watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thoughts About B'Burn Game

Started by Ordar, March 07, 2011, 11:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

Very strange atmosphere at the Cottage on Saturday. Very subdued for alot of the game. I enjoyed the match though. Seemed a bit like an England cricket performance at the moment!

Few quick points that I picked up on.

Hughes's tactics, I thought, were spot on. I was even more delighted with the positive subs he made. Our bench looked great before the game, and having all those options to come on was nice!

Duff was exceptional. I'm sometimes critical of the inside out wingers but when it works, it really works. 2 good goals and should have got the Blackburn player a clear red card. We do seem a little 1 dimensional sometimes with the attacking play if a team shuts Duff out the game.

AJ was lively, and really should have won 2 stonewall penalties. Bobby and Kakuta came on and looked class. Dempsey and Dembele floated in and out of the game. Murphy put us in trouble a couple of times, especially from that awful fk.

Alot of people are praising Etuhu, but I thought he had a bad game. Was unlucky to get booked early on, and I dont feel he is even half the player Sidwell is. To be fair to him though the pass to Duff for the first was nice. Completely wasted a chance in the second half, when it looked like he was clean through.

Schwarzer's shot stopping and command of his area was decent overall. His distribution on the other hand was abysmal. I'm still not convinced he offers more than Stockdale, but everyone has their own opinion.

Overall a hard earned 3 points which would have been alot more comfortable with a couple decisions which I didnt feel were too hard to make. Our defending, which is usually so good, was comical at times.

Next up an Everton team without Cahill and Fellani. We're in good form and with Bobby back, anything is possible. I for 1 will be very interested at what team Hughes puts out.

TonyGilroy

It's funny how different people see different things.

I thought Etuhu was seriously good and thought the contact on Duff when clean through (and I sit virtually level with the incident) was minimal at best. As he often does Duff went down too easily.

I'd be happy to see Stockdale establish himself in the first team and agree that distribution is not Schwarzer's strong suit but he's a top class shot stopper and his command of the penalty area is exceptional. He must give the defenders great confidence.

Otherwise I agree with you.

jarv

I agree with Tony. Etuhu seemed (to me) to win more 50/50 and loose balls than any other Fulham player. He also dropped deep, tucking in to help out Salcido on a number of occesions. Played the role well, offering a lot of protection for the back 4.

King_Crud

there were a couple of times where Robinson was upfield taking free kicks, which went to Schwarzer. Scchwarzer should have bombed it AFL style and see if he could score at the other end while Robinson was running back

HatterDon

Quote from: King_Crud on March 07, 2011, 01:07:27 PM
there were a couple of times where Robinson was upfield taking free kicks, which went to Schwarzer. Scchwarzer should have bombed it AFL style and see if he could score at the other end while Robinson was running back

Theoretically, it's a good idea, but Mark has to hold the ball for 5-10 seconds and grimace a lot before he kicks it directly to an opponent.

I'm ready for the Stockdale Era to begin.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ImperialWhite

Quote from: King_Crud on March 07, 2011, 01:07:27 PM

Everytime this happened (didn't he even do one basically on the halfway line?) I shouted "shoooooooooot". It was really fun.