News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

For how long will fergie put up with Smalling now? / Hotel bans Smalling after party

Started by stevehawkinslidingtackle, March 03, 2011, 05:50:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

If this is true, there is a bit of a hairdryer waiting for young Smalling  :011:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

JBH

Too much money at a young age, this guy is supposedly an educated individual, sorry but he is just another

KNOB OF A FOOTBALLER
   :beer: :wine: :drums::doh:

AlFayedsChequebook

I get the feeling that this was not as seedy as the sun would like to make out.

The boy is 21, got drunk with mates and some girls in a hotel, caused some problems. If he was a rock star, everyone would be cheering!

plus The Sun epitomises class:

DO you know the girls? Call The Sun on 020 7782 4103 or email [email protected]

DevonFFC

MAN UTD star Chris Smalling has been banned by a hotel after inviting drunken girls to a wild all-night party - immediately after a crushing defeat.
The Red Devils ace, 21, conceded the late penalty which clinched Chelsea's 2-1 win at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday.

Blunder ... Chris Smalling trips Chelsea's Yuri Zhirkov in box
He then asked the girls to his swish London hotel and partied till 4.30am, racking up a £2,400 room service bill.
DO you know the girls? Call The Sun on 020 7782 4103?
Email
[email protected]
Lanky Smalling invited a bunch of pals and a bevy of beauties into his sumptuous £2,000-a-night suite.

And the dozen-strong group got stuck into a noisy, booze-fuelled bash during which a wardrobe was damaged and other guests disturbed.

It only ended at 4.30am yesterday after furious hotel bosses called a halt.

Smalling - praised for his maturity by Man U boss Sir Alex Ferguson - has now been banned from staying there.

Sumptuous ... suite at the posh May Fair hotel
He threw the bash in his seventh-floor suite, which had a state-of-the-art sound system that belted out pop songs. They ordered burgers and fries, accompanied by bottles of vodka, wine, beer and Amaretto liqueur.

Other guests complained to staff about booming music and shrieks of laughter.

A manager was astonished to find so many revellers in the room.

Barred ... May Fair hotel where Chris Smalling had his tear-up
And several partygoers, not including ex-grammar schoolboy Smalling, were said to have hurled abuse when he asked them to hush.

With the boss ... Sir Alex Ferguson and Chris Smalling
The disturbance was such that Smalling later agreed to pay for the room of the guest who had made the most complaints.
A source said: "The suite was damaged but that wasn't the main concern. He was banned over the guests he brought back.

"These were not the sort of women who are welcome and some men were aggressive."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3443653/Manchester-Utd-defender-Chris-Smalling-throws-party-after-defeat-at-Chelsea.html

gang

Just a phase of growing up, a quiet shout in his ear from Fergie will cure this. I look forward to seeing this young man playing for England.

White Noise

Ryan Giggs was followed by Fergie wasn't he and hauled out of parties?

If a randy Welsh ram like him can become squaky clean then Smalling won't have a problem.

The Doctor

Wasn't there a similar story about Giggs at the start of his Man Utd career?  As I remember it, he was having a party at his house and somehow Ferguson found out about it.  Ol' Red Nose steamed round there, ended the party and gave young Giggs the full hairdryer.  Apparently there was no repeat.

Good luck, Chris.  Hope it was worth it!

LBNo11

...I don't believe any sentence printed in any Murdoch 'paper, but lets say that it's revelations are true. He is young and has too much money, true, but he is doing what any red blooded male would do if he could given his privileged circumstances.

The maturity he shows on the pitch is nothing to do with his maturity off it.

If all the allegations are true, and bearing in mind the defeat and that the conveniently pious Sun expect him to be wearing sack-cloth and ashes as a result - then he has made an error of judgement, he will be told off and I think learn from it, as well as from the 'engineered' penalty he gave away.

PS: Thanks for the money Chris...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

sipwell

Well, I think sometimes a party can lower the stress and frustration of a player. A Belgian goalkeeper made an extremely bad mistake once, making his team to lose 1-0. His manager told him to blow of some steam. The player was given a day off and went out for a beer with his pals. The week after that he did one miraculous save after another.

We have to remember that professional football players are human too. If they make a terrible mistake, it is rather unnecessary to rub their nose in it too much as they understand the consequence of their mistake themselves! Cut them some slack, so it doesn't become an unbearable burden.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Logicalman

finnster01

Quote from: Logicalman on March 03, 2011, 01:01:00 PM
Quote from: LBNo11 on March 03, 2011, 10:57:06 AM
PS: Thanks for the money Chris...

uh-huh, wait til you try cashing the cheque.  :011:  :011:  :doh:
Isn't there supposedly some performance clause in his contract that could punch his contract up to 12 million from 10 if he makes enough appearances?

This incident could hurt that if Sir Rudolph decides to sit him for a bit, but hopefully he doesn't have too many choices with Vidic sent off and Ferdinand being more often in the sick bay than the chick on Star Trek.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Burt

I am thinking of hosting a wild orgy in the local Travelodge  :wine:

SmithyFFC

Seriously whats the problem?

Hes a young guy with lots of money and time on his hands, what else is he going to do? Good on him  :beer:
FTID

VicHalomsLovechild

Did it not occur to anyone at the Hotel that spending £2400 on booze and burgers in the early hours was a little unusual?

TonyGilroy

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on March 03, 2011, 06:45:10 PM
Did it not occur to anyone at the Hotel that spending £2400 on booze and burgers in the early hours was a little unusual?

I'm sure they thought they were cheap and common. They'd have expected coke and champers.

Crita

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on March 03, 2011, 06:45:10 PM

The way I read it - hiring the room for the night cost 2,000 and the room service etc only cost 400....

(Sorry, I don't have a pound sign on my keyboard!)

FatFreddysCat

Bloody hell what a non story, young rich footballer lets his hair down a bit and probably bangs a bird or two. I'm pretty sure if i was him i'd be in the papers every week and make Gazza and besty look like choirboys. Good on yer Smalling, nuts to the guts and all that  :59:

HatterDon

He's a hard-working and very talented young player who is having a very good season. Can't think of a better reason to chop him down.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel