more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (11/05/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, May 11, 2012, 07:33:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Dembele chase hots up as United, City and Chelsea mull over bids
Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea will all consider summer bids for Fulham's Moussa Dembele, claim reports.

Cut-price: Fulham's Mousa Dembele (Picture: PA)

The Belgian international is out of contract at Craven Cottage in 2013, and is already being chased by Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham.

But Dembele's impressive form for Fulham, who currently occupy ninth place in the table, has alerted the rest of the Premier League's big guns.

Now all six sides are mulling over offers in the region of £10million, according to Goal.com, and with Fulham unable to compete with the wages on offer elsewhere, Cottagers boss Martin Jol seems destined to lose the 24-year-old.

Dembele was signed from Dutch club AZ Alkmaar for £5million in 2010, and although he originally was bought as a striker, Jol's decision to play him as an attacking midfielder has certainly brought its rewards.

Dembele has scored only seven goals in 71 appearances for Fulham, but is recognised as playing a key role in Clint Dempsey's current hot streak, which has seen the American net 23 times this term.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/898744-moussa-dembele-chase-hots-up-as-manchester-united-city-and-chelsea-mull-over-bids#ixzz1uXYrBIgN

WhiteJC

Moussa Dembele says Fulham will be going all out to beat Tottenham on final day

Fulham will be going all out to beat Tottenham at White Hart Lane on the closing day of the Barclays Premier League season, according to Cottagers' midfielder Moussa Dembele.

Martin Jol's side started their campaign way back in June in the Europa League qualifying rounds but have had a strong second half to the season, and victory over Champions League-chasing Spurs could see them finish seventh.

The prospect of such a good league position and good morale leading into the summer is what is driving Belgium international Dembele and his team-mates ahead of the final-day showdown.

"We've done very well this season and we can still finish above Liverpool and Everton, so it's very important for us to do all we can to win this last game against Tottenham," he told the club's official website.

"Everyone here wants to go into the summer on a good feeling. I think the last game always stays in your mind, so we know we need to win at Tottenham. We are desperate to finish the season in the best possible way.

"It will be a very difficult game because Tottenham are still trying very hard to get in the Champions League."

Dembele, 24, joined the club from Dutch side AZ Alkmaar in 2010 as a striker but has been operating predominantly in midfield under Jol - a position he enjoys.

"Playing in midfield is a position I like, but I know the manager expects different things at different times," he said.

"I personally enjoy being involved in midfield and, when it still means I can go forward, I can show what I can do, like I did against Sunderland last weekend.

"That was a very important victory for us, and now our aim is to win our last game in the league because we want to end up as high as possible."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/moussa-dembele-says-fulham-will-be-going-all-out-to-beat-tottenham-on-final-day-7734243.html?

WhiteJC

Jol: We will wait and see over Grygera

Fulham manager Martin Jol has stated that a decision over the future of right back Zdenek Grygera will not be made until the player reaches full fitness - more than likely by mid-July.

Grygera has had an unfortunate time of it at Craven Cottage, impressing with his early season form before succumbing to a serious knee injury in November which ruled him out for the remainder of the season. He suffered ruptured knee ligaments in a tie with Tottenham Hotspur and his resilient displays throughout August, September and October are now but a distant memory.

And, with the Czech's deal set to run out in June, Jol is wary of jumping in to a new contract too quickly and is keen to assess Grygera before anything concrete is put on the table. The opportunity, though, says Jol, is still there to prove his worth to Fulham.

Speaking to the Fulham Chronicle, the Dutch manager said: "I feel we owe it to him to keep him here and get him fit, and then we can make a decision, or he can if he has other offers.

"The main thing for him is to get fit. That won't be until the middle of July and then we can make a decision.

"He did well from the first match, which is very unusual [for a player new to English football]. I was very happy with him.

"He can play left-back, right-back or centre-back, but it's not a minor injury. It isn't easy to come back to full fitness if you're that age."

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2012/5/10/3011862/jol-we-will-wait-and-see-over-grygera?

WhiteJC

Pogrebnyak Deal Imminent

We`re sincerely hoping that the authenticity of this rumour is soon confirmed by the release of an official statement from the club.

One news source we have access to is inferring that Pavel Pogrebnyak will have signed a deal to keep him at Craven Cottage by the end of this week.

If it is true it is great news, if it is not then I`ll be disappointed!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=282068#ixzz1uXZuPqfr

WhiteJC

Dutch Defender Chase

The Daily Grapevine carries the inference that Martin Jol is actively pursuing another player in the Dutch league.

If the information is correct then Fulham are looking to bring Vitesse Arnhem`s twenty-three year-old left back, Alexander Buttner to Craven Cottage.

Unfortunately the chase could be doomed to fail with Ajax Amsterdam also looking at the player and when you read comments, attributed to the player, that read,

"I`m aware of Fulham`s interest but my love for Ajax is well known."

You`ll see what I mean!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=282069#ixzz1uXa8r4GF

WhiteJC

Jake expects a tough clash with Fulham under BMJ

Whether Spurs have under-estimated some of their opponents in recent weeks is a matter for debate but it's easy to forget that Fulham, our opponents on Sunday, have had a pretty decent season and they will make it a tough fixture.

After a slow start under Martin Jol, the Cottagers are now in ninth place and with prize money dependant on final placings, the club will know that a win on Sunday could even take them as high as seventh.

Jake Livermore is likely to start the match on the bench and he is expecting a tough encounter.

"The lads are confident and we're all looking forward to putting in a big performance," said Jake, on the club website.

"These are the games all us Tottenham players want to be involved in, fighting for a place in the Champions League.

"We know it will be a tough game. Martin Jol will have his team organised, so we'd love to get an early goal and build on that."

The genial Dutchman is likely to get a warm reception on his return to the Lane but Fulham's results have been better than some might expect. With seventh place in their sights, Jol's team will be doing us no favours on Sunday.

http://www.tottenhamblog.com/2012/05/10/jake-expects-a-tough-clash-with-fulham-under-bmj/?

WhiteJC

Grygera could earn new deal
Jol will make decision on injured defender in the summer

Fulham boss Martin Jol has not ruled out the possibility of offering Zdenek Grygera a new contract but will wait until the injured defender returns to fitness in the summer before making a decision.

Zdenek Grygera: Injury problems

The 31-year-old moved to Craven Cottage last summer from Juventus, however, he ruptured his knee ligaments in November and has since not featured.

Grygera's current deal expires in June but Jol wants to give the experienced Czech Republic international a chance to prove his worth instead of off-loading him ahead of the new season.

"I feel we owe it to him to keep him here and get him fit, and then we can make a decision, or he can if he has other offers," the manager told the Fulham Chronicle.

"The main thing for him is to get fit. That won't be until the middle of July and then we can make a decision."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7745883/?

WhiteJC

Jamie Redknapp's team of the season: Why Clint the sharp shooter is a must on the wing

PART THREE: The midfielders

We get to this part of my team and I want to ask for a day off! Choosing the midfield is the hardest part of my team of the season.

How do you fit in the Swansea pass masters, find a place for Yaya Toure and then stay loyal to those wonderful experienced legs of Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs, who still pass the ball as well as anyone?

Then, what about Juan Mata, who has created the most chances, according to the Opta stats? Luka Modric, David Silva, Gareth Bale? The goals of Clint Dempsey, the role Mikel Arteta played in Arsenal's improvement and the sensational performances of Yohan Cabaye and Cheick Tiote for Newcastle.

Can we go all-romance and pick the best footballers, or do you have to include an enforcer, a player who can do the dirty work? If so, is that Scott Parker, or Gareth Barry? Both have had very good seasons.

Sharp shooter: Clint Dempsey is the fourth highest scorer in the Premier League

I've changed my mind a couple of times and I realise this is where we will most disagree. I've included the Opta stats so you can see what I mean... lots to choose from!

I want the ingredient of goals from my midfield and although I simply have to pick Yaya Toure, his brace of goals for Manchester City at Newcastle was the first time he had scored twice in a game in his career.

So we will find a different role for the Ivorian, although he can stroll into any position. We'll come back to him.

Goals from midfield are so important — it's interesting to note Sunderland's attacking midfield duo of Seb Larsson and Stephane Sessegnon each scored seven times, as many as Swansea's much-heralded Gylfi Sigurdsson. Norwich's Anthony Pilkington has scored eight times in the league and hardly gets a mention.

On Song: Arsenal have benefited from the solidity, and attacking threat, of Alex Song

But Clint Dempsey's astonishing return of 17 goals in the league is surpassed by only three players: strikers Robin van Persie, Wayne Rooney and Sergio Aguero. More on them on Friday.

The most successful American import has had the season of his life and I wonder if he will want to play for a bigger club, or try his finishing skills in the Champions League. At home in midfield or attack, he can play through the middle or wide and, in my team, he gets the right midfield role.

Those three Swansea boys — Sigurdsson, the talented Joe Allen and the wonderful Leon Britton have to be considered.

Britton was bought and then released by my dad at West Ham but he has forged a very good career, playing up through the divisions and now keeping the ball like a Spaniard. He has a  better passing success rate than Scholes!

I set myself a challenge of finding a place for at least one of Swansea's talents. I know how highly Brendan Rodgers thinks of Allen, and Britton would keep the ball and use it wisely, but...

At the double: Manchester City's Yaya Toure has been one of the standout players in the Premier League

I simply have to include Yaya in the middle and I need an enforcer and a creator around him to give him the platform to drive forward. There isn't another player like him and he has enjoyed an explosive season.

The anchor role I'm giving to Alex Song. Arsenal will be disappointed with their season's work but he has been terrific. The quality of his passing continues to improve and the weight on his deliveries for Van Persie has been a highlight of their season.

I'm glad RVP mentioned Song when he collected his  Footballer of the Year award last week. I'm picking him ahead of Parker, Barry and Tiote, so he must have had a memorable season.

There is also no place for Mata, Modric or Cabaye in my team. Nor Gareth Bale, the Spurs flying machine, who has been explosive in patches.

Silva, the creative force of City, gets the final place. He has faded for a spell, but was delightful in the first half of the season and looks to have his happy feet back again, just in time for the climax to the season. He can pass, dribble and open up a team, score goals and create.

So, we are down to the last two places and I will pick my strikers on Thursday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2142599/Jamie-Redknapp-team-year-Clint-Dempsey-in.html#ixzz1uXbbBLqr

WhiteJC

City, United and Chelsea join race for £10m-rated Fulham star Dembele

Fulham attacking midfielder Moussa Dembele is attracting interest from a host of top Premier League clubs.

The 24-year-old Belgian has enjoyed a fine season at Craven Cottage and with his contract set to expire next summer, the club will be tempted to cash in on him, according to Metro.

Highly-rated: Dembele (centre) celebrates scoring against Sunderland last weekend

Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea have all been keeping a close eye on Dembele's situation and will all make summer bids if Fulham cannot agree a new deal with the player.

Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham are long-term admirers of the player, who moved to England in the summer of 2010, and may also be tempted to make a bid.

Having cost the club just £5million from AZ Alkmaar, Fulham are likely to accept any offers in the region of £10million, rather than risk losing Dembele on a free transfer next summer.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2142766/Moussa-Dembele-wanted-Premier-League-clubs.html#ixzz1uXcoDyA9

WhiteJC

Lawro's prediction

Tottenham v Fulham

Fulham have had a lovely first season under Martin Jol and they have evolved as a team under him in terms of personnel and style of play.

The Cottagers have had some good away wins of late too, after initially struggling on the road, and they have got some really good attacking intent right through their team.

But Tottenham will be fighting hard for a win that would get them the top-four finish which, if Chelsea don't win the Champions League, will get Spurs back in that competition next year.

They would deserve it too, because for three months around the turn of the year Harry Redknapp's side were easily the best team in the league.

Do I see Chelsea beating Bayern Munich? No.

The Blues have moved heaven and earth to get to the final already but I don't see them coping with the Bayern front three of Mario Gomez, Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery.

Bayern are at home too, and Chelsea are without John Terry, who is their leader. So I just don't see Roberto di Matteo's men doing it, and that would be good news for Spurs, or whoever does finish fourth.

Prediction: 2-0

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18021230

WhiteJC

MF looks ahead to Spurs vs Fulham

And so here we are. Only Martin Jol stands between us and a Moneybags League spot. Given pasta events, oh the irony and what are the chances? If we beat Fulham, the worst we can finish is fourth. I suspect there's no point in worrying about what goes down elsewhere, the Hawthorns in particular, we blew our chances of third long ago. Bayern Munich may also have a say in our destiny of course, but given that the top four was our goal at the start of the season it would seem churlish, should we achieve it and Chelsea triumph in Munich, to appoint blame for our non-qualification any closer than the penalty taking left boot of Lionel Messi.

Harry has endured much criticism of his tactical nous in the last few months, how he deals with the absence of a recognised left back on Sunday might well be seen as something of an acid test no matter how things turn out. What are the options? Three (Kaboul, Gallas and Nelsen) at the back? Bale or Gallas at left back? Or how about Townsend? He must be available now that Birmingham are out of the Championship play-offs. It's a tough call. Moving Bale back to his original position, and the one that Barcelona apparently see him playing in if you believe what you hear, is the only one of those alternatives that satisfies the first half of 'tried and tested', a judgment on the second part remains to be made.

I suspect Harry will be very tempted by the idea of Nelsen and Gallas playing, two leaders with plenty of experience.
Moving the Frenchman over to the left is probably favourite but if that's what happens then Bale must be told to stick to his flank more than he normally does, as Gallas will need the protection.

Elsewhere, the midfield and forwards are likely to be the same as at Villa Park though it wouldn't be a surprise to see Sandro replaced by Parker despite the former's late season surge.

Fulham bring to White Hart Lane a team in form who have already clocked up their best ever Premier League points haul. In Dempsey, Frei and Dembele they have flair and in Murphy, Riise, Diarra and Duff, plenty of know-how. And at the top, in Martin Jol of course they have a man who knows what it's like to be in Harry's shoes. The irony of the situation is extraordinary and inescapable.

Jol won't be the only big man present at WHL, Phil Dowd has been appointed to officiate.

We should expect nothing other than Fulham to be at their best and to try their hardest, anything else is a dereliction of duty. We've handicaps to overcome, injuries, suspension and fatigue for a start, but this is it, our 53rd and final game of the season and those factors need to be discounted before they become easy excuses. We came into the season with nothing. Some like Chris Foy and Martin Atkinson have given us nothing. Others, now's not the time to mention names, have contributed nothing, but there are those who've been heroes all season and if we're not to leave with nothing then the big names in our side need to come to the fore and be counted upon to do what's required on Sunday afternoon. It's Spurs so there's as likely to be agony before there's any ecstasy.

As many early goals as you like please chaps. COYS.

By MF

http://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/spurs-fulham-preview/?

WhiteJC

Man Utd and Chelsea join race for £12m Dembele

Manchester United & Chelsea look set to battle it out for the signature of Moussa Dembele from Fulham this summer.

The attacker is being closely watched by the top teams in England and Chelsea and Manchester United have expressed an interest in the Fulham player. The Belgium international has had an instrumental role in Fulham's climb to ninth in the Premier League.

Dembele is rated at £12-£15 million by Fulham, where he has matured this season into one of the most accomplished playmakers in the Premier League.

Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham were said to be closely monitoring Dembele's situation in March but these rumours cooled down in the recent weeks but could be reignited during the summer If Dembele becomes available.

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/soccer_irish/105800/?

WhiteJC

More runners in the race for Dembele

Moussa Dembele looks set to be receiving letters of affection and witnessing officials from various clubs standing outside his window in the pouring rain with a boombox raised above their heads, all in a bid to win his heart as more clubs are linked with the player.

Whilst the transfer market probably doesn't work exactly like the film Say Anything, more money less affection I expect, the key point to take out of that introduction is that a host of clubs are chasing Dembele and not in a aggressive way but in a "mad, rabid fans" kind of way as it all ends in a signature on some paper. That's if a story in the Metro today is to be believed.

The paper reports that with Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur already in the chase for the Belgian attacking midfielder, Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United are also putting on their running shoes and taking a bottle of Lucozade out of the fridge in preparation to join the race for Dembele.

Despite his contract expiring next season, the 24-year-old is still thought to be valued at around £10million after a superb season for Fulham. With higher wages on offer from the chasing pack, Fulham manager Martin Jol as resigned himself to losing the player who has been at the club since 2010.

Dan Whiteway

http://www.footballfriendsonline.com/gossip/2012/5/11/more-runners-in-the-race-for-dembele.html?

WhiteJC

Fulham Monopoly Offer

Fulham Monopoly just £9.99

Gather your family and friends around the table for an exciting and fun game of Monopoly!

The renowned board game is back with a Fulham twist and is available for just £9.99. Roll the dice and move your piece over Fulham locations and players past and present, whilst ensuring you build as many stands and stadia as you can!

This amazing offer is available both online and instore. Availability is limited, so make sure you get yours now to avoid missing out.*

Check the online store for the Massive Fulham Retail Sale every day to take advantage of all our amazing deals.

Buy now

*Offer is available online and instore only and expires 9am Monday 14th May.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/May/FulhamMonopoly999.aspx?#ixzz1uYBAphd8

WhiteJC

TOTTENHAM BOSS HARRY REDKNAPP TAKES MEASURES TO AVOID 'LASAGNE-GATE' REPEAT

HARRY REDKNAPP will leave his Tottenham players at home ahead of their final-day, make- or-break clash against Fulham to avoid a repeat of lasagne-gate.

There are similarities between the last day of this season and the finale to the 2006 campaign for Spurs and north London rivals Arsenal, but Redknapp will ensure there is at least one difference.

The two teams went head to head for a Champions League place on the final day of the season six years ago, when Martin Jol was in charge at Tottenham.

This time, Spurs face Jol's Fulham team at White Hart Lane hoping to capitalise on any Arsenal slip-up at West Brom to be sure of Champions League qualification.

In 2006, Jol's Tottenham were struck down by a stomach bug that spread around 10 players and his depleted team were beaten 2-1 at West Ham to hand Champions League qualification to Arsenal.

There were allegations the illness was a result of food poisoning from a lasagne, but the hotel where Spurs stayed and ate was cleared by the Health Protection Agency and the club also insist their pre-match meal was not to blame.

More likely is the fact that one of Tottenham's players had a form of gastroenteritis and the bug swept around the squad because they were staying together.

That has not stopped Arsenal fans taunting their Tottenham rivals with the 'lasagne song' for the past six years.

Despite the importance of Sunday's game against Fulham, Redknapp will not alter his preparations and the team will not have to stay in a hotel.

The Spurs players will train tomorrow and eat lunch at their Chigwell base before spending the night at home. They will then travel to White Hart Lane separately and eat a pre-match meal prepared by the club chef in the players' lounge.

Arsenal travel to the Midlands tomorrow and will stay in a hotel ahead of their game against West Brom. The club chef will prepare their evening and pre-match meals.

Manager Arsene Wenger smiled when he was asked to recall the circumstances of six years ago. "I didn't know what happened," he said.

"I didn't cook that day. If I had cooked, then even more of Tottenham's players would have been ill."

Asked if lasagne will be on the menu ahead of the West Brom match, Wenger said: "We will eat our own food."

The trip to The Hawthorns will be the last for Pat Rice, 63, as Wenger's assistant after Arsenal confirmed he will leave the club after 44 years.

Youth-team coach Steve Bould will become Wenger's No 2, with Neil Banfield taking on greater coaching responsibilities with the first team.

"It's difficult to measure how important Pat has been," said Wenger. "He has just been tremendous and it is a sad day to say he will be leaving.

"I am very grateful for his contribution to my period at Arsenal and I would like him to forgive me the bad moments.
"I'm just very grateful and privileged to have had him at my side for such a long time.

"Pat will still work for us at some stage, some scouting maybe and, as a supporter, he will always be with the club.

"Steve Bould has experience of top-level football, he has managed here and he knows our football philosophy. So there will be continuity."

http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/319480/?

WhiteJC

Back The Boys

2011/12 Premier Academy League Final

Fulham FC v Blackburn Rovers
Craven Cottage
Saturday 12th May
KO 2pm

Fulham's U18 team will play Blackburn Rovers in the Premier Academy League Final at Craven Cottage on Saturday afternoon (KO 2pm) and fans are welcome to show their support for Kit Symons' side in SW6 this weekend.

Tickets can be purchased at the gate at Craven Cottage on Saturday with adult tickets priced at £3 and juniors and concessions just £1.

This the second consecutive campaign that Fulham's U18 side has reached the Final and, following last year's gut-wrenching late defeat to Everton, Kit Symons' team will be desperate to go one step further by securing the Championship Trophy at Craven Cottage on Saturday afternoon.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/May/AcademyFinalTicketUpdate.aspx?#ixzz1uYIndQ5Q

WhiteJC

Form Guide

London bragging rights are up for grabs on Sunday afternoon (KO 3pm) when Fulham travel to White Hart Lane to take on Champions League chasing Tottenham Hotspur.

The Whites have taken 12 points from London derbies this season – more than any other side – and Fulham could end the campaign as the most successful side from the Capital in terms of head-to-head matches if they avoid defeat in North London.

Martin Jol's side have only lost one derby match this season, when Sunday's opponents completed a smash and grab victory at Craven Cottage back in November.

Despite a dominant display from Fulham, particularly in the second period, Spurs came away with a 1-3 victory courtesy of some last-ditch defending and fine goalkeeping from Brad Friedel.

Tottenham go into the final game of the season knowing that victory will guarantee them a Champions League spot, although they could still complete this feat even if they lose on Sunday.

Tottenham's last three matches came against relegation-battling sides, from which they gained an important seven points, the most recent of which came in a 1-1 draw with Aston Villa. Emmanuel Adebayor's penalty cancelled out Ciaran Clark's opener in a game that saw Spurs full-back Danny Rose sent off early in the second half.

The latest of Fulham's flurry of recent victories came at the Cottage last Sunday when Clint Dempsey's fine free-kick, his 23rd strike of the season, and Mousa Dembele's effort saw the Whites defeat Sunderland 2-1.

Last five league matches

Spurs: DLLWW

Fulham: DWLWW

Player statistics

Goals

Fulham: Clint Dempsey (17)

Spurs: Emmanuel Adebayor (16)

Most assists

Fulham: Clint Dempsey (6)

Spurs: Emmanuel Adebayor (11)

Average shots per game

Fulham: Clint Dempsey (3.9)

Spurs: Gareth Bale (3.8)

Pass success rate

Fulham: Mousa Dembele (88.5%)

Spurs: William Gallas (93.1%)

Tackles per game

Fulham: Mousa Dembele (3.1)

Spurs: Scott Parker (3.7)

Interceptions per game

Fulham: Mahamadou Diarra (3.5)

Spurs: Scott Parker (3.1)

Average passes per game

Fulham: Danny Murphy (60.2)

Spurs: Luka Modric (70.7)

Aerial duels won per game

Fulham: Brede Hangeland (2.1)

Spurs: Younes Kaboul (3.7)

Team statistics (average per game)

Goals

Fulham: 1.3

Spurs: 1.7

Shots

Fulham: 14

Spurs: 18

Yellow cards

Fulham: 1

Spurs: 1

Fouls

Fulham: 10

Spurs: 10

Crosses

Fulham: 17

Spurs: 22

Passes

Fulham: 499

Spurs: 554

Average pass streak

Fulham: 4.8

Spurs: 5.3 

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/May/FormGuideSpurs.aspx#ixzz1uYKGi85j

WhiteJC

Linked to Dembele!

According to our sources, Manchester United are amongst a host of clubs chasing Moussa Dembele.

The twenty-four year-old Belgian international has attracted rave reviews for his performances and with his contract expiring in the summer of 2013 is seen as a player that could be purchased if the price is right.

As for the host of clubs monitoring the situation, they include - Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs!

Quite a collection!

Read more: http://www.manchesterunited.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=282115#ixzz1uYympLhg

WhiteJC

Premier League giants ready to do battle over Fulham's Belgian star
Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City are all interested in Moussa Dembele

Moussa Dembele has been a key component in Fulham's charge to the top half this season, with his performances now attracting some of the league's biggest clubs to his talents.

Dembele made a £5million move to Craven Cottage back in 2010, and after initially struggling to settle, he has become a consistent first team performer under Martin Jol.

Now often utilised in an attacking midfield role, the former AZ Alkmaar man's creativity has seen him become one of the Premier League's most effective playmakers.

His showings have not gone unnoticed by the likes of Chelsea, along with title challengers Manchester United and Manchester City, who are now all believed to covet his services.

Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool have all previously expressed an interest in Dembele too, so may join a bidding war to land the Belgian international.

With only a year left to run on his current contract, Fulham could be tempted to cash in on one of their star assets, and they may accept bids in the region of £10million for the 24-year-old.

He and Clint Dempsey have struck up a terrific understanding this season, with Dembele contributing significantly to many of Dempsey's 23 goals, but, worryingly for Cottagers fans, both could now be set for a summer exit.

The destination of either player currently remains unknown, but there is certainly no shortage of potential suitors.

Whilst Man City have the greatest financial might, their rumoured imminent signing of Eden Hazard would negate the need for another attacking midfielder, so that could rule them out of the running for Dembele.

Chelsea will be attracted by Dembele's age meanwhile, as owner Roman Abramovich aims to turn them into a younger outfit who play an attractive brand of football.

Meanwhile, Dembele's technical prowess in an attacking midfield role would see him well suited to Arsenal and Tottenham, and the Belgian could potentially make a decision dependant on which team qualifies for the Champions League next season.

http://news.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/football/premier-league/premier-league-giants-ready-to-do-battle-over-fulhams-belgian-star_105285.html

WhiteJC

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Fulham

Forget performance, formations or team selections. All that really matters is getting three points against Fulham.

Quite simple. All we have to do is win and then hope that the German`s win next weekend, that is of course unless Arsenal fail to win and we take third, but then what is better, seeing Arsenal drop out of the CL places or actually seeing Chelsea win the Champions league? First bit is quite easy, but the decision over Arsenal or Chelsea takes a little more thinking...

Now if we assume that Gareth Bale is no longer considered as a left back, then we have the major issue over who steps into BAE/Rose`s boots this weekend, as in all likelihood we have the decision of playing a centre back or a now left winger/right winger/play where the hell he wants to Gareth Bale, or even the unlikely prospect of playing Adam Smith of Jake Livermore in that position. Oh and of course we might have to again change the shape of the team...

Playing Bale as a Kyle Walkeresque full back is perhaps the logical solution, with Scott Parker stepping back in and either playing a three with Sandro and Luka or moving Modric to the left in a 4-4-1-1, but of course then effectively playing a midfield three anyway as our Croatian inevitably moves inside. This does offer a real versatility in our ability to swap things around in the final third and I do wonder if at 5pm on Sunday evening, we will all be raving about this brilliant new formation or continuing to call Harry a tactically inept buffoon for messing things up once again?

Though there is no official team news at the time of writing this, it would seem that we are otherwise ok in the injury front, with only the long standing absentees, Rose suspended and Ledley available, but only about 40% fit. Based on that, I would opt for the one enforced change of Parker in for Rose, and lets again forget about rotation when it suits us.

Fulham have the luxury of not having to play with an ounce of stress on their shoulders, as they have only the chance to overtake Liverpool and/or Everton and potentially finish the season in a very respectable 7th place. Now call me suspicious, but I always have a feeling at the back of my mind that first season managers actually prefer to see their first season finish slightly lower that possible, as this gives them the ammunition to go to the board for signings, whilst also allowing for obvious and achievable growth in season two, which is a sure sign of their ability and progression. Maybe I just need to be less suspicious..

Perhaps Martin Jol returning to Spurs may be an opportunity prove certain people wrong will focus the Dutchman for personal revenge over his massaging of the numbers in his new project at Craven Cottage. It may of course also tempt potential and current players to look at Fulham football club as something other than a friendly little club and actually see its potential and vision, but on the other hand..

The dream weekend is to obviously see a Spurs win and Arsenal defeated, which would be made even better, should Newcastle win at Everton, but in truth I am only really interested in what happens at White Hart Lane and only when our result is established one way or another, will I even look at how Arsenal and Newcastle are getting on. But in truth, if you believe that you will probably believe anything...

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7512137#ixzz1uYzLe5Wj