https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexW132

Quote from: westcliff white on June 26, 2017, 03:14:14 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on June 26, 2017, 03:11:34 PM
As long as Huddersfield were involved, we never stood a chance. We move on, hopefully to Rolán.
Couple of Bundesliga clubs interested in Rolan, along with Sunderland and another english club that I cant remember.
We have much more of a chance than Sunderland, however I agree we're gonna struggle against the BuLi clubs. Gonna be a long summer.

westcliff white

Quote from: AlexW132 on June 26, 2017, 03:18:45 PM
As long as Huddersfield were involved, we never stood a chance. We move on, hopefully to Rolán.
Couple of Bundesliga clubs interested in Rolan, along with Sunderland and another english club that I cant remember.
We have much more of a chance than Sunderland, however I agree we're gonna struggle against the BuLi clubs. Gonna be a long summer.
Agree we should have more chance the Sunderland
Every day is a Fulham day

LVBPTS

Kachunga from Huddersfield now they have signed 2 forwards in front of him...just throwing it out there as an option?
Supporter since 2000

AlexW132

Quote from: corbs83 on June 26, 2017, 03:23:40 PM
Kachunga from Huddersfield now they have signed 2 forwards in front of him...just throwing it out there as an option?
Pretty sure they just signed him on a permanent deal following a loan

LVBPTS

granted, but cant imagine he would be starting many now
Supporter since 2000

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: AlexW132 on June 26, 2017, 12:35:22 PM
Quote from: Newry FFC on June 26, 2017, 11:58:18 AM
What's the deal with the Djalo guy? Has someone just made that up that he's coming into be a Burgess replacement in the u 23 team?  Why or how would that even be leaked? That is just ridiculous made up nonsense.  We didn't even need Burgess, we sent him out on loan and played with Davies/Jenz/ Sheckleford / Kavanagh.   While some of those may not be world beaters, is it fair/ OK/ logical to stick them on the bench in favour of a 23 year old journeyman?

Even if it's true, why would we want a player who wants to agree to moving to England to play in a reserve team, and he'll be 24 a few months after the season starts?
Furthermore, how's about addressing priorities instead of replacing a guy who wasn't at the club most of the season
It's been reported by Ryan O'Donovan of GWL

Yea but read his article .
....it is understood
....it can be seen that
....the club may
....Fulham are hoping

He's good at his job. He can make really good mountains out of make believe molehills

AlexW132

Quote from: Newry FFC on June 26, 2017, 03:38:03 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on June 26, 2017, 12:35:22 PM
Quote from: Newry FFC on June 26, 2017, 11:58:18 AM
What's the deal with the Djalo guy? Has someone just made that up that he's coming into be a Burgess replacement in the u 23 team?  Why or how would that even be leaked? That is just ridiculous made up nonsense.  We didn't even need Burgess, we sent him out on loan and played with Davies/Jenz/ Sheckleford / Kavanagh.   While some of those may not be world beaters, is it fair/ OK/ logical to stick them on the bench in favour of a 23 year old journeyman?

Even if it's true, why would we want a player who wants to agree to moving to England to play in a reserve team, and he'll be 24 a few months after the season starts?
Furthermore, how's about addressing priorities instead of replacing a guy who wasn't at the club most of the season
It's been reported by Ryan O'Donovan of GWL

Yea but read his article .
....it is understood
....it can be seen that
....the club may
....Fulham are hoping

He's good at his job. He can make really good mountains out of make believe molehills
Well he can't exactly say 'Fulham WILL sign this guy' 'He WILL DEFINITELY play for the U23s' otherwise he could end up with egg on his face. He's about as reliable as a source gets.

ToodlesMcToot

While I understand going for strikers of this ilk,  -  we might get lucky and sign him if no 1st division sides decide to get in as well - it seems we need to be a little less risk averse and look at players with more potential than experience. It's fun to be linked with successful Ligue 1 and La Liga strikers but, actually signing them is getting borderline unrealistic. Slavisa and stats man need to dig a bit deeper IMO.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

hovewhite

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 26, 2017, 03:46:08 PM

While I understand going for strikers of this ilk,  -  we might get lucky and sign him if no 1st division sides decide to get in as well - it seems we need to be a little less risk averse and look at players with more potential than experience. It's fun to be linked with successful Ligue 1 and La Liga strikers but, actually signing them is getting borderline unrealistic. Slavisa and stats man need to dig a bit deeper IMO.
Agree maybe ignore the stats and go for a couple of works in progress and hope at least one of them hits a run of form as getting the likes of mounie is unrealistic.

Riversider

Scott Malone leaving for Huddersfield according to a source on TIFF.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: hovewhite on June 26, 2017, 04:40:08 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 26, 2017, 03:46:08 PM

Agree maybe ignore the stats and go for a couple of works in progress and hope at least one of them hits a run of form as getting the likes of mounie is unrealistic.

I doubt that it is the stats blocking 'works in progress' candidates. Rather it is the club trying to be ambitious at this stage of the window, as many on here would want, where we find ourselves in competition with clubs in higher leagues.

I imagine we have less ambitious targets in mind and they may come into play later as our top targets get picked off.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Riversider on June 26, 2017, 04:59:47 PM

A few weeks ago he was rumoured to be leaving for Brighton, started by a friend of a friend who knew his milkman!

hovewhite

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on June 26, 2017, 05:31:07 PM

A few weeks ago he was rumoured to be leaving for Brighton, started by a friend of a friend who knew his milkman!
No chance of malone leaving !

cmg

How's Huddersfield sound to you, Scotty?

(today's picture)

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on June 26, 2017, 05:31:07 PM

Its true honest,Bayern Munich have just tabled a 20 million bid for Ayite as well..

f321ffc

RDCAfrikFoot @FulhamFC prépare un contrat pour @mulumbuofficial dont le bail expire dans quelques semaines du côté de @NorwichCityFC

ENGDrc Afrique-Football @RDCAfrikFoot @FulhamFC prepares a contract for @mulumbuofficial which the lease expires in a few weeks on the side of @NorwichCityFC
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: f321ffc on June 26, 2017, 08:34:58 PM
RDCAfrikFoot @FulhamFC prépare un contrat pour @mulumbuofficial dont le bail expire dans quelques semaines du côté de @NorwichCityFC

ENGDrc Afrique-Football @RDCAfrikFoot @FulhamFC prepares a contract for @mulumbuofficial which the lease expires in a few weeks on the side of @NorwichCityFC

Seems to say Mulumbu on a free. Is that how you read it?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

cmg

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 26, 2017, 08:41:11 PM

He's out of contract by the end of the week.

Another point regarding the Malone (non-)story. Sess will miss a chunk of pre-season as he is in Georgia, trying out for the Atlanta Falc....oops, wrong Georgia, playing for England u19.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 26, 2017, 08:41:11 PM

Hope not, 18 appearances for Norwich since 2015,   goals Zero.

rvFFC

Mulumbu has been liking and retweeting loads of tweets linking him with fulham