more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We are absolutely crap. Lets call it what it is

Started by finnster01, February 20, 2011, 07:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyGilroy

Quote from: mike_f on February 22, 2011, 12:52:47 PM
We need to have a spectacular clear out.

Get rid of Briggs, Gudjohnsen, Greening, Gera, Kamara, Salcido, Senderos and a few more.

Then buy 3/4 top quality replacements and we'll be flying and use the youngsters as cover

Brilliant. Buy top quality replacements. Why hasn't Hughes thought of that.

epsomraver

Get rid of Briggs, Gudjohnsen, Greening, Gera, Kamara, Salcido, Senderos and a few more.

Then buy 3/4 top quality replacements and we'll be flying and use the youngsters as cover
[/q
Now there speaks a wise man, good job you don't have Hughes ear! very wise getting rid of players that have not even started a game yet, promising youngster who was just starting to shine, good solid squad players , yes, really wise move

ImperialWhite

Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 22, 2011, 01:00:27 PM

Bring in Xavi, Messi, Ronaldo. We'd be sorted!

mike_f

Quote from: epsomraver on February 22, 2011, 01:05:25 PM

[/q
Now there speaks a wise man, good job you don't have Hughes ear! very wise getting rid of players that have not even started a game yet, promising youngster who was just starting to shine, good solid squad players , yes, really wise move
Briggs is not going to make it. He has had 1 good game and that came against Port Vale, tells you all you need to know about him.

mike_f

Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 22, 2011, 01:00:27 PM

Buy really good 1 or 2 players rather than wasting the budget on squad fillers like Gudjohnsen.

TonyGilroy

We're supposed to be polite on here so I will.

To judge Briggs as inadequate is ridiculous given his age, his record in junior international football, his few first team opportunities and recent injury.

Gudjohnson has been real top quality. It's worth a punt to see if he can recover that. Probably won't but the risk/reward balance given the low cost and short contract is well worth while.

Top quality players have the unfathomable habit of preferring to go to bigger, wealthier clubs. No idea why.

mike_f

Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 22, 2011, 01:33:28 PM

We're supposed to be polite on here so I will.

To judge Briggs as inadequate is ridiculous given his age, his record in junior international football, his few first team opportunities and recent injury.

If he was any good he would be a fully fledged first team member. The fact is that he is not and should be released.

TonyGilroy

mike_f

Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 22, 2011, 01:41:18 PM
I think you should be released.
Look at his performance against Arsenal, he watched Nasri run the ball in.

Peabody

OK Finn so you are under pressure, so are millions of others, my son is employed by Autowindscreen who are now in the hands of the receivers, it is highgly likely that he will not be paid this month, for work he has done. He dose'nt know what is happening, because the Receivers are looking for new buyers. So Finn, you are under pressure, my son has a wife and new baby to support, as well as a mortgage to pay, is he venting his spleen on Fulham (his team) no, he is trying to sort out the mess he finds himself in. Sorry Finn but I know were my sympathy lies. As for getting rid of players like Briggs, well, I am going to be rude and say that is stupid.

finnster01

Quote from: Peabody on February 22, 2011, 02:26:24 PM
OK Finn so you are under pressure, so are millions of others, my son is employed by Autowindscreen who are now in the hands of the receivers, it is highgly likely that he will not be paid this month, for work he has done. He dose'nt know what is happening, because the Receivers are looking for new buyers. So Finn, you are under pressure, my son has a wife and new baby to support, as well as a mortgage to pay, is he venting his spleen on Fulham (his team) no, he is trying to sort out the mess he finds himself in. Sorry Finn but I know were my sympathy lies. As for getting rid of players like Briggs, well, I am going to be rude and say that is stupid.
Mr Peabody,

I am not asking for any sympathy, I never have and never will. Life is what it is. I know I have done the most anyone could ever ask of me in the time of need, and that makes me pretty proud to be honest. And I am sorry to hear about your son, but more often than not things will work out in the end and he'll land on his feet.

But I take great offense when a team with more coaches and managers than you can shake a stick at decides to go on holiday in the middle of the season instead of focusing on their work and performance on the pitch. I do not like it. I do not condone it, but I am not the manager, so who am I to talk. Maybe we come back stronger. I just happen to doubt it. That is just my opinion which I am entitled to have and so are you.

COYW!!

Can't wait to hear the golf stories...

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

LRCN

it's not a holiday mate, it's warm weather training with a bit of golf. teams do it all the time

richie17

re expectations, someone ran a load of complicated stuff that I can't understand on a site called "A beautiful numbers game".   They reckon that to have a pretty decent shot at finishing 7th we'd need to spend the small matter of £120,000,000 more on our squad.   That's right.   

We'll finish somewhere between 14th and 9th again I imagine.   That's good for Fulham isn't it?   We're never going to have the money to get to the top places so why not enjoy what we are achieving while we still can?   In 2050 years the MAF years are almost definitely going to still be our glory days, we're really lucky to be slap bang in the middle of them.   

clintclintdeuce

I am gutted about the loss.... this was the year for Wembley... but so was the last 3... we will have another crack at it...

And for our league position, above 10th is in the cards me thinks! We are a good side, and weve got Bobby back in the mix. Fulham for the 2012 EUROPA LEAGUE!
The Dude abides.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

A bit of warm weather bonding may just be what is needed.  If you do what you always did, you will get what you always got. 

Perhaps after that showing aginst Bolton, it is time to try something different...

Peabody

As far as I am concerned, the game on Sunday was quite entertaining and certainley we have played far worse. Credit has to go to Bolton for sticking to their game plan, even though they did resort to foul play at times. Also, the referee did play a significant part in the game. I have seen far worse and do not share the over reaction shown in this thread.

TonyGilroy

Absolutely agree Peabody. A disappointing performance but not awful and not deserving of the over reaction from some. In my opinion of course.

Burt

I would be more liable to rant about this if we had a string of poor results and poor performances behind them.

Fact of the matter is we have been OK since the new year, and my hope is that Bolton was a mishap rather than the start of a slide in form.

Time will tell.