Previous topic - Next topic

zzamora

FOF has gone into meltdown.

Call the fire brigade!

064.gif

To all of those keeping a clam, reasoned head  065.gif

To those running around like we've just been merged with QPR  fp.gif

Jambo

I don't think so, I've seen worse reactions.  I think some are showing concerns at not winning in 7 and being a lot closer to the bottom than we were.... And rightly so.  I'm all for being positive but not for burying your head in the sand when things are not so rosey
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

MJG

Not sure that's true. The problem today for me is that almost all the things I don't like or worry about,went wrong in that last half hour.
Kelly just not really good enough.
Senderos and the way he plays...on the edge and rushed..it all went wrong.
Petric in tandem with Bebatov is too slow.
No creative CM player.
Schwarzer a year too far.

Peabody

I said a few weeks ago that it looks like we are entering a poor run of form and unusually for me, Ihave been proved right. I also said dont panic, unfortunately some of you are doing just that. Just cast your minds back to both Mark Hughes and (dare I mention him?) Laurie Sanchez. We were in a far worse situation then than we are now. So, as the man said, keep the faith.

Count Berbatov

It's not the result. It's how you played as of late. The fans are being ...well, fans. I haven't seen any that much of overreaction .
Awful performance from the team though. Jol should sell half of it and then resign himself ;) meanwhile, while looking for someone, the board should consult the numerous managers on the forum about picking the team and tactics ;D
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

zzamora

Quote from: Peabody on December 01, 2012, 07:10:24 PM
I said a few weeks ago that it looks like we are entering a poor run of form and unusually for me, Ihave been proved right. I also said dont panic, unfortunately some of you are doing just that. Just cast your minds back to both Mark Hughes and (dare I mention him?) Laurie Sanchez. We were in a far worse situation then than we are now. So, as the man said, keep the faith.

This.

LBNo11

"To all of those keeping a clam, reasoned head"

...Oysterrer! I am not shellfish and have tried to keep a clam head, but that performance didn't warm the cockles of my heart as we were out-mussled and now I feel crabby...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: ddeuce on December 01, 2012, 06:52:54 PM

Call the fire brigade!

064.gif

To all of those keeping a clam, reasoned head  065.gif

To those running around like we've just been merged with QPR  fp.gif

So, where are all the people on this forum who, since that disastrous evening and exit from the Capital One Cup against Sheff Wed, who have been saying:

- We can finish in the top 6
- Give Jol the contract he wants, we need to keep him at all costs
- We have the best forward line in our history
- Berba is our best signing ever
- Our a central midfield of Sidwell & Baird is more than good enough
- We have the strongest 1st team squad in our history
- We shouldn't worry about a 1st team squad with a growing numbers of over-30s players on one year contracts (Riether, Diarra, Hangeland, Duff, Schwarzer, Baird contracts... which still need sorting out)
- Jol has brought in some top class players (Tavares, Richardson, Rodellega ......?)
- It's the right thing to do, to loan out all our young talent to get playing time (Frei played about 85 minutes in a five games with Cardiff, returned and couldn't be selected for the Stoke game).

It's not that we've become a bad team, it's just that we were never as good as people imagined or wanted us to be!

Today was another part of the reality.....!

Alan_C

On a day when our two best players from last season were playing for the opposition ir is clear that January is going to be a very important month not only for the outcome of this season but the coming ones. By that I mean who we can keep including our manager.

Our captain suspended and probably most reliable defender of the season in Reither injured during the first half probably didn't affect the result today that much.

The missing Ruiz an potentially Kaca did.

Ruiz means Betbatov plays further forward and doesn't drop so deep to receive the ball.

As hard as he tries Sidwell is not good enough and while I would prefer Baird in his place, neither is he. Our defence is prone to occasional errors which seem always to be punished.  How a fit Duff can sit on the bench baffles me. It seems to me today we tried to counter their pace on the wings with ours but instead lost purpose and good decision making in our own play as a result.

I predict we see a bit more of Kieran Richardson in coming weeks who when fit and playing time will prove a positive addition to a team needing confidence.

A fit squad and a bit of pace in midfield and somebody able run beyond Berbatov and this season should be a firm foundation for next season.

No need to panic yet.

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: Alan_C on December 01, 2012, 09:45:24 PM
On a day when our two best players from last season were playing for the opposition ir is clear that January is going to be a very important month not only for the outcome of this season but the coming ones. By that I mean who we can keep including our manager.

No need to panic yet.

At the rate we are going (falling), who of any great quality is going to risk their career signing for us? That is the problem that may be facing Jol come January.

What has panic got to do with our present situation? The players we have need to stay fit, fight for their places, and  play up to and beyond their potential. We need less complacency, and less of the hype about how good we are.

Alan_C

Panic is the reaction on this board which in my opinion there is no need for.

Logicalman

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on December 01, 2012, 09:13:43 PM
Quote from: ddeuce on December 01, 2012, 06:52:54 PM

Call the fire brigade!

064.gif

To all of those keeping a clam, reasoned head  065.gif

To those running around like we've just been merged with QPR  fp.gif

So, where are all the people on this forum who, since that disastrous evening and exit from the Capital One Cup against Sheff Wed, who have been saying:

- We can finish in the top 6
- Give Jol the contract he wants, we need to keep him at all costs
- We have the best forward line in our history
- Berba is our best signing ever
- Our a central midfield of Sidwell & Baird is more than good enough
- We have the strongest 1st team squad in our history
- We shouldn't worry about a 1st team squad with a growing numbers of over-30s players on one year contracts (Riether, Diarra, Hangeland, Duff, Schwarzer, Baird contracts... which still need sorting out)
- Jol has brought in some top class players (Tavares, Richardson, Rodellega ......?)
- It's the right thing to do, to loan out all our young talent to get playing time (Frei played about 85 minutes in a five games with Cardiff, returned and couldn't be selected for the Stoke game).

It's not that we've become a bad team, it's just that we were never as good as people imagined or wanted us to be!

Today was another part of the reality.....!

Well, I haven't actually seen one person saying all those things, perhaps different people saying one or more, but not ALL of those things.

Who has said "We have the strongest 1st team squad in our history"? You certain you weren't on the bitters site?
How on earth could Berba be our best signing when there is a statue outside the ground that says so much differently?

If you're gonna make a point, then at least try and keep it realistic, please. I think all those people are in your head, 'cos they ain't on this MB.

btw. I DO think that we can reach a top 6 finish and I think we should give MJ a long term contract.

Matt Inglis

Quote from: Logicalman on December 01, 2012, 10:39:39 PM
btw. I DO think that we can reach a top 6 finish and I think we should give MJ a long term contract.
+1
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

MJG

Top 6 is too far away this season, but agree Jol for the future.

Bryanthebroom

Quote from: MJG on December 01, 2012, 11:02:15 PM
Top 6 is too far away this season, but agree Jol for the future.

+1

Lighthouse

Oh shock horror so Fulham have a few injury problems and we are lightweight up front and slow. So some people want to blame Senderos and Kelly. Well as usual they are easy targets. But frankly this poor run was always on the cards once we were hit with injury problems to a few players. Our squad is poor, I know some don't agree. Our forwards are just too slow and expecting poor old Sidwell to support the old men up front is asking a great deal.

Oh and Swart is slow and showing his age. Please read my posts from the start of the season.

But don't get angry now. We should have done better in the transfer market but didn't. We no doubt wont in January because that is a 'bad time to do business'.

We will struggle until out best players are back and fit. So next week we will be back to saying how wonderful we are. Fact is nothing has changed. Poor squad will struggle after a few injury problems and Swart isn't good enough anymore. So stop blaming Senderos and any other scapegoat of the month. Fulham are to blame for a poor transfer window. Of course we will struggle without our best players and without a decent forward.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Logicalman

OK, enough with looking on the bright side you lot - lets get real and see the downside - Helgas back next week!!!

Beefy

I've been reading this forum for some time now and I'm amazed sometimes by how stunningly superficial post-match analysis by some of our fans can be sometimes.

The latest example is the comments regarding Frei. He played well on Wednesday and suddenly everyone's treating him like a saviour. He has a poor performance on Saturday and suddenly he doesn't even deserve playing time.

It's the same story after every game. We can't wait to build someone up only to bring em down. Then we lower our expectations and continue the cycle.

No, we haven't figured out our best lineup yet and no the last game doesn't make anything "official". This isn't directed at anyone in particular, and the vast majority of members here make quality posts. Just too many people seem to be quick to make hasty conclusions. Sorry for venting.

S001.gif

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: Beefy on December 02, 2012, 03:10:40 AM
I've been reading this forum for some time now and I'm amazed sometimes by how stunningly superficial post-match analysis by some of our fans can be sometimes.

I think this is prevalent much more in football than other sports. New Zealand lost against England today at rugby. That does not mean that New Zealand have become a bad side, that they shouldn't be recognised as the best team in the world, or that they should drop key players. NZ were also gracious in defeat - did you hear their manager on post match interview?

Berbatov is a naturally gifted and talented player, but he will have days when he doesn't perform at his best. It is only when he doesn't give of his best that he may get dropped - and that's the way it should be.

BishopsParkFantastic

Since when did we need a new forward? Transfer priorities have, I think, been clear since the summer - when Jol failed to bring in players with the necessary quality and creativity in midfield, or back up in the centre of  our defence. Until the last few games, we could score goals. I hope Jol spends money where it is needed in January, and to get key player contracts sorted out now, before the last minute again - Hangeland, Riether, Diarra, Duff....... I just hope that we achieve a reasonably safe position by January to enable us to attract quality players to the club.