets and I hope the 3000 empty seats might be a wake up call.

Get you facts right, the capacity is not 29,500

Must admit I thought it was in that region. What is it then if not c. 29,500?

Great question.
I would ask that if a poster wishes to dispute something another one has posted then they actually provide their answer why as well, it helps us all understand the issue.


Additionally:
A quick review on the net appears to indicate the capacity is somewhere in the region of 29,589 - 29,600, this is from AI-generated responses, Reddit, ticket outlets, and wiki, though there appears to be no 'official' capacity to be found anywhere.

Capacity of 29,500 approx was originally quoted in the initial construction phase. However I am led to believe that changes were made and 28,600 is a closer figure.


ffcne

Half term holidays ?
a lot of people away .

hopper

Done a bit of digging and answer in my FST notes is 28,107

EN1 FFC

Didn't they have to build the media-Police observation building that's in the corner of the away section which made the total attendance less than original attendance figure of 29,500 ?


Southcoastffc

Quote from: ffcne on November 02, 2025, 04:36:17 PMHalf term holidays ?
a lot of people away .
Exactly.   I was away and missed the game, Gatwick was rammed yesterday at 6.30pm
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Twig

Quote from: sarnian on November 02, 2025, 03:49:13 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on November 02, 2025, 12:52:22 PM
Quote from: Twig on November 02, 2025, 12:43:45 PM
Quote from: sarnian on November 02, 2025, 12:16:35 PM
Quote from: 3rdgenfan on November 02, 2025, 11:00:48 AMAccording to ESPN the crowd was 26,500 yesterday against Wolves leaving 3000 empty seats, mostly in the Riverside.

A report from Henry Winter said that the revenue Fulham generate from ticket sales is 18 million per season with tv revenue of 140+ million

If the club reduced the ticket prices by 25% they would lose 4 million in sales which relatively, and in the scheme of things, is not that much. Reduced ticket prices would lead to games like Wolves being sold out and season ticket holders not able to attend putting their tickets up for resale generating more revenue for the club.

The extra revenue that the club would get in associated sales of merchandise and food and drink would also off set this with extra fans attending. Lower ticket prices may also bring back traditional fans and improve the overall atmosphere on match days.

I feel this is very short sighted by the club by charging over £100 for Riverside tickets and I hope the 3000 empty seats might be a wake up call.

Get you facts right, the capacity is not 29,500

Must admit I thought it was in that region. What is it then if not c. 29,500?

Great question.
I would ask that if a poster wishes to dispute something another one has posted then they actually provide their answer why as well, it helps us all understand the issue.


Additionally:
A quick review on the net appears to indicate the capacity is somewhere in the region of 29,589 - 29,600, this is from AI-generated responses, Reddit, ticket outlets, and wiki, though there appears to be no 'official' capacity to be found anywhere.

Capacity of 29,500 approx was originally quoted in the initial construction phase. However I am led to believe that changes were made and 28,600 is a closer figure.

Ok so when you say "get your facts right", that's based on your understanding based on what you are led to believe.  You may well be correct but it would seem nobody has the actual facts, perhaps your comment was a bit harsh?

Coastwalker

Quote from: hopper on November 02, 2025, 04:36:56 PMDone a bit of digging and answer in my FST notes is 28,107

28,300 if they let them use the swimming pool.😅


Coastwalker

£100 for a seat in the Riverside.
Robbing barstewards.

You'd want Kylie Minogue delivering your half time pie n Pint to your seat for that. ::tongue::

KentFulham

Lots of people like myself have a Junior ticket for the kids, the constant moves to 5:30, 8pm weekend games or moves to Friday and Monday nights means my daughter can't attend being 5yo