watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gudjohnson?

Started by MrFFC, March 04, 2011, 01:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFFC

Is it just me or would anyone else really like to see Gudjohnson get a start against Blackburn? I like AJ he works hard but i don't feel he will score goals. I not sure if Zamora is fit and obviously if he is that changes things but i think if not Gudjohnson and Dembele upfront is a dangerous strikeforce. Although i expect team to be unchanged from the City game
Thoughts?
Come on you Whites!! :)

clint23

AJ had a good game at City, with a great assist, I think he should start

TonyGilroy

I'd like to see starts for Gudjohnson, Kakuta, Davies, Gera and Zamora but I don't want Duff, Dempsey, Dembele or Johnson dropped.

Incredible options for Hughes to have.

MrFFC

Yeah AJ did have a decent game but i still don't feel he can score goals and tomorrow is a big game for us

MrFFC

Yeah we have great options i would like to see Kakuta get game time but Duff is playing well also Davies a good player but you would start Davies very good squad we have now a lot of options for sure.

Alanovich

Just seen on Twitter (official FFC Tweet) that Zamora's available for this weekend.
"I wear the trosuers in this house. And I wash them and I iron them."

- Dennis Thatcher

Burt

Quote from: Alanovich on March 04, 2011, 01:27:09 PM
Just seen on Twitter (official FFC Tweet) that Zamora's available for this weekend.

I wouldn't be inclined to start with BZ though.

RidgeRider

to be fair, for all intents and purposes, AJ made that goal the Duff tapped in, so scoring goals IS important but helping the team score goals is just as important. Bobby didn't score much two seasons ago but helped the team score goals. AJ has had a recent goal and an amazing assist last week and I would rather have him starting and bring Gudjohnson in as a 2nd half sub just to give Blackburn something else to worry about.

AJ's pace is still a worry for some teams, and his form is good right now.

BalDrick

Gudjohnsen seems to be seriously underrated by a lot of us - the man is a way better goalscorer than AJ. EG and the Bobster tomorrow, reckon they could do some serious damage to Blackburn.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

McBridefan1

Quote from: clint23 on March 04, 2011, 01:19:10 PM

I applaude little AJ and his assist but the reason the pass and assist wasn't reversed was because AJ can't be found in the box... I like the idea of Gudjohnson and Dembele. Better still Bo Z and Dembele.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: McBridefan1 on March 04, 2011, 03:17:56 PM
Quote from: clint23 on March 04, 2011, 01:19:10 PM

I applaude little AJ and his assist but the reason the pass and assist wasn't reversed was because AJ can't be found in the box... I like the idea of Gudjohnson and Dembele. Better still Bo Z and Dembele.

But who cares which way round it is?

In modern football roles like "forward", "striker", "midfielder", "winger" are really starting to become blurred. If a "striker" passes beautifully to a "midfielder" or even a "winger" and a goal is scored, so be it. They all count.

McBridefan1

But who cares which way round it is?

In modern football roles like "forward", "striker", "midfielder", "winger" are really starting to become blurred. If a "striker" passes beautifully to a "midfielder" or even a "winger" and a goal is scored, so be it. They all count.
[/quote]

you're right phaq it let's stick him out on the wing... and while we are at it Salsalido comes forward pretty well let's get everyone in the box and let AJ pass it to them... hello... if we keep this way of thinking it will look like two teams of american 5 year old kids playing soccer... everyone follows the ball in a great big rugby scrum... AJ does well for his size because he is quick but he has slowed, he can't beat most defenders to a ball anymore but he does still work hard. I just think it is too difficult to get him the ball without a guy like Bobby to hold it up for him. For me a guy like bobby paired with a guy like dembele who is more dangerous than the smaller AJ who has less skill on the ball and to be honest less speed and strength... But that's just me. I know you guys love the plucky little guys but he is useless up top by himself. You can't even launch in over the top or send him through because he isn't tall enough and he isn't quick enough anymore. The reason he was out on the wing making that pass is because he knows it too.