News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What is the meaning behind your membership name?

Started by Admin, February 26, 2011, 05:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sipwell

I am sipwell on the powersoccer website (a game where Airfix converted me to Fulhamism) and I am so used to that, that I use it everywhere.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

LRCN

FFCOutpostCommander

I know there are a few Fulham fans scattered about the US Northeast but in my day to day life I have never met a living, breathing Fulham fan in the flesh. If it weren't for this board and a few subscriptions to Premier League broadcast sites I could be convinced that I've made the whole thing up! I genuinely feel like I'm alone in a distant outpost and, being the only one, I've assumed the rank as commander of one. It will be a glorious day when I can travel to the Cottage to touch the grounds and have a pint in McBride's. Until then, I'll keep quietly holding down the fort in Northern NJ.
Quietly holding down the fort in Northern NJ, USA

MisfitKid

OK, I'll bite and keep it brief...

One of my favorite bands is The Cars.  And the song "Misfit Kid" was one I played all the time.  Much of the lyrics applied to me.  So in high-school my friends started calling me that...    :dft003:

"I'm the american misfit kid
Still wonderin' what I did
I'm on the inside, takin' a fast ride"

If I could figure it out, I would attach it for you to hear...  :008:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

FatFreddysCat

manxman

Coming from the isle of man and being Manx, and I'm a young man...... Manxman :doh:

Manxman is used alot over here, something I've taken to the forums
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

FatFreddysCat

I was born in the London town of Fat Freddy, and our mayor is a cat, i just thought, hey why not?

Matt

My name is Matt(ias) and I'm Swedish. To make it simple for you lot.  :54: Perhaps I have to change it if you can't seperate me from Nick the Swede. :yellow:

Perhaps I could change to Matt with the Volvo or Matt with the Smorgardsbord!  :005:
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Matt The Swede on February 26, 2011, 10:50:19 PM
My name is Matt(ias) and I'm Swedish. To make it simple for you lot.  :54: Perhaps I have to change it if you can't seperate me from Nick the Swede. :yellow:

Perhaps I could change to Matt with the Volvo or Matt with the Smorgardsbord!  :005:
If you could hold of a cheap Volvo estate i'm sure Blingo will have it off you  :hook: , if not well knock it out in Golders Green no probs.

zzamora

Shaktar game, some bloke behind me shouted zzzaaammmorraa! when he scored...shortened =zzamora

LBNo11

...I used to post as LesBarrettNo11 on the old, old, old, old version of the Official message board, Les Barrett being my favourite player and 11 (left winger) being his shirt number. Most people shortened it to LB for me and so I adapted that to become LBNo11...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

The Doctor

Don't know if you went to the Bolton game, Ed, but they had a parade of the 1975 legends at HT.  Les Barrett was amongst their number

ImperialWhite

I went to Imperial (College), discovered the joys of following the Whites (well, I say joy...this was Sanchez days back then).

NogoodBoyo

Nogood "because I'm Welsh and I'm not the Messiah, isit" Boyo

VB

Originally vonbilly, on the old offal. von because I've Germanic roots (not boots). After the 'youth revolution' (cockroaches & snakes) on the offal, I moved to fulhamusa, (Im still officially on loan) now I've found a dark corner in the FoF chatroom and live there   

so now its vb for the German Viv Busby....what?
FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same

CorkedHat

I just wanted something to signify that I was posting from Australia. Such nomenclatures as "Kangaroo's knackers"  "Two bag Sheila"  "Kookaburra Calling" "Down under I'm itching" all crossed my mind but I settled for "Corked Hat" as in "I knocked them into a Corked Hat".
On the occasions that I wrote in verse I bestowed upon myself the rather grandiose title of "The Bard", rather self-deprecating at the time until some folk took my efforts seriously and the name stuck.
Of course unlike the old Offal MB you cannot change identities on this MB – well if you can I don't know how to do it – so I am Corked Hat whatever I write – good, bad or ugly. :down_under:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Jimbobob

:drums:  :beer:  :005:

Just have been called "jimbobob" as a nickname for James (Jim) eventhough there is no "bob" in my name. I am  James Thomas Fullam.
I added the "18" on here for some reason: I don't remember why. It was my original bunk number in boot camp....so my favorite number.
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Airfix

Quote from: Matt The Swede on February 26, 2011, 10:50:19 PM

Are you and Nick brothers then?

OK, Airfix.  I used to be Whiteboy on the old TFi but got accused too many times of being racist - intelligent lot!

I decided that I needed a new name and as (a) I am nutty about flying (particularly WWII aircraft) and (b) I was one of the "Model Fan" winners when we launched the asymmetric black-shoulder kit, I became "Airfix the Model Fan", shortened to Airfix.