Next 3 home games

Started by lamby, March 01, 2011, 06:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamby

Next 3 home games:

• Blackburn
  • Blackpool
  • Bolton

We need to win 2 of those to stay up. We probably can't afford to give points to Blackburn or Blackpool.

A loss to Blackburn on the weekend and we will start to get nervous. A win and I think all the pressure will be off.

Stating the obvious of course.

clint23

I think we can win all of those, but the most important are the first two.

finnster01

My 2-penny farthings:

Blackburn: 1
Blackpool: 3
Bolton: 1

Total: 5 pts
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Tom

Quote from: finnster01 on March 01, 2011, 06:19:40 AM
My 2-penny farthings:

Blackburn: 1
Blackpool: 3
Bolton: 1

Total: 5 pts

Not good enough finnster. We need 6-7 points out of these 3 games.
Fulham for life!

BalDrick

These things never come out the way they should but I reckon WWD.

Which is fine really, because the first 2 could (very loosely) be deemed 6-pointers.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

TonyGilroy

We shouldn't be worrying because we're 6th in the 8 game form table with 13 points from quite a hard run of games.

What does bother me is that our pitch is getting in the way of the football we're capable of playing and could be a leveller for Saturday.

If we beat Blackburn as we should we'd likely be 5 or 6 points clear with 9 to go and a much better GD than all other teams. No cause for concern. But if we can't beat Blackburn.............

MJG

I maintain we need to win all 3, but if we got 7pts from them I would be fairly happy.
I just do not not want us to feck up and go into the last 3 games of the season needing a win.

sipwell

Win
Win
Revenge.

Stay positive folks. Stay positive!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

ImperialWhite

At a minimum, undefeated with at least one win. On a good day, we could win all three (well, three good days I suppose!). However, all three could shock us.
Blackburn - draw
Blackpool - win
Bolton - win

AlFayedsChequebook

Blackburn - Win
Blackpool - Win
Bolton - Loss - I think they will do exactly as they did in the cup and sneak a win having fouled every player on the Fulham team 10 times.

BalDrick

'I think they will do exactly as they did in the cup and sneak a win having fouled every player on the Fulham team 10 times.'

I'm a bit concerned Blackburn will be aware of what went on that afternoon and will be looking to do the same. Whether Kean's wiley enough to think like that I don't know, though I'd suggest if he's not, he's at the wrong club.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: BalDrick on March 01, 2011, 12:21:12 PM
'I think they will do exactly as they did in the cup and sneak a win having fouled every player on the Fulham team 10 times.'

I'm a bit concerned Blackburn will be aware of what went on that afternoon and will be looking to do the same. Whether Kean's wiley enough to think like that I don't know, though I'd suggest if he's not, he's at the wrong club.

Potentially, but I was under the impression that under Keane they actually attempted to play football now.

Burt

All three are eminently winnable.

But we won't win all three.

A draw and two wins...

jarv

2 wins and a draw. 7 points, which on the back of the last 3 draws (villa, chesea, city) will be just fine.
Strong refs needed for bolton and blackburn.
Blackpool, could be the game of the season, 4-2. :clap_hands:

HatterDon

I think we stand a good chance of winning all three, but Jeez guys ... "must wins?" As TG says we just finished our toughest string of matches yet with 13 points from 8 matches. WE ARE NOT GETTING RELEGATED.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel