watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Right - I'm going to say it...

Started by Tktd, February 24, 2011, 11:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

Accepted....thanks. I have zero issues with the topic but I think you knew it would cause a stir, however that is not a reason not to post it though.

I love the debate on this board, this place is great at it, heck we have even recently broken are own rules and allowed political topic thread or two. Everyone was so well behaved it didn't degenerate. Debate should be allowed to continue unabated as much as possible however we need to stay reasoned and respectful, though a little emotion is certainly ok and expected.

All I am asking is just mind your tone, that goes for everyone, when you defend your position. The only reason I wrote this on the thread and not PM was because i want everybody to read it, not just highlight you. Fair enough?

Please continue and thanks for taking what I have written into consideration.

Quote from: Tktd on February 26, 2011, 02:20:51 AM

Look, I think people have got carried away with this whole topic...

What I'm trying to say is Dempsey in my opinion is overrated. What I'm trying to say is I think that he detracts from Fulhams play - he slows things down when we're on the ball amongst other things. I also think that we could've scored more goals having a confident gera or davies on the pitch due to their ability to score match winning goals or set them up too.

I RATE DEMPSEY - he has a value to the Fulham squad but he's not world class, he's average Fulham class... he hasn't been sent off or even been bid for to go to another club, he scores important goals but has a lot of room for improvement. He'd be better off as a super sub (if that).

I find it extremely annoying people are calling him a legend - he's nowhere near a Johnny Haynes type player. I just wish people would use their brain instead of their brawn as it becomes frustrating when people blindly follow someone based on goals scored in comparison to others....

Yes he's earned his Fulham stripes and has bled for the cause but it doesn't make him special... I could go on for aaaggges.

P.s - sorry ridge rider  - it was never meant to offend but more to instigate inellecutal debate. I got the impression this board could cope with what I deem mere conversation and didn't think that it would genuinely upset people. My apoligies.

Lighthouse

People do over react over opinions. I bet iF this thread was about Duff it would be locked straight away. Well people always blame the RIGHT WING MORE THAN THE LEFT.

Good old football satire.

Put the stick down Ridge - PUT IT DOWN.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RidgeRider

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 26, 2011, 02:44:33 AM
People do over react over opinions. I bet iF this thread was about Duff it would be locked straight away. Well people always blame the RIGHT WING MORE THAN THE LEFT.

Good old football satire.

Put the stick down Ridge - PUT IT DOWN.

Okey doke Beamer.  :dft012:

clint23

Quote from: bigalffc on February 25, 2011, 10:34:56 PM
Demps always gives his all in every game! He is by far the best player we have this season. End of  :hook:

+1

clint23

Quote from: PaulUMD on February 25, 2011, 11:07:57 PM
Clint is terrible.  Any schmuck could win the Bronze Ball at a major international tourney.  Score World Cup goals against Ghana and England, international goals against Switzerland, Spain, Brazil, Egypt, Ghana and 15 other victims.  

He's responsible for many of the magical moments for the club since he got here.  Liverpool.  The Chelsea brace.  Juventus.  He's 2 goals from being Fulham's all time top Prem scorer, mostly from midfield.  Every time a new manager comes in they bring in new players, and he always works his way back to the first XI.  This guy should be a freakin legend here.  

Most of the criticism always seems to be some iteration of: "Dempsey sucks because he's not Carlos Tevez." (or other substitute world class striker)

+1, agree with every word  :045:

PaulUMD

Quote from: Tktd on February 26, 2011, 02:00:14 AM
Quote from: PaulUMD on February 25, 2011, 11:07:57 PM
Clint is terrible.  Any schmuck could win the Bronze Ball at a major international tourney.  Score World Cup goals against Ghana and England, international goals against Switzerland, Spain, Brazil, Egypt, Ghana and 15 other victims. 

He's responsible for many of the magical moments for the club since he got here.  Liverpool.  The Chelsea brace.  Juventus.  He's 2 goals from being Fulham's all time top Prem scorer, mostly from midfield.  Every time a new manager comes in they bring in new players, and he always works his way back to the first XI.  This guy should be a freakin legend here. 

Most of the criticism always seems to be some iteration of: "Dempsey sucks because he's not Carlos Tevez." (or other substitute world class striker)

"Clint is terrible" - you said it yourself. Enough said. Bronze is also known as third place (Not first, or second). Most international "tourney"'s as you call them don't revolve around 4/5 teams. South Africa are a bloody good team! :s. That goal against england was magical. That's three moments you've mentioned. He's been here four out of the ten years we've been in the premiership - has anyone been here longer!? Bear in mind that we've been aiming to improve and have had )( amount of managers and therefre have had high turnover. He played striker for most of the time we had Sanchz and has played that role under Hodgson and Hughes already. - if you have that many strkers out then who else are you ging to play up front?! A defender!? Guy should definately no be a legend - we've only ever had one. Dempsey's got a long way to go before he reaches that level.

Mr. Tktd, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

ImperialWhite

I RATE DEMPSEY

Quote from: Tktd on February 24, 2011, 11:36:45 AM
I don't really rate Dempsey...

:doh:

he does score but I think he's not good enough to start

Right.

QuoteI also think that we could've scored more goals having a confident gera or davies on the pitch due to their ability to score match winning goals or set them up too.

Right - just saying things doesn't make them true. Gera has had 8 league appearances this season and has scored.....1 goal (when we were already 4 goals down, so not worth a sausage). Last season he scored only 2 league goals (to Dempsey's 7). Davies didn't score any. This season he's scored two good goals - one against Manchester United (an equalizer) and the opener in the thrashing of West Brom.

Dempsey has earnt us 4 draws (4 pts) through equalizers or goals in 1-1s and 2 wins (6 pts) in games where he is the only scorer. He has of course scored in other winning games (like the thrashing of WBA).

So to paraphrase Stewart Lee (and with all due respect):

You can prove anything with facts! I prefer to rely on instinct and blind prejudice.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: ImperialWhite on February 26, 2011, 09:00:15 AM
I RATE DEMPSEY

I don't really rate Dempsey...

:doh:

he does score but I think he's not good enough to start

Right.

QuoteI also think that we could've scored more goals having a confident gera or davies on the pitch due to their ability to score match winning goals or set them up too.

Right - just saying things doesn't make them true. Gera has had 8 league appearances this season and has scored.....1 goal (when we were already 4 goals down, so not worth a sausage). Last season he scored only 2 league goals (to Dempsey's 7). Davies didn't score any. This season he's scored two good goals - one against Manchester United (an equalizer) and the opener in the thrashing of West Brom.

Dempsey has earnt us 4 draws (4 pts) through equalizers or goals in 1-1s and 2 wins (6 pts) in games where he is the only scorer. He has of course scored in other winning games (like the thrashing of WBA).

So to paraphrase Stewart Lee (and with all due respect):

You can prove anything with facts! I prefer to rely on instinct and blind prejudice.

might as well lock the thread now, this argument is over.

mhatc

You've thought that for 4 years. You don't need to send us constant updates that you still don't like him. Don't post about it and we'll assume you still feel that way because you haven't changed. Post on it again if you ever do like him. Also, Davies has never come close to 10 goals a season even when player of the year.