News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


NFR:Eurovision

Started by spikey norman, May 16, 2026, 09:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spikey norman

Anybody else watching?

Croatia is pretty good
Quite like the UK entry too

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

HV71



SerbianLad

What did you think of Serbia? I know not everyone likes metal though.

FFC007


spikey norman

Euro 'Asia' should be good!


Stoneleigh Loyalist

It is all too fashionable these days to knock the BBC something which I do not do . However at the risk of being an old fuddy daddy I must say that I consider the financial support that BBC gives this competition to be a complete waste of valuable money which they could be using elsewhere. We stand no chance of winning a political circus and are being taken for a financial ride by the rest of EU Europe. No doubt there are those that Do not agree but the BBC have just lost the Commonwealth Games to TNT with Channel 5 for highlights which I think is a terrible shame.


gang

When did Australia become European?


SerbianLad

Btw, why doesn't UK send some of the many celebrities you have? If it's one of the top celebrities you'd win 100%, if it's someone a bit less known you'd still get a decent result. For some reason you seem to send people who no one has heard of and on top of that, those songs are pretty bad too(imo at least).

battersea boy

#10
No UK Stars or celebrities as you call them, would
 go anywhere  near this Gay Extravaganza.
It`s regarded as a sick joke and now it`s turned political.
Waste of Licence Payers Money.
Time to end this joke of a programme,it was ok in the 1950s but not now.

Zoppa77

2004 was the best entry from SRB.
Jeljko Joksimovic - Lane Moje deserved to win in my view. It was runner up.  It was a truer representation of Serbian music than the current song.


Holders

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on May 16, 2026, 10:35:27 PMIt is all too fashionable these days to knock the BBC something which I do not do . However at the risk of being an old fuddy daddy I must say that I consider the financial support that BBC gives this competition to be a complete waste of valuable money which they could be using elsewhere. We stand no chance of winning a political circus and are being taken for a financial ride by the rest of EU Europe. No doubt there are those that Do not agree but the BBC have just lost the Commonwealth Games to TNT with Channel 5 for highlights which I think is a terrible shame.

I almost agreed with this until an irrelevant and inaccurate political jibe was made.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Dodgin


ron

Dressing up like a dinosaur and barking like a dog through a megaphone seems to be  'de rigeur' these days for this otherwise anachronism of a contest.....


Fulham Tup North

I love the awkwardness of the hosts, and the fact it is so diverse.
But the UK could send Oasis and we would still score zero... it has just become so political..
Pity...
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

sarnian

Eurovision - absolute garbage that has nothing to do with music.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on May 17, 2026, 09:42:34 AMI love the awkwardness of the hosts, and the fact it is so diverse.
But the UK could send Oasis and we would still score zero... it has just become so political..
Pity...
COYW
I disagree. You should look no further than at the latest winner, Bulgaria. They are a poor country in both financial terms and political influence, yet they won convincingly.

They are obviously some politics involved, and Israel and Ukraine seem to benefit the most from it(obviously the situation is slightly different in those two countries) and there's the usual neighbors exchanging points thing happening.


I, however, believe that the biggest problem for UK is they are sending poor songs and as I said, anonymous people. You need at least one of those two to be successful.

Wasn't Sam Ryder 2nd not so long ago? How did that happen then?


Twig

No established British stars would go near it with a barge pole, it's widely regarded as a kiss of death for their careers by the artists and their labels and agents alike. So trying to get a top act is a non starter.
When we tried a public vote to select our act it didn't go well either so no point in reverting to that drawn out fiasco.
I think we just have to understand that because the UK is such an established market for mainstream music this competition is regarded as a comedy sideshow here. And most people couldn't care less if we keep finishing last.
As to politics and regional alliances of course they play a huge part in the voting and the UK is just unpopular. In for me, in for me they've all got it in for us (to slightly misquote).

Pie n Mash

Called Bulgaria as soon as I heard it, just felt everyone else was terrible! I get the weirdness, I'd love to go to one of these, Bulgaria might be a good option next year, but as for actual songs/singing, felt outstandingly poor.

But it's fun so what the hell