watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We are absolutely crap. Lets call it what it is

Started by finnster01, February 20, 2011, 07:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

Ding dong, taka taka, Barcelona of the south, whatever, what good is it to string a few passes when we can't score in a brothel?

Absolutely gutted. Thought this was the year I was going back to Wembley to watch Fulham.

I guess I was wrong.  :035:

And the refs in the Prem are as gifted as Eddie the Eagle was in skijumping.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

os5889

I'm inclined to agree! I thought we had turned a corner. We've beaten an under strength Tottenham, Stoke and drawn with Villa.

Woop de frigging doooo

Venting!

jarv

yup. very frustrating indeed.  I felt at times, whatever the stats say, Fulham were just not up for it today. having said that, there were some decent individual performances (sidwell, dempsey, dembele). Aj had absolutely no spark, didn't cause them one problem I can remember. Given his decent form since his return, this is disappointing. Murphy faded in and out. Glad it was a cup game :dft007:

Scrumpy

We're a far better team than we were before Christmas. Confidence is higher and the squad is almost back to full quota. We're not 'absolute crap'.

We've beaten Stoke home and away, West Brom, Newcastle, Peterboro and Spurs. We drew against a Chelsea team who were desparate for the win.

We're all gutted but let's count to ten and have a re-think!
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

MJG

Taking all the results since Xmas how many more pts do we have than you would have expected looking at the fixtures before even the season began? One maybe two extra pts. We are not getting an unexpected win anywhere like other teams, this is what worries me for the remainder of the season.
We have those three home games we  expect to win, but slip up in one like today I really believe we will still be in trouble.

Scrumpy

Quote from: MJG on February 20, 2011, 07:49:08 PM
Taking all the results since Xmas how many more pts do we have than you would have expected looking at the fixtures before even the season began? One maybe two extra pts. We are not getting an unexpected win anywhere like other teams, this is what worries me for the remainder of the season.
We have those three home games we  expect to win, but slip up in one like today I really believe we will still be in trouble.
Stoke Away, Villa Away, Chelsea Home. That's 5 points more than I expected.

I do agree with you though, we are still very close to being in trouble. I don't expect anything from Man City, but I do expect to beat Blackburn at home. If we don't, then yes, we will be talked about as relegation candidates again. :016: I'm not happy, and I'm not satisfied, but let's not get things out of perspective. If I want that, I'll read Tiff or The Offal.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

MJG

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

We were absolute crap today.  We are not always this bad and we will probably not play as bad as that again at home this season.

Let's not start the self flagellation just yet...

Fernhurst

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on February 20, 2011, 08:04:56 PM
We were absolute crap today.  We are not always this bad and we will probably not play as bad as that again at home this season.

Let's not start the self flagellation just yet...

Yep... we were very poor but they were BOLTON....new manager but same old BOLTON...... wasting time from 10mins in, niggling, pulling and breaking up the game any bloody way they could.........very disappointing afternoon. I really had a sniff of Wembley in my nostril's .... I should know better

Tom

Quote from: finnster01 on February 20, 2011, 07:21:52 PM

And the refs in the Prem are as gifted as Eddie the Eagle was in skijumping.

Now that's funny!  :011:
Fulham for life!

Lighthouse

Everything was lacklustre about the game. It felt all a bit forced as if nobody really wanted to be there on either side. It gave us a chance to practice our corners but that was about it. Glad it was a cup game and we can feel more up for it next time. But we should be used to the odd anti climax. Watch us beat City.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Blingo

Watch us beat City.

Getting the Blingo bug Light head????? lol lol lol

Yesterday was a big disappointment for me as I really did think that this was going to be our year. As I see it...and I may be wrong... AJ just does not cut it for me. He can run around like a fart in a bottle all he likes but he is there to score fekin goals and he is not doing that. BZ and ZG made a much better force up front because they understood each other. BZ did ok but you could see he was clearly NOT match fit. We actually did ok in the game in my opinion with the exception of lacking that killer instinct up front. MD is not a prolific goal scorer (scored 4 in the season before he came to us) but he is a class act and creates plenty. I see no point in AJ continuing where he left off and running out to the wings. THE GOAL IS IN THE CENTRE OF THAT BACK LINE. Sorry but I think it is time for AJ to go, we did much better without him.

Peabody

How do you come to the conclusion that Tottenham where understrength? They did'nt have Gareth Bale but he was the only one missing

Burt

Until we have a string of poor results and performances I am going to avoid the temptation of a knee-jerk doom and gloom rant.

The one thing I will agree with however is how disappointing the result is in the light of us having had a relatively straight-forward cup run too date (apart from Spurs) and a winnable tie in the next round had we seen Bolton off.

I guess Wembley will have to wait another year...

finnster01

I am bumping this because I am mad as a hatter.

Tonight, I will have to work through the night here in New York to meet a major client deadline. I still don't know if I and my team can make it, but I will certainly try. Then the next day I have to go speak on a conference and look like I know what I am talking about. No sleep, no rest, no nothing. Meanwhile Fulham is in Portugal celebrating their home loss to Bolton for a spot in the quarterfinal for the FA Cup.

If I could, I would be on a beach with a golf club too but not because I fecked up. I would have earned it. Is this what we are spending our "budget" on? Mark Hughes and his merry men may as well head back to Wales right now before they deplete the coffers on more nonsense.

I am ashamed of my club. Bunch of twats the lot in management.  :030:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Lighthouse

I remember so often coming back from Fulham on the train to face a night shift after working the night before. Thinking to myself that if I could open the train door while it was hurtling down the track and step into oblivion, all would be well.

A goalless draw to Blackpool, a defeat to Newcastle all made worse by what I had sacrificed to be there. I was talking to a Newcastle fan and saying if we turned up for work and performed like that we would be given the sack, no question. Now they not only are paid millions but go on little breaks as well.

The difference is that no matter how many times they let you down there is always the next game.

We are not so much ashamed of the club Finn, as ashamed that we will still be hoping against hope for a good result next time. See you then.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

There is a lot that is wrong with the game Mr Finn sir.

I personally get more wound up by the stupid transfer fees clubs are prepared to fork out for players, and the stupid wages which the top players are on. Both are so far removed from reality it beggars belief.

I was in A&E last night (football injury - on crutches!!) and there are hard working staff there who actually add value to society who earn in a year what these guys earn per day.

But I guess it all leads back to your point. They have a priveleged lifestyle, get paid well for (in essence) following their hobby, and the least you could hope for is that they turn up and put in a performance.

The sad thing is...we come back week in, week out!!

Its a weird world. Football is a weird addiction.

Blingo

No one loses because they want to do they? We all have good days and bad days and that was not our worst day either. We have played a lot less football than that and won games. The truth is that AJ would now struggle to score in a brothel and until BZ regains his match fitness and we get our act together in attack we are going to see more days like this. AJ and Gera were WAY off of the pace, but with the exception of the mistake that led to the goal (by the way the throw in that led up to it was ours and not theirs) and a very questionable referee we did not play badly. As always the front line is letting us down, and I am sorry to say it again, but AJ has no room in our squad and should be sold.

TonyGilroy

I think the expectation levels have gone through the roof.

I've followed a mostly crap club playing mostly crap football for 50 years. A conference of psychiatrists couldn't fathom why.

Long ago I stopped expecting anything but the worst but increasingly over the last 3 seasons or so we've exceeded expectations. I can't though get outraged at occasional below par or unlucky performances.

poo happens and to Fulham quite often. I could have avoided that by choosing Arsenal or ManU. For some reason I didn't and that's the same choice made by everyone on here.

So why expect and/or demand so much.

mike_f

We need to have a spectacular clear out.

Get rid of Briggs, Gudjohnsen, Greening, Gera, Kamara, Salcido, Senderos and a few more.

Then buy 3/4 top quality replacements and we'll be flying and use the youngsters as cover