News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


Recruitment for next season…

Started by FFC007, May 24, 2026, 07:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trusty Steed

We need a midfielder and a striker in my opinion. It's a gamble with Muniz, the more I see of him, the more I feel he's not cut out for the premier league. We could potentially get Pepi, but i can't imagine him hitting the ground running.

Midfield we need a young Cairney, a Murphy. Just someone with vision, leadership and calmness on the ball. (And likes to pass FORWARD)

zolisbackflip

I like the look of Hayden Hackney from Boro

Angus Telford

Quote from: Super Mick on May 24, 2026, 09:26:12 PMPereira replacement is still needed according to Marco, on top of all the others. 

His Perreira obsession continues then, even now he's gone!

ESR and King should be #1 and #2 in that position, and are both an upgrade on Perreira.


ArcticOctopus

Quote from: Angus Telford on May 24, 2026, 11:14:04 PM
Quote from: Super Mick on May 24, 2026, 09:26:12 PMPereira replacement is still needed according to Marco, on top of all the others. 

His Perreira obsession continues then, even now he's gone!

ESR and King should be #1 and #2 in that position, and are both an upgrade on Perreira.

Yep, if you don't have the players to fit your system, change your system to fit your players.

General

Quote from: @jolslover on May 24, 2026, 07:05:05 PMI think we need 2 strikers (assuming Kusi and Raul go which I think is likely)

2 wingers (assuming Wilson and Chuku go which I think is likely)

1 CM (Reed upgrade)

Think these 5 would be good. Optional Lukic upgrade too I'd like but not compulsory. I think Tete and Castagne are good enough FB options and Diop is the Anderson upgrade

This doesn't work.. we need a bigger and stronger squad, not keeping it the same size and not strengthening

Worcesterwhite

Number 1 - Proper box to Box Midfielder

Number 2 - A Striker with pace



Pavel Dempsey

Artur Atta or Hayden Hackney and Ricardo Pepi or Franculino Dju. I would also resign Raul for one more year and sign Chukwueze and Kusi-Asare on permanent.

Coast94

#27
Priorities, in this order:

CF - Raul likely to leave. Crucial that we replace his goals and Muniz's isn't good enough to lead the line regularly. Non-negotiable.

CM - Desperately need a dynamic box-to-box midfielder in the Xhaka mould. Expect Reed to leave the club.
 
LW/RW - As/when Wilson goes, he needs replacing. Simple as.

CB - Would like us to sign someone to pair with Bassey. Andersen's just so underwhelming.

I'd also take up the option on Chukwueze and keep Kusi-Asare. The latter being a longer-term option.

Leno's arguably a problem, but suspect the club will prioritise other areas.

sunburywhite

#28
There were two things yesterday that made me think Raul is leaving, firstly when he and Wilson were due to come on Marco got the two of them into a huddle with him as if he was sayng "this is your last game here, go out and enjoy it"
Secondly Raul was so desperate to score in what might be his last game here
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me


HV71

Build a team around Hackney - even if it takes a couple of seasons

Second priority striker

Third  - a winger who can cross

After that don't think we will have any money left

Surlyc

I think we need to spend our funds on a striker and a central midfielder. Those 2 are critical areas we need a ready made option, although I would definitely see if we can retain Jimenez on a more friendly wage.

Everything else should be reinvested into potential, signing prospects that can develop. Sign a player in their early twenties (such as El Hilali from Espanyol or Methalie from Touslouse) who can compete with an established player, with the hope they will then replace them before moving on in year 3 or 4. That's the modern game, especially with the SCR rules.

Porthogs FC

I think we keep Raul and KA, sell Muniz and spend $60M on a starting striker. Over the year KA gets good enough to be second string, so next season our third string is from the academy.

Think we have let go of Chuk (wasn't on the bench), sign two wingers at $25M each.

Sign one CM at $35M.

Yes, outlay of $150M. No idea if that's supported by FairPlay. But we kind of need it all.



blingo

I think you're dreaming if you think we will be spending 150m

ArcticOctopus

I looked through the transfermarkt data at the end of last season; the largest net spend we've had in a season is £50 million. The largest total spend was £90 million. Even if we really went for broke this year we'd probably need £60-70 million in player sales to be able to reach £150 million.

Just to set expectations.

Deeping_white

Quote from: ArcticOctopus on May 25, 2026, 02:55:40 PMI looked through the transfermarkt data at the end of last season; the largest net spend we've had in a season is £50 million. The largest total spend was £90 million. Even if we really went for broke this year we'd probably need £60-70 million in player sales to be able to reach £150 million.

Just to set expectations.

The rules are changing this year though so the focus will be more on wages than transfer fees. Given we would likely sign players up to 5 year contracts it spreads out the payments quite a lot, so there's not an unrealistic scenario where we could sign 4-5 £20m players and then dot in some other players around that, and the knock on accounting impact would be somewhere in the region of £30m amortised in that accounting year. Given we're going to lose the best part of £200k a week in Raul and Wilson departing, and a semi-realistic scenario where Reed & TC dissappear which takes us to the best part of £300k a week gone, you could sign some 4-5 up and coming talented players (like Kevin etc.) who would collectively replace those salaries or less, meaning our SCR ratio looks a bit healthier getting rid of 4 and signing 5-6 players. That's before you even consider if we sign Chucky for circa £20m (which I think we should) and then you've just got the conversation about his wages, but we've already offloaded Adama's inflated wages so before we even sign anyone this summer we start in a slightly better position.


WindyCity

Quote from: FFC007 on May 24, 2026, 09:31:08 PMOn deadline day...

This is the problem.  I know as a small/mid sized club we have to be careful how money is spent.  I get it.  But I still feel that if we have identified a player we really want, then I say get him in, even at a premium.  Sure, it might limit ability to buy another player later down the line, but at least you get someone into the team that you really want.  Rather than scramble at the end of window and grab 2nd, 3rd, 4th choices.  JMHO

Trusty Steed

We need goals, with Jimenez and Wilson going, where are these goals coming from?

F(f)CUK

Quote from: HV71 on May 25, 2026, 10:38:10 AMBuild a team around Hackney - even if it takes a couple of seasons

Second priority striker

Third  - a winger who can cross

After that don't think we will have any money left
I will take anyone who could cross a ball.


KentFulham

Our budget is limited but our lack of sell on value from any of our players, it is the downside to our squad age and failure to sell at the right time.

I haven't seen anything from KA to suggest he will be any good, Muniz has shown he is no good. We need a new number 1 striker, a decent box to box midfielder, a replace ment for Wilson as should he go his goals need replacing, without them we are relegation material.

Arguably Leno needs an upgrade, as does Robinson and Anderson

KentFulham

Quote from: Trusty Steed on May 25, 2026, 04:19:40 PMWe need goals, with Jimenez and Wilson going, where are these goals coming from?


Exactly this, we are all but relegated without their goals