watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sent Off For Tackling A Streaker

Started by White Noise, March 08, 2011, 12:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor

Well someone needed to show the stewards how it's done!

I seem to remember a similar bit of footage from a few years back.  Non-league game (one of the teams might even have been the Police), and a streaker comes on and larks about a bit.  Then one of the players - a copper by profession, funnily enough - launches at the bloke with a horrible leg-breaker of a tackle.  That was the end of the streaker's antics.  That player got sent off as well

epsomraver

How can you justify sending a player off when,1 play has stopped and 2 the streaker is not a player or part of the football clubs out there?

sipwell

Quote from: epsomraver on March 08, 2011, 12:57:28 PM
How can you justify sending a player off when,1 play has stopped and 2 the streaker is not a player or part of the football clubs out there?

I think it says in the rules that all "foul" behaviour on the pitch is considered to be part of the game itself. He tackled him rather than obstruct his passage (for the police to get him). It is a strange rule but it is nonetheless logical. You equally get yellow if you provoke the opposing fans.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

epsomraver

He definitely needed his passage obstructed!!

ImperialWhite

The ref obviously saw dodgy tackle, but it looked fine to me. He clearly went for the ball(s).

:005:

mrska

Clattenburg would of waved play on !

mccscratch

One of the few aspects in which the NFL is better.... If fools want to be daring and interrupt play...they should accept all consequences...

James Harrison Sacks Browns Fan
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

epsomraver

GoldCoastWhite

Always liked this one personally, even if Ian Chappell is a prize arseole !

Greg Chappell attacks a streaker in 1977