more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We are absolutely crap. Lets call it what it is

Started by finnster01, February 20, 2011, 07:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrumpy

Quote from: Peabody on February 22, 2011, 06:37:11 PM
As far as I am concerned, the game on Sunday was quite entertaining and certainley we have played far worse. Credit has to go to Bolton for sticking to their game plan, even though they did resort to foul play at times. Also, the referee did play a significant part in the game. I have seen far worse and do not share the over reaction shown in this thread.

Agreed, as already stated on the evening of the match :045:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Jimbobob

Quote from: Lork on February 22, 2011, 03:52:10 PM
it's not a holiday mate, it's warm weather training with a bit of golf. teams do it all the time

Thanks for some calm.  :54: :54: :54:
Except for the NFL all of our major sports in the states including MLS have an "All Star" break where there is a match with All Star players. It is a welcome break in the middle of the season and the NFL teams have a bye week where they do not play.
I guess I don't see any harm in the boys getting away and clearing their heads. The FA game sucked but we gave it to them with a terrible clearing. I hope it would be a chance for them to look at the fact they have farted away seven points and maybe it will give them more drive and determination to play to a higher level...........
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

NogoodBoyo

Finn - for f's sake, you sound like "Angry of Neasden here."
Go down to the corner, ask anybody for a chill pill and get the priorities in life sorted.  Our little club losing one match after some great performances hereto before is not deserving of the rant at the beginning of this OFFAL-like thread.  Your business opportunity sounds like a far more deserving cause for your energy and commitment.
Allez - on y va?
Nogood "the Algarve - not exactly Phuket for phuk's sake, isit" Boyo

RidgeRider

Volta ao Algarve finished on Sunday this past week, maybe there were cheap hotel rooms available after the pro cyclists cleared out.....I'm certain leaving a few syringes behind as well.  :dft012:

Blingo

Nogood "the Algarve - not exactly Phuket for phuk's sake, isit" Boyo

It can be if you know where to go hahahaa.

Bling....letting it slip ....ohhhh.

WHITEwitch

I'm very torn.

I do like our 'fair play' reputation but I am also very enamoured of the tougher attacking stylye under Hughes.

The dilemma is what we do against teams like Stoke, Wolves and slightly 'better' teams like Bolton and the poo when they resort to bully boy tactics.

Maybe there's a place for Greening and Gudjonssen who we could manage without on a 3 match ban if they came on for the last 15?

VERY unhappy with the lack of protection from Attwell - was he Halsey in disguise?

Peabody

One final thing from me on this, the fact that Fulham have gone to Portugal for a few days, seems to have caused an upset. The fact is, we have got a very important game on saturday, so normal training will occur during this trip so, does it matter whether they train at Motspur Park or in the Algarve?

Burt

Quote from: Peabody on February 23, 2011, 10:13:44 AM
One final thing from me on this, the fact that Fulham have gone to Portugal for a few days, seems to have caused an upset. The fact is, we have got a very important game on saturday, so normal training will occur during this trip so, does it matter whether they train at Motspur Park or in the Algarve?

I think Mr Finn's point was that the Algarve has more the perception of a jolly around it, and how the club could justify that as a reward for being knocked out of the cup after a relatively inept display.

To be honest it was probably built in to the training schedule and booked a long time ago, and the cost already therefore incurred, so what is the point in not going?

But it is all about perception nowadays, as the divided opinions on this thread show.