News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Boussoufa linked with Fulham (amongst others)

Started by sipwell, February 22, 2011, 11:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sipwell

Anderlecht player Boussoufa has negotiated a price tag of 6 million euro. Apparently Fulham, Tottenham and Hoffenheim have been scouting the player intensively in the last couple of months.

As I said before on this board:
- Boussoufa is a good football player. He has a similar style to Modric or Van der Vaart, even though he is less good than those two;
- he is a left wing or central attacking midfielder, with a good pass and a good shot. He won the Best Player Award in Belgium twice;
- he is not injury prone. I can't remember him being injured often when playing for Ghent and Anderlecht;
- he isn't very fast and he isn't very big/tall (typical Moroccan in that sense), just like Modric or Van der Vaart but he has good oversight;
- he is a team player and has always been liked a lot by the clubs (and fans) he has played for. He has a good mentality;
- he has good dribbling skills

I am not convinced he would fit in English football. Belgian football is fairly physical but the pace is lower.

Regardless of whether he'll join Fulham or not, I am pleased that they are looking for that type of player because that is in my opinion what we need: a central attacking midfielder, with good oversight and good passing skills. He is an attacking and younger version of Murphes. 6 million euros really isn't too much for this player.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

sipwell

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

AlFayedsChequebook

His stats in the league so far this year:

22 games, 10 goals, 14 (!!) assists.

Last season:

26 games, 9 goals, 17 (!!) assists.

Impressive. If he was 6ft, I am sure he would be in the prem already.

AlFayedsChequebook

Mr Fulham